Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: optimum phone service is inoperable again

I don't have Optimum ..........I'm not in that area.

However, lots of phone company repair trucks on any given day.

Probably too many options/companies, and who knows if they are 'messing up' the lines while each of them are doing 'this and that'.

We cancelled our land line, and are happy with cell phones.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Re: optimum phone service is inoperable again

i have optimum, but not the phone service. the cable and internet stop working just about every month. when it's out for 4 hours, the next day i call the  billing department to get a credit for the outage. by that i mean, 1 or 2 channels will just go blank for hours.

for the last 3 or 4 years or however long it's been since they were bought by altice (is that how you spell it?), the internet and cable have become a royal pain.

tech support claims they know nothing about mass outages. had the nerve (or stupidity)  to ask how i knew it was a mass outage. i said, because when there is a mass outage, no one at your company answers the phone. complete silence on his end at that point, 'cause he realized that i know the game that they play.

being who i am, i ask, if the company is hiring (not that i have any plans to ever work for anyone else again), but because i'd like to collect a check for not knowing anything.

i would imagine, you should be able to get a credit for phone service not working.

i remember years ago, they were running some special, if you signed up for their phone service. i asked the guy what happens when the cable, internet and phone all go out at the same time, how was i suppose to call tech support? as he had no answer, i said, that's exactly why i will never have all 3 services with the same company.

they really need to hire grown people that have a clue, otherwise, the cable and internet companies will be in trouble, when jeff bezos realizes that the industry is having a problem. his team will step in and build a new cable company - LOL