Re: how long have you been at your Job.

35 years this year.  

Esteemed Contributor

14 years.  About 25 in my field.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I have been with my current employer for 22 years;  I've had several different positions but all in the same division.  I agree, people move from job to job more often now.  They have to because in this day and age; the only way to make significantly more money money is to move to a different employer.  Also people today manage their careers in a way that we didn't in the past.  Sometimes people have no choice, if they want to get to the next level, they have leave.  

Honored Contributor

I look at it as having a career, not just a job.

The longest I ever stayed was seven years - average about four or five.

The last time I went to a new firm,  I increased my salary about 25%. 

I enjoyed changing companies and firms.  It was always my choice to move on.   

I'm retired now.  (I point that out because I'm not young - I'll be 70 this year.  So it's not only "millenials" or other young people who like changing jobs.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Occasional Contributor

I retired after 45 years last year. Only job I ever held. Very fortunate to have retired with a pension. From what I understand most large Companies don’t seem to offer that anymore. 

Frequent Contributor

This year marks my 25th year with the same district.  In six years, I can retire--not that I'm counting.Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

It has been 36 years this month.  Been with the same company since I graduated from college.  And will be with them until I retire.  I think this is becoming less and less common. 

Frequent Contributor

I worked almost 27 years with the WV DHHR office. I had to retire early due to health problems. I had a serious fall that resulted in 2 compression fractures the week before my 54th birthday. With my tenure, I could retire at 55, which is what I had to did. With the trauma of the fall, I started developing Fibromylgia and an array of auto-immune diseases. That's been 10 years ago. Although I have health issues, I love being retired. 

I knit or crochet all my Christmas presents. I make preemie sweaters and angel gowns for some of the NICU's in my state. I also make hats for infants for International Missions Outreach. It's a missionary organization in Haiti. They build and maintain churches, schools and feeding centers throughout the country. They also have a health clinic. 

Honored Contributor

Almost 6 years with current job, but 26 years with my past job, same field, different company!

Respected Contributor

I've been retired for almost 15 years, but my last teaching assignment lasted slightly less than 25 years.