Honored Contributor

Re: i finally said something to neighbors....

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom

And you say you are an animal lover? Sure, wait a few months, maybe by then this puppy might be maimed or dead. 

My idea of a TRUE Animal Lover is not someone afraid to try to protect a defenseless Animal. Guess my type of love for animals is 100% different than yours.

Sure MYOB while bad things happen around you and then wonder what is wrong with the human species of today. What a piece of work.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scotnovel

Did you miss where I said "they might even call Law Enforcement"? If they are committing what I view as Animal Abuse? I will take my chances with Law Enforcement! It wouldn't be my first time around with Law Enforcement and Property Rights. Had that round with a past HOA, and they lost BIG time.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

They come and go all day, the homeowners and some of the kids. He runs his co out of house and many different cars and people. I have thrown ice over side fence when I don't see windows open. I also have photos of upside down water bowl not moved. I have dogs and did not want any trouble until I saw that and lost it. I was thinking of sending a gift card from petco , and I gave them a bed once. They do not speak good english.
Trusted Contributor

I also told the lady that I will call animal control if  and i am very worried about the dog. I did not want trouble with them, i was trying to think of what  the best thing to do for everyone. I do not know them, they keep to themselves, they avoid me. I saw the man from my upstarirs window, top of head but i will never forget his voice. i have been watching this dog, racking my brain for ideas. they would know it was me no matter what if i called animal control, only my window can see the side yard about the water. Well now they know for sure i am watching. i have my hands full with 4 dogs, which i think is the limit here. 

Trusted Contributor

oh and yes, trust me, many fights with husband about this, he runs from confrontation....

Super Contributor

Yeah, well, t hat dog can't r un, can it? 

Call the police or steal the dog or do something.  You saw a puppy being hit and are dithering about what to do next???   Dont' just sit on the internet. 

Trusted Contributor

At this time it is his word against mine, the owners know and I am watching. They know I am watching and will report anything from now on. Maybe this is a awakening for them, I don't know. I am not going to make excuses for them. It was not the dogs owner who did it. That's n ot to say they are not neglectful, I did speak to an animal control man I saw awhile ago. He asked if the dog has a shelter from sun, it does an old wood dog house, if it has food, I said yes, and water it did at that time. They filled a plastic big storage container and it was always dirty. I have a picture. He said then unfortunately nothing he can do.
Trusted Contributor

You did well......dont second guess yourself. Smiley Happy I think you are very brave as it can be downright dangerous today to make "waves" with a neighbor. Like the animal control man said there is only so much you can do if the dog has shelter, food and water (even if not very clean). Is sad  that people get pets and then treat them badly or not as we would want them to be treated.  Is easy here on the internet to stick our chest out and say what we would do in your situation but I have seen lives ruined...even worse by neighborly confrontation after long standing resentment. I would NOT suggest "stealing" the animal as someone suggested or you would find yourself in very dire legal troubles no matter how noble the theft LOL.  I actually had to finally move after confronting a former neighbor about his "pet" situation. Turned out very stressful and ugly is all I will say. Glad I live in middle of nowhere now and not around any humans anymore. Is sad in my young days and even now sometimes noone would stick up for abused children like me even when the abuse was well known by neighbors. Good luck

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@sidsmom

And you say you are an animal lover? Sure, wait a few months, maybe by then this puppy might be maimed or dead. 

My idea of a TRUE Animal Lover is not someone afraid to try to protect a defenseless Animal. Guess my type of love for animals is 100% different than yours.

Sure MYOB while bad things happen around you and then wonder what is wrong with the human species of today. What a piece of work.

hckynut(john)

GREAT comments. I AGREE. She's OBVIOUSLY NOT an animal lover.

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I must be the outlier with this.

I would guess most everyone on in this forum are animal lovers...myself included, and the safety of an animal is paramount, but we have to remember...these are our neighbors.

I would've anonymously called the City authorities to handle the one-on-one with the neighbors...but what is done is done.

I would lay so incredibly low from now on.  

Unfortunately, from this point forward there's nothing you can really do...without them knowing you called the City.  They could make your day-to-day life pretty bad...dangerously bad...especially if pushed.  AND they could injure the dog just to make you upset. 

Let things cool off for a good long while (months) before even remotely thinking of doing anything....IMO.

NO, you're NOT and BAD idea.