Trusted Contributor

lost a good friendf and i am glad.

aabout 2005, a good friend had colin cancer and she was off work for three months with no pay.sher was about to become homeless due to tyhe fact that she had no income, and mounting medical bills plus she was recovering from cancer.

shehad a bedroom set that she was going to sell topayher rent.  iboughtit from her but never took delivery due to the fact that i did nt want to see her homeless and have to wsell her berlongs just to pay the rent she toldme over  and over again, how grateful she was to me becuase no one else would help her and and she was going to be homeless.

fast forward, icalled her when i had to have my second operaton to ask for help getting to the hospital.  she told me that what's the big deal.  you said it wasa minolr operation.  then she told me that she was sorry that i  was goi ng through this but she had her own problems and she did not want to be bother with this. then she hung up on me.  icaalled her back and told her that she was willin g to accept help when she needed it  and  made no attempt to repay or deliver the bed room set.  .  she toldme i needed mental hepl..  i call her back and told her that i am going to heal and when i am able, i will collectthe bedroom set.

i could not beleive that someone could be that cold and unfeeling.  i have since blocked her number and if she refuses to turn over the bedroom set, i call take her to court.  it is an antique set over 100 years old..

i am not sorry that i helped her when  i did.  i feel that i would rather she do this to me then forme to have don e it to someone else..  pleaser gie meyour advice

Respected Contributor

Re: lost a good friendf and i am glad.

I think you have a good handle on this situation and don't really need advice.

I'm sorry that this happened to you.  It really stinks when someone you care for betrays you.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover So very sorry.  What you did to help this woman speaks to the kind soul you must be.  It shows your love and compassion.

Unfortunately, there are those without compassion.  There are also "users".  It seems you had an experience which may save you in the future.  I think people who live with their "glass half empty" must be very sad inside.

Esteemed Contributor

It has been 13 years since you purchased something and have made no attempt to take delivery.  Now when your friend, assume you have been for the last 13 years, cannot or will not help you when you call, you throw it at her that you want the bedroom set. Ok, maybe best to just move on.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

While I agree that it was probably disappointing for her not help you, when you helped her in the past, the reality is that you made this purchase in 2005 and made no attempt to collect on your purchase for 14 years.

I'm not sure that you would have a leg to stand on in trying to collect/sue her now.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

i know what you are saying.  i am just hurt that someone that i thought was a good friend lacks compassion and understanding when someo ne else was in nweed of help.  iguess i just had thought that she was a better  person then to do that.

i aam still debating what i am going to do.  my feelings are stil. raw and i feel deeply hurt. but i do know that i am better off  cutting her out of my life.  had she really been grateful for the help, she would have made an attempt t5o either repay the money or see that the bedroom set was delivered.

i know that  we all; have have our problems  and sometimes we are overwhelmed by them.   i never tried to pick up the set because i knew she had other health and family issues.

bedroom set aside,  i am glad that i helped keep one perwson from being on the street.

Respected Contributor

I think the bedroom set isn't really important here.

What is important is that your friend , whom you helped, refused to help you when you needed her.

To me that says you may have been her friend but she was and is not yours.   Forget the furniture, keep her number blocked and forget about her as well.   

You don't need that in your life.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

To those of you who are making it about the bedroom set.....it’s not about the bedroom set.  It’s about the OP getting vindication over the hurt her friend has caused her.  And I don’t blame her for wanting to: however, I would just abandon the friendship and take satisfaction in the fact  that you were able to help someone out and leave it at that.  I know it’s easier said than done, but I bet she’ll be back asking for help and you can then get at least some revenge.  On the other hand, if you have hard evidence that you had an agreement with the women over the set, take her to court or at least threaten to.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover  You did a lovely thing. Keep that in mind. She's not a friend. Don't stew on this, the only one upset is you, she could not care less.

As to the bedroom set: I've seen cases like this on Judge Judy and The People's Court. After this many years you don't have a chance of geting it. You really need to just let it go, for YOUR own peace of mind.

I wish you well.

Trusted Contributor

the set is not that important.  it is the fact that someone4 was not the friend that i thought them to be.  and i am just going to concentrate onhealing for the ntext little while and then decide what to do.

i do not     wish her evil or anything.  .   but i am keepiong mu options open.