Esteemed Contributor

I went nuts alot when he was here. Now 3years later I am nuts that he isn't here.

Honored Contributor

So are you saying, "you couldn't live with him and now you can't live without him"?  My husband drives me nuts because he's so sensitive and I can be insensitive, that's putting it mildly.LOL That being said, he's used to it and so am I after 45 years of marriage. I would rather concentrate on the positive things we each have brought to the marriage not the negative things that get on our nerves. The only thing that would have ever been a deal breaker would be infidelity.

Honored Contributor

Re: husbands and marriage.

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1 I think of the song..don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone.I think you just gave me a wake up call to be a lot less critical and a lot more appreciative of the people in my life.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

You were blessed to have a husband who took care of everything and made your life easier.   Husbands like that are jewels, and are easily missed.   

Honored Contributor

My sweet DH died in February of 2010. I miss him every single day. Every. Day.

We had a few bumps along the way but nothing major.

Honored Contributor

That is absolutely normal.  When you live with someone there are bound to be times when you just grit your teeth!  That is true for any type of realtionship whether it be parents, children, friends, co workers, etc.  Anyone who says they never have had moments like that with their spouse or others is either lying, holding it all in trying to deny it or emotionless!!

Honored Contributor

I think that why we all need our own "ME" time.

I was always very independent and "me" time has been invaluable.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, thank you. A good reminder to chill out a bit and appreciate what we have. I'm sorry for your loss. My friend told me you never fully recover from the loss of a soul mate. Some days are just more bearable than others. But she soldiers on. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1   Obviously, there was something that made you break up and it had to be serious.  You have to learn to love yourself and be happy with yourself first, then find a man if you want one.  After my divorce, I did not care to be in another relationship.  I come and go as I please and I take care of me, no one else.  Oh, my cat.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@halfpint1   Obviously, there was something that made you break up and it had to be serious.  You have to learn to love yourself and be happy with yourself first, then find a man if you want one.  After my divorce, I did not care to be in another relationship.  I come and go as I please and I take care of me, no one else.  Oh, my cat.

@Katcat1.  Her husband passed away. She is lonely.