Reply
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 179
Registered: ‎07-23-2017

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

shortbreadlover, is there something wrong with your keyboard? Your writting is "off". 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,266
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

[ Edited ]

@firestorm wrote:

shortbreadlover, is there something wrong with your keyboard? Your writting is "off". 


 

@firestorm 

 

She has a detached retina, and is going to have surgery, so her vision is imaired.

 

 

She talks about it on this thread

 

 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/had-to-have-another-eye/m-p/5369813#M318396

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,262
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.


@firestorm wrote:

shortbreadlover, is there something wrong with your keyboard? Your writting is "off". 


@firestorm  So is yours...there is only one "t" in "writing".

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,210
Registered: ‎03-02-2016

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

Just consider the bedroom set a loss. The courts would not award you any monetary winnings anyway. The sale happened 14 years ago. If you really wanted the set you would have picked it up before now.  Just remember you helped a person (I won't call her a friend. She hasn't acted like one) in need. Hold on to that and let this person go from your life. You are better off without her. Forget her.  (oh, and welcome to the club @shortbreadlover .  I too have had a torn then detatched retina.  All fixed up now. Just a slight loss of vision and lightness. Not a big deal).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,617
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

[ Edited ]

You have enough real problems in your life now, you don't have create new ones for yourself.  That bedroom set thing was almost 15 years ago.  That's a lifetime ago.  You did a kind and generous thing for someone who needed it back then and you made the decision not to take the bedroom set at that time.  So, it's done it's over and you cannot revisit it just because you got mad at her.  Have you even had a relationship with her for all these year?  At any rate, you asked for the ride and she declined.  So, let it go and figure out another way to get to the hospital.  If you have  transportation problems, you should go to the Social Service or Social Work department in the hopsital and discuss it with them.  Most hospitals have taxi vouchers and they can advise you about senior shuttles and other transportation services.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,136
Registered: ‎06-25-2018

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

thank you for all your comments.

 

i was upset that  day because i needed to get to the or as soon as i could to repair my eye.

 

  i did lash out in angry at her when  said the mean things to me.  i  was upset with her and myself .  under normal  conditions, i would have never thrown that up to her. and i know that the bedroom set wouild be a sore point if i brought it home

 

 i did learn a very good lesson.  i now know how the Savior felt when He was betrayed .  not that this can even come clsoe, but it gives me a much needed lesson compassion.

 

and as a friend once told me, ileave getti ng even up to God.  he can take care ifit better then i ever coul;d.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 580
Registered: ‎12-28-2011

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,952
Registered: ‎02-22-2015

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.


@shortbreadlover wrote:

thank you for all your comments.

 

i was upset that  day because i needed to get to the or as soon as i could to repair my eye.

 

  i did lash out in angry at her when  said the mean things to me.  i  was upset with her and myself .  under normal  conditions, i would have never thrown that up to her. and i know that the bedroom set wouild be a sore point if i brought it home

 

 i did learn a very good lesson.  i now know how the Savior felt when He was betrayed .  not that this can even come clsoe, but it gives me a much needed lesson compassion.

 

and as a friend once told me, ileave getti ng even up to God.  he can take care ifit better then i ever coul;d.


@shortbreadlover  Nice of you to post you new outlook on the situation. You'll be a much happier person. We all learn from each other. Very kind of you to acknowledge your change it attitude. Thanks. 

Best wishes with your surgery. Keeping you in my thoughts.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,124
Registered: ‎06-25-2012

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

OP, I'm so hoping you relayed your calmer, change of mind to your friend. No on can have too many friends.

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,821
Registered: ‎02-16-2018

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.


@ID2 wrote:

OP, I'm so hoping you relayed your calmer, change of mind to your friend. No on can have too many friends.


@ID2 @shortbreadlover I’m sorry, but with friends like that who needs enemies. Shortbreadlover did a wonderful thing, but I doubt they will be friends in the future.