Esteemed Contributor

Re: misplacing something... and finding it again

I had my DH make something for our grand daughter for Easter.  As I was putting together her basket, I could not find it.  Could not remember where I put it.  So I had him make it again.  Then as I was about to wrap up her "big" present, (a tie-dyed beach towel with her name embroidered on it from Lands' End,) I found that I had put the first thing he made in the bag with the towel.  I had put it somewhere logical and safe, which apparently was the wrong thing to do!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

Kachina624

it's like Christmas at my house sometimes too! Sometimes I think I could hide my own Easter eggs and still not be able to find them. 

Honored Contributor

I am very OCD with my belongings, and losing things is not much of an issue with me.  

Honored Contributor

My Mother gave me a bracelet that meant a lot to her and for the life of me, I couldn't find it!  I'm pretty good with my stuff but not finding that bracelet really hurt me.  I have sold on eBay since 2003 and one day I had a little jewelry box I was going to put up for sale.  Looking it over, all the little drawers were empty and shaking it provided no sounds.... something (thanks Mom!!) told me to actually take each drawer out of it and look where the drawers had been.  and there it was, my Mom's bracelet!!  I'm so, so, so happy I found it!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

My son says "nothing is ever lost till mom can't find it". 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought some tree-root killer toward the end of the year last.  I did not use it as the season waned and it turned cold and well, you know the rest of the story.  I was going to use it today because I have a vine with a root somewhere between Mexico and Texas growing in my hydrangea bed and I wanted to kill it.  You are supposed to paint it on.  There is a brush with it.  It is in a large container.  I cannot find it.  Do I buy more or just wait and let my gardener keep chopping it as it grows, hoping that one day I will find.  Sure as I buy more, I will then find it and I don't need much and like I said, it's a large container full.

Respected Contributor

A good many years ago, I could not wear my wedding band.  Something with the gold, I thought.  So I stopped wearing it and put it away for "safe keeping."  A while later I wanted to try wearing it again, but could not remember where that safe place was.  Then I dreamed it was in a box in the upstairs closet.  Woke up, went upstairs and there it was.  Honest, this is true -- and I was able to wear it again -- no rash either. 

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

A good many years ago, I could not wear my wedding band.  Something with the gold, I thought.  So I stopped wearing it and put it away for "safe keeping."  A while later I wanted to try wearing it again, but could not remember where that safe place was.  Then I dreamed it was in a box in the upstairs closet.  Woke up, went upstairs and there it was.  Honest, this is true -- and I was able to wear it again -- no rash either. 

@coffee drinker   What a great dream.  Not a nightmare at all.  Sweet.  Glad you found it.

Esteemed Contributor

You're all giving me hope that I will find my mother's wedding ring....not her original ring, but one she had made after my dad died, using her diamonds and also one that was my grandfather's. I'm positive I had it in my jewelry box because I only wore the ring once in awhile, but it's just not there. Did my former cleaning lady maybe take it? Did I put it somewhere else? I've hunted and hunted, and just can't find it. Breaks my heart, but I'm not giving up!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

You're all giving me hope that I will find my mother's wedding ring....not her original ring, but one she had made after my dad died, using her diamonds and also one that was my grandfather's. I'm positive I had it in my jewelry box because I only wore the ring once in awhile, but it's just not there. Did my former cleaning lady maybe take it? Did I put it somewhere else? I've hunted and hunted, and just can't find it. Breaks my heart, but I'm not giving up!

@jannabelle1 

I lost one in a similar way.  I took my rings off at the sink to keep them from coming off while using dishwashing soap, and put it on one of those little ringie thing holders with a kitty cat and a tail.  I was in a hurry to go to work the following morning and did not wear them. Thought about my rings all day. That night, in all my haste in doing things, never thought about them again.  Then the next (and I also had a housekeeper) I did not even find the ring keeper thingie.  No rings.  We removed the refrigerator, took everything out of the cabinets, looked everywhere.  Up to that point, my housekeeper was very honest so I did not want to blame her, I never like blaming people.  Years went by.  We decided when we moved we might find it, as when we picked up the sofas (we had 3 at the time because we had a big house), things would fall out like a lost key, change, etc., that had slipped into the neverlanding places of the sofas.  Never found my rings.  Still have not found them in several house moves.  Did find the little ring thing behind my toaster.  Not sure why I would have put it behind the toaster.  I thought that strange.  Gone forever.  Many years ago.