Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: it was an angel

[ Edited ]

I’ve told this story before but can’t remember if it was here or not.

I was in the hospital about six years ago, probably for another collapsed disk, I really can’t remember.  However I was there for a considerable length of time.  Unfortunately, no one had seen to it that my bathroom needs were taken care of, not even me.  That said, I became intestinally blocked.

one day it was really bad and I begged the nurses to help me, give me an enema, anything.  They said they were not permitted to do anything internal.  I was in a room by myself at the time.  I just laid there moaning, the pain was very bad.

after many hours, a young man walked in with a suit on and a white doctor’s coat over it. No one else was in the room.  He asked my name, and said he was there to help me.  I gave him permission and followed his instructions.  Within five minutes he went to work and removed the obstruction.  It was very painful but I just held onto the bedrail and gritted my teeth.

as in giving birth, the pain was immediately gone.  he said “all done” packed up his instruments and turned to leave.

astonished at this and at myself, I said very quietly under my breath, “sometimes God does send angels,”  he heard it, stopped, turned around and and walked over to me, saying nothing, but just put his hand on my arm very gently and left.

I am not spiritual.

later i asked the nurse who the doctor was who helped me.  She said “what doctor?”  She knew nothing about it.

I’ll never forget it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover, What a heartwarming story!  I do believe that circumstances happen to us in times when we are the most in need of love and support.  You certainly needed something special, and something special happened to you.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it shows, too, that to get involved in a situation is sometimes a good idea.

It gives a new meaning to minding one's own business.  Live, and share.

Cogito ergo sum
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

After I had my first eye’s cataract removed, I went the next day or so for my follow up appt.  All was fine.  Close by his office was my parish business office, so I stopped in to drop off my quarterly donation since I was close by.

As I was leaving, I apologized for the heavy duty wrap around sun glasses and told the business office manager that I hadn’t gone “ Hollywood. “ He laughed and I told him I had just had cataract surgery.  

He mentioned that the pastor was having that done the next morning and he was very anxious.  With that the pastor happened to walk by and I called over to him that I understand we will be members of the same club.  Would he like to talk about the procedure?

We talked for 15 minutes and I could see him finally relax.  As I was leaving, he thanked me for coming by.  I simply told him that the visit was his gift for God....as I had no intention of stopping that day.

Sometimes someone will be the angel for you; other times, you will be the angel for someone.

The more you can relax, the more quickly your body will focus on healing.  It has to be a very scary time you are going through right now but patience is very important.  If you can meditate, do so.  If you can listen to calming music, do so.  Both these activities do not require sight:  you will be using other senses to focus with.  This should take the pressure off of watching every minute change in the eyesight.

Younwill be in my prayers.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

After I had my first eye’s cataract removed, I went the next day or so for my follow up appt.  All was fine.  Close by his office was my parish business office, so I stopped in to drop off my quarterly donation since I was close by.

As I was leaving, I apologized for the heavy duty wrap around sun glasses and told the business office manager that I hadn’t gone “ Hollywood. “ He laughed and I told him I had just had cataract surgery.  

He mentioned that the pastor was having that done the next morning and he was very anxious.  With that the pastor happened to walk by and I called over to him that I understand we will be members of the same club.  Would he like to talk about the procedure?

We talked for 15 minutes and I could see him finally relax.  As I was leaving, he thanked me for coming by.  I simply told him that the visit was his gift for God....as I had no intention of stopping that day.

Sometimes someone will be the angel for you; other times, you will be the angel for someone.

The more you can relax, the more quickly your body will focus on healing.  It has to be a very scary time you are going through right now but patience is very important.  If you can meditate, do so.  If you can listen to calming music, do so.  Both these activities do not require sight:  you will be using other senses to focus with.  This should take the pressure off of watching every minute change in the eyesight.

You'll be in my prayers.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree   that just gave me chills

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor

Re: it was an angel

[ Edited ]

@shortbreadlover ,Devine intervention indeed!We are quick to be thankeful in the good,questioning the bad.You were sent comfort by a human,acting on the word!Bless your eyes,life and open mind. All will be well.....

Honored Contributor
@Bird mama wrote:

I am a firm believer that certain people are meant to cross our paths at critical times to give us hope and encouragement Heart

@Bird mama 

Absolutely!  Certain People as well as Certain Animals.

I often think of the amazing people and animals who have graced my life, and the circumstances under which we met.  No coincidence, can not be chance.  I can never fully explain, but accept with much gratitude.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover   There are no mistakes in life.  Wishing you clarity of vision and a quick healing from your surgery.