Valued Contributor

Out of nowhere my liver numbers are higher  I never have had this in my life  They are 111 instead od 55 or 30  Without getting me nervous can anyone relate to this  I worry about everything

Honored Contributor

Did you get any medical feedback?  For me, I would take a close look at my diet and be proactive.  Certain meds, alcohol, obesity can also be a factor.  You might want to check the symptoms for liver disease and call for an appointment for a follow-up consultation with your doctor to discuss these issues. Set an appointment for another test in the future after implementing any lifestyle changes.  Wishing you the best of health!

Honored Contributor

Lots of temporary things can affect your liver numbers---talk to your dr about it before freaking out------

Honored Contributor

Is it possible the lab results were wrong?    They sometimes mess up. I've had that happen...and had to have the test re-done.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Lots of temporary things can affect your liver numbers---talk to your dr about it before freaking out------

@mollymaggie 

This is true.  And common.  Sometimes numbers will spike with a viral infection.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

And this is why I've never had labs drawn! Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@mollymaggie  Are you taking any supplements? Sometimes that could be a factor.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

And this is why I've never had labs drawn! Woman Wink

ignorance is not bliss when you are dealing with your health. That is exactly what you want to see on your labs, the outliers. This could simply be a mistake. But it also could mean there's something really going on.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee  @Bhvbum 

I  provided nursing care to many many patients who neglected themselves routine healthcare  , even when they had health insurance . Many of these pt's appeared at the hospital  with acute liver disease , renal  disease , lung disease ,  cardiovascular disease, cancer , and Diabetes . Many of whom  would have  fared much better If they had only had some rountine  yrly health assessments years earlier.

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie 

Your liver enzymes go up and down constantly in response to the foods you eat, the meds you take, if you've been sick, if your body is reacting to anything, etc.

In most cases, a doctor will simply want to repeat the bloodwork in 4-6 weeks.  

A high reading is not always a cause for alarm.