Trusted Contributor

it happened again with my eye

the retina detached again.  i had to have surgrey last tuesday to repair it.  it was in a different place but it was still a detachment.

i have had five surgeries in the last 7 months on this eye..the good thingis that the dr planned to put the oil back in ny eye and leave it for 6 months.  but he found that the detachment was not too bad, so he could put the gas bubble back in place.  i was so grateful for that.  i was at my wits end thinking i would have to have the oil in there for another six months.  but this way, the gas bubble will disolve in 8 weeks and then i will get my vision back.

this has really been so depressing for me.  i have cried each and every night for hours.my house is so dirty because i have not been able to clean due to the healing process and the fact that i can't lift thing over 8lb.  my balance has been so off that i stumble all over the place due to a lack of depth of field.

i was told not to use a cane  because it would it worse and i need to make mybaody balance.  i am going to use one when it snows so i do not fall.

but i am going to beat this and i will get both my balance and vision back.  it is just a matter of time.

Respected Contributor

Re: it happened again with my eye

Oh my, I'm sorry you are going through this.

Do you have a friend or relative you could ask to come over and spend an hour or so vacuuming, dusting and scrubbing the toilet for you?  Don't even think about big cleaning projects right now....that can wait.

Use paper plates as much as possible to save on dishes.

Sending a prayer your way.  🌷

Esteemed Contributor

Thinking of you @shortbreadlover.

I spent 2 days at the eye doctors this week with eye issues.

It takes time. Hoping things begin to improve for you.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover.  You've really had a time with that eye.  It's amazing you've been able to maintain your optimistic outlook.  I'd  cry every night too.  Fingers crossed that this latest procedure works and your eye troubles are over.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that.  You have had such a terrible time with that eye.  All I can say is hang in there and follow doctor's orders and try not worry about things you can't do anything about.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm making this large so you can read it.
I'm so sorry you are having trouble again, but take care and be careful.
     If the house really bothers you maybe you could check with a cleaning service or maid to come even once. Sometimes church groups can help.
      Take care and let the eye recover!

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover   I am so sorry to read that your retina detached again.  Would it be okay if I prayed for you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

the retina detached again.  i had to have surgrey last tuesday to repair it.  it was in a different place but it was still a detachment.

i have had five surgeries in the last 7 months on this eye..the good thingis that the dr planned to put the oil back in ny eye and leave it for 6 months.  but he found that the detachment was not too bad, so he could put the gas bubble back in place.  i was so grateful for that.  i was at my wits end thinking i would have to have the oil in there for another six months.  but this way, the gas bubble will disolve in 8 weeks and then i will get my vision back.

this has really been so depressing for me.  i have cried each and every night for hours.my house is so dirty because i have not been able to clean due to the healing process and the fact that i can't lift thing over 8lb.  my balance has been so off that i stumble all over the place due to a lack of depth of field.

i was told not to use a cane  because it would it worse and i need to make mybaody balance.  i am going to use one when it snows so i do not fall.

but i am going to beat this and i will get both my balance and vision back.  it is just a matter of time.

So sorry you are going through this. I can relate, in a way, because I spent 2018 having 3 corneal transplants (the first one did not take and had to be redone the old fashioned way that takes a year to heal and does not restore your vision past the big "E" on the chart). I understand that the retinol detachment is quite painful while my surgery and recovery involved no pain (just lots of eye drops). I have the same depth perception issue since my right eye has such poor vision and it is quite annoying. Please be careful and don't fall as that will certainly complicate you eye issues. You might want to think about getting a walker (with no wheels in the front) to use in the snow since it will be more stable and will not tilt you to one side.

I still have not caught up with the cleaning in my house and have gained a lot of weight from having to take it easy for a year. It is so frustrating. 

Just remember that at some point this will be over and a distant memory and you life will go back to normal. In the meantime, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

it has been hard to be postive.  but i try.  i just cuddle my dogs at night and do thebest i can.  my cousins are comingover to help me with the yard. and i have wonderful neighbors who have helped me with appointments for the surgeries.

the dr is postive too so that helps.  but i hate the idea that winter is coimng and it is going to be so cold and dark.  i justhopeit doesn't snow too much either.

Esteemed Contributor

I can certainly understand your depressed thoughts after (any eye surgery- from seven months, having "5".

@shortbreadlover , please, do not even give thought to lifting, or any house cleaning -whatever, now.

Your vision is PRICELESS, and if not healed with the fluid presses back to its positioned area, then there is the MACULA THAT COULD / MAY / BE INVOLVED.

THAT IS VERY SERIOUS. 

THE DOCTOR DID SAY (from your post) this is not too bad. And, the time /bubble/ limit is not as long as thought.  

I have a very good friend that began in a similar way, and now has Retinal Vein Occlusion where the main blood flow is narrowed. [More to with his high blood pressure]

He has to have a needle injection into the center of the eye with medication to open up the main route for blood to flow every 4-6 months.

shortbreadlover , No crying. Does 0. 

Although a completely different health eye condition, think of ONLY the positive, and not dwell, in the least, of your house being cleaned,by you.

Hire out, if  possible or a doable. Again, Priceless/SIGHT!

YOU ARE BETTER OFF THAN MOST AND SOON THE RECOVERY TIME WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST. 

Thinking of you, now. 

It's going to be better than I ever thought, from what I had read. 

Blessings for you, Heart 

I have you on my prayerful thoughts list right now.

Recovery: I know that 8 weeks for the fluid /oil/ bubble will hopefully be completely dissolved by then.

Never take any chances with your vision.