Honored Contributor

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

Let it go,and move on.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It has been 13 years since you purchased something and have made no attempt to take delivery.  Now when your friend, assume you have been for the last 13 years, cannot or will not help you when you call, you throw it at her that you want the bedroom set. Ok, maybe best to just move on.

I agree. 

@shortbreadlover, you're right to end the friendship and move on.  She has no interest in being a good friend to you even though you helped her out when she needed it most.  She's shown her true colors.  But I doubt a court would award you the furniture now since so much time has gone by.  And she can turn the whole thing around, and take you to court for storage fees.

So I think it's best just to leave the entire situation in the past.  You don't know what condition the furniture is even in at this point, and personally I wouldn't want the bad karma in my house.  Move on, and know that you did the right thing for someone in need.  You should feel very good about that!

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

My dad had colin cancer for over 20 years. He had numerous surgeries, chemo, radiations, medications, etc. The cancer spread throughout his lungs and other organs. It's a deadly form of cancer.

Where has the OP been during the past 13 years? Can't say I blame the "friend" for not helping. Although I doubt she has been able to take the OP to the hospital. 

The OP is not understanding or kind IMHO.

I'm sorry about your dad, but not everyone's experience with colon cancer is the same.  Not all colon cancers are alike and not all patients are alike. It's entirely possible that her friend is fine now, working, driving, etc. 

I also didn't get the impression that the OP and her friend had lost touch.  It didn't seem to me that she had suddenly called her friend after many years had passed.  (I could be wrong, but that's not how it sounded to me.)  

It seems that the OP did something pretty big for her friend years ago, but the friend couldn't be bothered to do even a small favor for her now.  I don't blame her for being upset.

Respected Contributor

Friendships can expire just let it all go and you learned. I still have friendships that are over 30yrs old cherish them but others came in & out and learned near the end they used me. One friend wanted a divorce 15yrs ago & still now wants it well go get it don't involve me. Money problems, marriage & other things same song over & over again. Do something. I don't even live in the same state, jealous person if you have a happy marriage. Told me the day she wed she never had feelings for him just wanted children. Wow, who does that? We live we learn and want to tell us how sad their life is, you create this and I tried to help her but seems she just wants to complain & not do anything to move forward. I'm done. 

Honored Contributor

I certainly wouldn't want to sleep in it ,or have it near me. It has bad memories attached to it. Let it go ,for your own mental peace. It won't bring you any joy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shortbreadlover   Unfortunately, I learned a long time ago that not all friendships are forever. I also learned that there are givers & takers in the world. I’ve always been a giver,with my whole heart. 

I’ve been used & abused by several so called friends.As a result the friendships expired.It took me quite a while to realize that these people were never going to change.The only way for me to heal was to move on & leave them behind.

Now that I’m older I have fewer friends by choice.I surround myself with people who lift me up rather than tear me down.I still give with my whole heart.That will never change.

Dr Phil always says “that you teach people how to treat you “. I totally agree!!  Maya Angelou said “When someone shows you who they are believe them”. I agree with that too!!  This is how I now choose to live my life.

Forget about your friend.Her license to hurt you has expired.Move on. Be happy.You deserve it.💐

Esteemed Contributor

No good deed goes unpunished.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I certainly wouldn't want to sleep in it ,or have it near me. It has bad memories attached to it. Let it go ,for your own mental peace. It won't bring you any joy

I agree with @cherry. The furniture will bring you no joy even if you manage to retrieve it. Nor will a revengeful act bring you peace. You were there when she needed a friend and you can part ways without guilt. 

Valued Contributor

Hearing stuff like this always breaks my heart. Good Friends are so important in life and so hard to come by. From what you said here, you have been a very good friend, the one who someone could rely and depend on during tough times. Again very hard to come by. I always wanna be cognizant of all those time people helped me and wish to return those favors soon. 

It sounds like your friend forgot how vulnerable she was and how you saved her at that time of need. Im glad you reminded her but her response didnt sound very nice at all. While we cannot force others to return favors because we do them out of generosity on our own part. Maybe she is going through a hard time herself and may not be as tough as you are. Perhaps, ask another friend or nowadays uber is the easiest method to get around. I do wish you a speedy recovery. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop