Respected Contributor

oh my god, when is this going to be over?? (rhetorical question only)

Between two knees with torn ligaments and the corona virus shut-down in my state, I'm just around ready to go over the edge. Really-I've been stuck home since early in January. I'm pretty good at keeping myself amused, entertained, etc., but I can read only so many books (thank God for Kindle, btw), talk to neighbors (the nice ones), watch so many movies on Nexflix or any other television outlet, hang out on message boards, play board games, play with my cat., etc.

I haven't had a haircut in probably 6 months and I don't know how my husband (or anyone else, for that matter, but it's mostly my husband who is forced to see me) can bear the sight of me. My sister lives with us and she's an awfully good sport and we do have some very entertaining conversations, especially when we drag Mom--who wasn't a good mother--over the coals. But even badmouthing mom can only go so far and lately we've been slandering other relatives (who are all dead and can't be hurt by what we say).

Speaking of my husband--the poor man is going to have cataract surgery on Thursday and I'm afraid he'll finally get a good look at me and freak out!!!

Does anyone else feel this way? I can't be the only one.

QVC Customer Care

Re: oh my god, when is this going to be over?? (rhetorical question only)

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Between two knees with torn ligaments and the corona virus shut-down in my state, I'm just around ready to go over the edge. Really-I've been stuck home since early in January. I'm pretty good at keeping myself amused, entertained, etc., but I can read only so many books (thank God for Kindle, btw), talk to neighbors (the nice ones), watch so many movies on Nexflix or any other television outlet, hang out on message boards, play board games, play with my cat., etc.

I haven't had a haircut in probably 6 months and I don't know how my husband (or anyone else, for that matter, but it's mostly my husband who is forced to see me) can bear the sight of me. My sister lives with us and she's an awfully good sport and we do have some very entertaining conversations, especially when we drag Mom--who wasn't a good mother--over the coals. But even badmouthing mom can only go so far and lately we've been slandering other relatives (who are all dead and can't be hurt by what we say).

Speaking of my husband--the poor man is going to have cataract surgery on Thursday and I'm afraid he'll finally get a good look at me and freak out!!!

Does anyone else feel this way? I can't be the only one.

@GoneButNotForgotten We're all in a boat full of holes in the bottom.  I've at least gotten the pup old enough to whimper at the door (turn it up PUP!!!)!

If I don't get to work soon (assuming there will be customers there but doube it!) I'm scheduling myself to lose it!!!!

Honored Contributor

It seems like everyone has had enough...way more than enough.

Prayers this is over soon and doesn't come back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten 

No knee or other joint or health problems. Staying home is fine with me, BUT !!!  Not being able to get in my 3 days of ice skating?  Grrrr

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten Just when we learn to do our hair.  Mine was so bad I buzz cut it.  Then I ordered 2 wigs and really love them.

I plan to dump the hairdresser and save $150 per month in the future.  My hair was always hopeless to begin with.

Valued Contributor

No, you are definitely not the only one. Cat Frustrated

Valued Contributor

@ MaizeandBlue - May I ask where you purchased the wigs you like?  I think I will be going that route.  Really don't know when I will get to the hairdreser.  

Respected Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza Sure--I got the really short pixie from Hairdo from QVC.  The brown rooted blonde is very nice.  It sells on many websites, but the QVC one would be easy to return.

Then in 2 days I was so into it I got the Winner by Rachel Welch from Name Brand Wigs for less than $100.  Went for pumpkin spice with darker roots.

My advice is to watch relevant youtubes and not to buy ones with too much hair because they need to be trimmed, usually.  Plus, I never had much hair, so a full one would look fakey. 

Valued Contributor

@ MaizeandBlue - Thanks a lot for the recommendations!  Will check them out.Smiley Happy