Honored Contributor

@lolakimono How are you coping with doing the online classrooms going on now.  I'm sure it's difficult with a foreign language.

My heart goes out to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Well, we haven't done much "learning" for sure.  Teachers started back for a week without students so that we could attend hours of virtual meetings and trainings.  I was in good shape because I already used Google Classroom, but there were teachers who had to do everything from scratch.  Last week was the first week, but then we ran into spring break (today is the last day) and so we will be beginning week two tomorrow.  This is the week where things are graded as last week was just a "practice."  On day one I got about 75 emails.  I am a co-teacher in my department's Google Classrooms, so anytime a student leaves a message I also get an email.  The "ding" from the inbox is maddening.

Technically we are off today, but I posted the week's assignments for each class to give them a bit more time.  We are under a tornado warning with thunderstorms, so I'm trying to get the electronic work finished while we still have power. 

Honored Contributor

Re: @lolakimono

[ Edited ]

Bless you.  I can't even imagine!  Apparently, if you are back you don't have the virus there?

In NC we're still locked down.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck. I sense there's an enlightened sense of respect for educators during these trying times. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Bless you.  I can't even imagine!  Apparently, if you are back you don't have the virus there?

In NC we're still locked down.

@ECBG 

No, we are exclusively online, but not posting today because it's still spring break.  As of now, we will be out until April 24.  My guess, from the investment in passing out technology, is that we will be closed for the remainder of the year, but nothing has been announced.  Everything is hurry up and wait.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  Hi, I emailed my SIL (the teacher) about your Google Classroom student notifications. She said you can turn off student comments and student postings and just have the teacher post. You can even "mute" individuals (muting sounds like my work meetings lol.) She said she uses the student comments and postings when she wants students to share their work or have a "group discussion." I think she said that students email (or gmail?) her directly. She said she used to have a lot of student questions but has fewer now because she spends a lot of time having to be more specific in her directions and adds to them if she gets a lot of the same questions. Idk if this is helpful, and I wish I could be more so.