Respected Contributor

Congrats on your "new" car.  I hope you get many happy miles out of it.

I have to stick up for new cars.   DH had a 2004 little Mercedes sedan.  When we got rid of it last summer, it have just over 200,000 miles on it.   We never had one 'problem' with it.   He took it to the Mercedes dealership where we bought it 2 X a year for routine checks and maintenance and that was it.    I had a 2012 Hyundai and never had one problem with it.   I can't recall any of my friends having 'problems' with their new Volvo, Lexus, Toyotas or whatever either.  They drive them for years and years and no problems.   

Honored Contributor

OP is very lucky to have found a good clean used car that meets her needs, at a price she can afford without going in debt.  

In my area of southern WV, it is easy to find this type of car, which was usually owned by an older couple, who only drove it locally.   My husbands cousin lucked out and found a good deal like this a couple of years ago.  

My 2013 Toyota Highlander was bought new 4 months after I retired, and in December 2018, only had 16,750 miles on it.   It now has 28,000 miles, due to my husbands recent health issue that requires us to travel upstate monthly for recheck appts.   I bought this car thinking it would probably be the last one I would need, but I might wear this one out.