Respected Contributor

@Desertdi God one!

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Desertdi God one!

Thanks @Luvsmyfam      I know I shouldn't let that bother me...but words like "hideous" and "ugly"  are such HARSH adjectives that it kinda "gets on my nerves".     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi Yes,I fully agree with you

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Well, I wish posters would quit describing a garment as "hideous"...when I just ordered one in every color

It doesn't mean that YOU are hideous, it means the garment is......you shouldn't, IMO, 

take it personally.

Honored Contributor

I like that you are sensitive to the nuances of language and manners, @Desertdi ,  and agree.    Someone might say certain random things out there are "hideous"  in a general sense---   but once someone has come out and said,  "I bought that",   or "I have that",  the situation alters. 

Why deliberately hurt someone else's feelings over a mere aesthetic choice?  You can still say something to the effect that, oh, it isn't my particular style, or doesn't suit me, personally-- if you must.  You don't have to cast aspersions on the other person's taste by a blanket declaration, in my opinion.   It's just part of being considerate.

I also don't like when someone responds to something another likes by saying the ever-popular "yuck".   Or "ugh".    It's overkill, and too harsh, in my opinion.  Not necessary.       

Honored Contributor

@Oznell     If you would like to hear something really bizarre...   I was at work (with a number of co-workers present), when another woman came charging in and yelled, "WHO owns that black car parked in front of the building?" 

I replied that it was mine...and she proceeded to screech that it was "unladylike" and that "I must RETURN it IMMEDIATELY".   She continued to deliver quite a lecture...     I was

stunned.     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi - Wow.  Was this woman someone who worked in the building (business) or just a random stranger who came in?

LOL - I've never thought of a vehicle being "unladylike"

So what did you do?  Or say?  (I assume you did NOT return the car.)  Woman Very Happy

I can well believe you were stunned.  If someone came rushing in like that, where I worked, I'd have thought they'd just damaged my car!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Desertdi - Wow.  Was this woman someone who worked in the building (business) or just a random stranger who came in?

LOL - I've never thought of a vehicle being "unladylike"

So what did you do?  Or say?  (I assume you did NOT return the car.)  Woman Very Happy

I can well believe you were stunned.  If someone came rushing in like that, where I worked, I'd have thought they'd just damaged my car!

@Venezia    It was a "younger" woman from another department.    I knew who she was.   I will never know what triggered her "objection"...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Whoa, agreed, @Desertdi ,  and @Venezia ,    that was totally bizarre.  Hard to fathom what she could have even meant by such a weird outburst!   You seem to have taken it in stride, @Desertdi .

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

It's not a differing opinion that causes the problem; it's how the opinion is expressed.

Naw. I find that people today get their feelings hurt much more than the past. You have to toughen up in todays society.

"Pure Michigan"