Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@shortbreadlover  Wow!  You did get a good bargain.  Love it!

About 7 or 8 months ago I bought a car for my little sister.  I don't remember much about it but I thought that was a good deal at $2,000.

If my family needs another car again....can I give them your number.....you are a good wheeler dealer....good for you!

OK, so who says women aren't good at shopping for cars?  They need to look you up!Heart

Am I missing something? She never said how much she paid for it so your post makes no sense.

Respected Contributor

Best of luck with your new 31 year old car.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

the engine had been replaced because the owner had let the car over heat.  they also replaced the radiator and all the hoses.  i have all the paperwork for it.  i didnot want a newer car because so much can go wrong with them and costly to repair.

a neighbor has a 2017 ford they bought brandnew and they have had nothing but trouble with it.

also the sate ofutah wants to charge a fee for miles driven based a gps systems .along with a gas tax.  thiscar doesn't have a gps system so they can't charge  me for miles driven.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: just got another car

[ Edited ]

@shortbreadlover wrote:

the engine had been replaced because the owner had let the car over heat.  they also replaced the radiator and all the hoses.  i have all the paperwork for it.  i didnot want a newer car because so much can go wrong with them and costly to repair.

a neighbor has a 2017 ford they bought brandnew and they have had nothing but trouble with it.

also the sate ofutah wants to charge a fee for miles driven based a gps systems .along with a gas tax.  thiscar doesn't have a gps system so they can't charge  me for miles driven.

The State is just looking at various test programs.  The reasoning is that newer and hybrid cars are more fuel efficent, thus less revenue from the gas tax.  Electric cars and alternative fuel cars pay none at all.  They are looking at a per mile tax vs a gasoline tax.  That seems more fair since in most states use that revenue for road and bridge repairs.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your ride.  Mint condition- that should include brakes, shocks, struts, tires etc.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

My DH and sons love older cars.  We own several and my DH restores classic cars as a hobby.  They don't make the newer ones to last very long anymore.

My DH does most of the maintance on our vehicles including body work. He always says change your oil frequently.

Is your "new" car eligible for an antique license plate in your state?  I love seeing those old cars on the road.

Enjoy your new ride.

Super Contributor

Congrats! So happy for you. I like keeping my cars as long as I can too. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

me too.  and i like the fact that i can pay  cash for them and not owe anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover My husband loves his 2001 Le Sabre.  It looks new and it's a powerful car,my Rogue drives like a putput car compared to the big luxurious Buick. We've had it 14 years trouble free. Keep up the oil changes etc. and yours will last,too.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

it is a 1988 buick lesabre in mint condition.  it has a new engine i  it and that has 14,000 miles on it.  thebest part is that it doesn't cost a mint to insure and the taxes are really low. itlooksgreat and i love it.

i got 19 years out of my 1990 buick century and i only spent $700.00 in repairs in 19 years.(doesn't include tires batry or muffler)  can'tbeat that.

We just sold our Century a couple months ago. I’m glad for you.