Honored Contributor

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

@K9buddy wrote:

To those of you who are making it about the bedroom set.....it’s not about the bedroom set.  It’s about the OP getting vindication over the hurt her friend has caused her.  And I don’t blame her for wanting to: however, I would just abandon the friendship and take satisfaction in the fact  that you were able to help someone out and leave it at that.  I know it’s easier said than done, but I bet she’ll be back asking for help and you can then get at least some revenge.  On the other hand, if you have hard evidence that you had an agreement with the women over the set, take her to court or at least threaten to.

@K9buddy 

With all due respect, I think everyone here realizes that the bedroom set is not the 'real' issue here with the OP and her 'friend'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

Please take the advice that a majority of posters have offered:  forget the bedroom set; forget the false friend ( in reality a user of others and their compassion ); keep the number blocked; and, chalk it all up to experience.  

No doubt you have learned a very painful lesson.  Chasing after her via telephone and threatening legal action can backfire on you....harassment charges towards you but no legal footing to reclaim something you gave away so many years ago.

After years of being a good friend and supporting a woman through her many troubles....think hours of telephone calls and hours of coffee get - togethers and then absolutely nothing !  If I hadn’t been there for her, she would have muddled through and vented her frustration at her inability to control others somehow.  So, I saved some folks from a nasty confrontation.....and now I am free.

Not wishing harm on the users is important as well as forgiving them.  It will free you in many ways so you can enjoy life.     The hurt will dissipate when you decide to let go.

Please enjoy life....it is so short !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Do people read and edit at all. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover  First, I hope that your operation either went well or it goes well.  You were a good friend to her, but she is not one to you.  It is time to move on.  Forget the bedroom set.  Even if you were to get it, there is no way to know the condition that it is in today.  It also is now full of a bad memory.  Sometimes you just have to let it go.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover   These types of people worship the almighty dollar. She needed your cash but now she's done.

You're well-rid of her!

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover    She is a user and not a friend at all.  So sorry she treated you like that at your time of need.  Do not harbor hate and anger over her treatment of you as that will only make you ill.

move on....give gratitude for YOUR LIFE and all the good coming to you.....keep giving gratitude and thanks. Every day.... repeat that over and over.......block her out of your thoughts.....you have all the power. Do not give it to her. 

Good will I’ll happen for you!❤️❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

How often do you speak with or see this person.

Has there been a time lapse in the friendship.

Could it be that she has been having memory issues related to health problems.

Your situation hurts. Clearly friendship means a lot to you and your respect the needs of others but right now you need to concentrate on what you are going thru and what you need. Getting upset is not going to help you keep calm before your surgery. Now it is time to put you first and find another ride.

As for the bedroom set, that has not been an issue for you before now, it was your way of feeling like you were slapping her face because of your hurt. That is not who you are.

Wishing you a good surgery, good recovery, and good health.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover  I would cut my losses and forget about it, everytime you look at that bed room suite you'll get a bad vibe. Just because the bedroom suite is over a 100 years old doesn't mean it's worth a whole lot, or that you will even get what you gave her for it, if you can sell it.

Honored Contributor

Too much time has passed.  If she was going to pay or reciprocate, she would have by now.  Let it drop and move on.

Honored Contributor

I don’t see options in a situation where you lost a friend, cash, and a bedroom set.   Time to pull up the BGP’s and move on.