Trusted Contributor

it is a 1988 buick lesabre in mint condition.  it has a new engine i  it and that has 14,000 miles on it.  thebest part is that it doesn't cost a mint to insure and the taxes are really low. itlooksgreat and i love it.

i got 19 years out of my 1990 buick century and i only spent $700.00 in repairs in 19 years.(doesn't include tires batry or muffler)  can'tbeat that.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations @shortbreadlover .

Sounds like a great deal.  My husband drives a Buick Lacrosse and loves it.  It has a lot of nice features. 

Happy driving. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Seems odd that a 20 year old car with only 14,000 milea would need a new engine, hope you enjoy your new car.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy,

The new engine has been run for 14,000 miles.   Hard to tell how many miles were on the original engine before a head gasket or something blew.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@CrazyDaisy,

The new engine has been run for 14,000 miles.   Hard to tell how many miles were on the original engine before a head gasket or something blew.  

That may be so but most people talk about the odometer readings when discussing a car.  The engine is not that only expensive part on a car that shows wear and tear by the miles driven.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover  Wow!  You did get a good bargain.  Love it!

About 7 or 8 months ago I bought a car for my little sister.  I don't remember much about it but I thought that was a good deal at $2,000.

If my family needs another car again....can I give them your number.....you are a good wheeler dealer....good for you!

OK, so who says women aren't good at shopping for cars?  They need to look you up!Heart

Respected Contributor

Enjoy your new car, that’s the way to go!

@shortbreadlover wrote:

it is a 1988 buick lesabre in mint condition.  it has a new engine i  it and that has 14,000 miles on it.  thebest part is that it doesn't cost a mint to insure and the taxes are really low. itlooksgreat and i love it.

i got 19 years out of my 1990 buick century and i only spent $700.00 in repairs in 19 years.(doesn't include tires batry or muffler)  can'tbeat that.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover   I hope you took it to a  reliable mechanic to look it over completely prior to purchase .  A car that old may have other issues of wear and tear besides the engine that in the near future may nickel and dime you.  

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

Glad you are happy with your car. If only "engines" were all a vehicle needed to keep it road worthy. It is still a what, 31 year old vehicle? I hope this holds up as cheap as your 1990 Century, $700? Can't beat that, and I'm thinking you don't do a lot of in-city traffic, stop and go. All highway miles are much easier on the parts of all vehicles.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
We kept our 1998 Buick until 2015. It had a gasket issue when we finally decided to buy a brand new SUV.