Respected Contributor

Re: how long have you been at your Job.

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Right now I am almost 3 months into to my new vocation as a retiree.  Now this is the job I was meant to have Woman LOL

Isn't that great?!!!  That's happened to me twice late in life;  found "vocations" that I enjoyed more than my career.

"Discovery" makes life worth living.  Woman Very Happy

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

28 years and counting! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Right now I am almost 3 months into to my new vocation as a retiree.  Now this is the job I was meant to have Woman LOL

@Bird mama

congratulations-4.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Retired after 30 yrs and just recently went back to work. Today was my 3 week mark. 

Super Contributor

My job is part-time but I have been at this one for 16 years.  We have moved around so I change jobs when we move.  

Honored Contributor

18.5 years with my current company.

I see many people leave and come right back, so I am pretty sure I am making the right call by staying.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@tockerman

November will be 30 years for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I’m in my 18th year of my current job.

Honored Contributor

I've worked for my current employer for 9 years (never thought I'd work for the same company that long).  Although sometimes I'd like to pursue other opportunities, I just can't leave the benefits that my current employer offers.  I'm paid well, get to work from home full time (only occassionally do I have to go into the office), have the standard health, dental, vision, chiropractic, etc. benefits, plus I have a 401(k) that my employer matches 100% (up to 6% of my salary) PLUS a pension.  At retirement, my husband & I will have full medical, dental, etc. benefits.  It's hard to walk away from that.  Lastly, I love my job & my work, so quite frankly I have no incentive to leave.  Technically, I'm eligible for retirement in another 6-7 years, but I'll be too young.  As long as God, in his magnificent grace provides me this job and the health to get up and work every day, I'll work until I drop dead or am forced out...or maybe until 70.  Prior to this, the longest I was with an employer was 4 1/2 years.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

37 years with one employer. Saw so many people come and go. When I left, only a dozen people that were still working had been with the company longer than me (and it is a big company).

Yes....25 years at my last and final job.  I saw SO MANY people move on....get fired.....etc...and I  just stayed.....I liked it there! 🙂