Respected Contributor

@tashy you speak the truth.  If you keep focusing on that situation, you will just harbor ill thoughts and you will become part of them in a way.  Focus on the good times and good things you did for your Dad.  He would want it that way.

Sending you peace to keep in your heart.  You did good. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Regular Contributor

Kanerblue you are so right,from this moment on,I am focus on know my father is not suffering anymore,and wouldn't want me to harbor bad feeling,going to make a spa appt😊😊😊😊😊 I deserve  it,thanks

Respected Contributor

@tashy....my sincere condolences. Been there, done that with relatives who don't give a c*rap. My SIL was at the front door with both hands out waiting to collect whatever she could get when her parents died. She still owes us thousands of dollars that we will never see.  All I can say is what goes around comes around.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Super Contributor

@tashy    I'm so sorry for your loss of your father - may peace be with you.

Keep your expectations of others low to minimize disappointments, but also to maximize the joys of unexpected kindnesses.

image.jpeg

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Esteemed Contributor

@tashy  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  My dad passed away Dec 28 2015 after a very long illness. 

Family and friends were there to say good-bye.  Most didn't visit during his illness or his last months in a skilled nursing facility, or hospice.  It was because they have their own illnesses and family issues.  Most of which I didn't know about until after the fact.  Quadruple by-passes, crippling MS, double knee replacement, shoulder surgery--- that is all in one family.  Most families have something to a lesser degree.  I had no idea because of what we were going through with my Dad.

Family and friends had wonderful stories to tell of my Dad.  I loved to hear what they had to say.

Trusted Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@tashy

I'm sorry for your loss.  Thank you for taking care of your dad.  In retrospect you will be glad you did.  As for the others, they will have to answer for themselves.  Family do not always put other family first.  I know this from my own personal experiences.

This is so very true, @AnikaBrodie.

It was the same for me when it came to taking care of my relatives. For the most part, some of my family members didn't want to help when it came to helping out. 

The thing that I felt bad about, was that the ill family members knew it, and it had hurt their feelings that their own family members didn't want to come to visit them or come and see them. That's what made me feel sad. 

As you said, it will be on them. 

Honored Contributor

@tashy

I am very sorry to read about recent loss of your father. When it comes to people, and/or family members, often at times of a serious illnesses and death, you learn a lot about who they really are deep inside.

So many stories I could tell you about many of my co-workers when it comes to deadly illnesses and deaths of friends, it is really sad. My mother died in 1969 but I will never forget her years of going downhill and nary a sign of her family. But at her funeral?

Condolences to you and those that truly loved your father, from my wife and myself,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I am sorry for your loss.    I have had bad experiences with "long-lost" relatives showing up out of curiosity......or just plain looking for something to get.....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Thanks Guys for all the condolences, I really appreciate it, and my condolences to your losses too, take care of yourselves

Valued Contributor

@tashy wrote:

Thanks Guys for all the condolences, I really appreciate it, and my condolences to your losses too, take care of yourselves

@tashy First, I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear father.  As many have said, good for you for being there for him.  I'm sure it meant the world to him to have you there.

Second,  good for you for holding it together at the funeral and pledging on this thread to remember the good times and get yourself some pampering.

Take care!