Honored Contributor

Re: lengths on air please

[ Edited ]

For those who mention that the lengths are different for each size, what is stopping all the hosts from simply providing the range of lengths?  That is better than just omitting it altogether.

Some do, but more and more rarely these days.  

In any case, they are supposed to be providing a service, especially for those things we can't immediately access.  Where to wear something is just so much filler. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

For those who mention that the lengths are different for each size, what is stopping all the hosts from simply providing the range of lengths?  That is better than just omitting it altogether.

Some do, but more and more rarely these days.  

In any case, they are supposed to be providing a service, especially for those things we can't immediately access.  Where to wear something is just so much filler. 

I agree. 

Honored Contributor

I am also interested in the lengths of tops...why not just mention it in the presentation rather than being required to go online and look for it? Many viewers are not able to access info via computer.

I am glad to see the term “tunic” less often now and just the word”top”. Tunic usually means it will almost be down to my knees at 5’4”.....very unflattering unless youbare tall...imho.  Tunics don’t seem to be all the rage this coming spring at most other stores....still just something QVC has embraced as they continue to lag behind other retailers....including shipping costs which it is clear they have no intention of addressing.

Honored Contributor

I am totally an impulse shopper.  The more measurements you can give me on air, the greater the chance is I will use the auto phone system and buy it.  I rarely go turn on the computer at night.  Pant lengths are absolutely mandatory, tops I can be more forgiving on.

Honored Contributor

IMO if people take the time to watch the presentation on air and telephone their order in, the least the producer should do is show the sizing chart on air long enough for the customer to get the info they need. Instead of standing at that dumb rack and talking nonsense,the hosts should go over the garment measurments shown on the chart. If those of us with technology can 

Honored Contributor

IMO if people take the time to watch the presentation on air and telephone their order in, the least the producer should do is show the sizing chart on air long enough for the customer to get the info they need. Instead of standing at that dumb rack and talking nonsense,the hosts should go over the garment measurments shown on the chart. If those of us with technology can get enough info from online, there is no need for the Q to produce a whole show and air it.