Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,202
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

The only break up we had was his death 3 years plus. And pets really help. My one cat likes sleeping in my bed.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,221
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

@proudlyfromNJ   Thank you for telling me.  There was no mention in her post so how could I know?  Hopefully, she will go through the griefing period and get strength from her memories.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,036
Registered: ‎08-07-2013

I am very blessed I have a DH who loves and cares for about me and very important listens to me, and the feeling is the same on my end. I think that has to do with being good friends as well as being in love. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,036
Registered: ‎08-07-2013

@halfpint1 wrote:

The only break up we had was his death 3 years plus. And pets really help. My one cat likes sleeping in my bed.


I am so sorry for your loss. Animals are a good cure for what makes us sad, they are angels on four legs [paws] Godspeed! 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,792
Registered: ‎08-29-2010
@halfpint1 , your post is the most simple yet eloquent, honest, post I have read on these boards. 
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,924
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@halfpint1 

 

I know how you feel.  When I actually think about it, I still can’t believe that my husband is gone.

 

And you’re right—pets help a lot.

 

🙏🕊❤️

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,510
Registered: ‎10-27-2010

@KatCat1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   Thank you for telling me.  There was no mention in her post so how could I know?  Hopefully, she will go through the griefing period and get strength from her memories.


@KatCat1 

 

I didn’t understand the original post, either. Was it a divorce or a death? No clue. And I couldn’t figure out what she was asking, so I never replied. How are we to know?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,064
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

@LibbyAnnE wrote:

@KatCat1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   Thank you for telling me.  There was no mention in her post so how could I know?  Hopefully, she will go through the griefing period and get strength from her memories.


@KatCat1 

 

I didn’t understand the original post, either. Was it a divorce or a death? No clue. And I couldn’t figure out what she was asking, so I never replied. How are we to know?


@LibbyAnnE . I knew as I am familiar with the op’s posts. She is lonely and in her 80’s, so I cut her some slack. Hope I make it till then. I would also be lost without my husband.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,013
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@lovemygrands  I sure know what you mean.  We had a very good marriage and got along very well.  Minor disagreements, but not very often.  My DH passed  a few years ago and it is such a lonely life now.   For those that get annoyed at little things, think how it would be to have no one to talk to all day and in the evenings.  TV programs/ TV movies are no fun to watch alone.  Eating all meals alone.  Most days I don't even get a phone call.  Have no family except my children and they are very good, but have their own lives and work, etc.      I do drive and get out, but a lot of my lady friends now are several years older than I am and they have health issues (more than I do).  My married friends --don't see them often as they go out with their DH and travel a lot.    It sure is a different life now than the life we had as a couple.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,013
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@halfpint1  I sure agree with you about a pet.  I couldn't live alone without a dog.  My dog is a wonderful companion.   They are just so much company and I highly recommend a pet for someone living alone.