Respected Contributor

Hi Selah, WaJa, Rowan and all. Having nothing but trouble on the Q today. Just know I read your posts and thank you for praying for my sister. She begins her twice monthly infusions again on Wednesday. They are meant to buy her a little more time with her family. Her balance issues are the result of the radiation. Don't know what their family is doing today.

Sunny's party is Saturday at her house which is a long way, but DD and I are planning on going. I think she says a few words, and may be walking alone now. Haven't seen her for a while. Got darling pix of both girls dressed in red/white/and blue.

HiLo, I don't know about your son's thyroid cancer, but it must be different from what my son and daughter have.

Am so sorry, and pray he recovers fully.

We did feel the earthquake. It was about 100 miles away from us, but we felt two rolling motions with a very brief pause between them. It's out in a much more desert area, and there were no fatalities that I know about. Minor injuries which usually occur when people run and lose their balance or something falls on them.

Enjoy this special day and stay well, one and all.

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

Snappy, thank God you and yours are all okay out there and suffered no property damages. Those rolling ones can be so dizzying. I saw on the news several houses went up in flames. I guess gas lines exploded nearer to the epicenter. A hospital had to be evacuated, many power lines and poles went down and one highway split in two. I believe they said it was near the China Lake region. Zero fatalities is the best news we could hope for! 

It's also good to know that Shirley's brain tumor hasn't  grown larger or spread. The imbalance problems due to radiation is troubling just the same. I pray she has no more falls. She should use a good walker or rollator at all times. Bless her soul. 🙏🏼

We also watched the president's “Salute to America” and found it very moving. Covered so much of our history as a nation and included civilian as well as military heroes. Our local PBS was having technical difficulties, so we couldn’t see “Capital Fourth.” Went out on the porch to enjoy the local fireworks later — off at a distance over the lake. 

I'll never understand why this website is plagued with issues nearly every time I sign in. Not having the vanishing posts right now, but when I clicked on to “Recently On Air” to learn more info on an item … that huge pop up for the Sweepstakes wouldn't close. I couldn’t see anything else and had to clean out my cookies and cache, reboot my tablet, return and sign in again. 🙄 Almost not worth the bother. 

Love it that you got pics of the girls in their red, white and blue! God-willing you will get there Saturday and hold them both. Best medicine in the world! 

My daughter in ND called us last night to wish us a happy 4th, and she sounded terrible. They've all been battling a summer cold. 

I was watching a bit of the gemstone show here from work today. Not that I need or want anything, but Rowan and I promised her son's fiancée, Harper that we would keep an eye out for appropriate bridesmaids gifts to be worn at the wedding. Nice, quality, classic earrings, rings or bracelets. I think we may do better at JTV, since she wants 14k-18k gold. 

Joy, since you like the goats milk products, there is a thread in Beauty that might interest you. A name and site that sells it at a better price, with higher quality and more variety according to many posters. I'm thinking of trying the laundry detergent. 

I also found in Fashion an adorable shorts outfit with a kimono that I ordered for my step granddaughter, who will visit next month. I called her first to get her measurements. She's growing so tall! Must have inherited that from Luke's side of the family. 

We have plenty leftovers for dinner tonight, but I'll add a fresh salad, since we're getting so many tender greens from our garden. 

99C9D182-721A-41D6-92A2-08112BEC7D4E.jpeg

Doesn’t that salad look divine? Bed of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes — halved, hard-boiled egg, shredded mozzarella cheese and some garlic croutons. It’d be even better with strawberries.

D77D7448-EBF8-434F-8BF6-A3B2F6E61826.png

Sending love 'til later. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Hi, friends - a blessed Sunday to all! 🕊

Sorry I'm late to wish you all a Happy Independence Day, but many are celebrating through the weekend, so cheers! 🥂God bless America - may He renew His faithful in Word and deed. I had the whole 4-days off from work, but Logan had to return on Friday. Our son, Nathan had a doubleheader that day and his dad had to miss it. He was thoroughly bummed. Mia and I went, with our lawn chairs with umbrellas and cooler. His team won one and lost the other. C'est la vie...

Joy, I'm totally addicted to your Strawberry Lemonade! I reduced the sugar to half a cup, and I’m even making popsicles with it, omitting the garnish. Try it - you'll like it! Yesterday I shared it with a poster on a thread in CC - “Your Favorite Summer...” I hope you don’t mind! Knowing you and your generous spirit, I felt you wouldn’t. How did the celebration for Jodi go last night? I would have loved to have been there - then watched B.B.'s spectacular fireworks. I agree with Rowan - best left to the professionals. With all the accidents with injuries - and now actual wars where groups fire them at one another...

2A65468A-0CAB-4737-BDD5-7AB7044E5CEE.gif

I think they'll soon be banned for any but those licensed pros. Would suit me fine.

I'm super thrilled for Lindsay, Kyan and your whole family on their decision to adopt a little girl! Gracie must be beside herself in glee!

Please extend my congrats to Jodi! She so earned that award. I've never known such a devoted vet, who never complains - it's her gift from above. The things she has to do with cows, horses, etc. and then pets, too... I could never, ever accomplish. Weak stomach, you know. Love all God's creatures, so I'm thankful there are those like herself who can!

I forgot to tell y'all that two days after we returned from KS-Fest, my SIL, Marian had to let go of their little dog, Buster. He lost his battle with cancer - his suffering is over, but her boys are taking it very hard. She's looking into adopting another small dog soon.

Agnes, your Jacob had me cracking up during our tours of the space center! When our guide (I just loved him - so witty and brilliant!) was explaining to us about the summer Taurids meteor showers happening in the daytime. We wouldn't see them, coming from the direction of the sun... unless it's huge, or maybe lands on you!

4CDC8DF1-1BFC-4325-AC7E-B4FC0863986C.gif

Jacob turned around to us super excited and said, “Did you hear that?! It could spell sudden doom. Mia, you better bring in all those patio plants you were telling me about!”

B057E2CA-421A-4942-9680-83A13EF0B3A1.jpeg

I saw our guide giggling, too - then gave Jacob the odds of that happening. I don’t think it persuaded him. Please tell me he didn’t brings his lambs in the house again - plus chickens! 😜

MsLomo - while we were on the Outer Banks, we briefly toured Roanoke Island and the Elizabethan gardens (gawjis!!) We had lunch at Big Al's - a throwback to the '50s experience, complete with Soda Fountain & Grill serving up authentic American fare in a retro fun dining atmosphere. There's a juke box - plays a lot of Elvis (cute would love that!), dance floor (Selah and Luke did the twist!), game room/arcade, one of the largest Coca-Cola memorabilia collections in the country, fresh never-frozen USDA certified Prime Angus burgers, home made desserts, '50s inspired gift-shop and blue-plate specials. We had trouble getting my mom and dad out of there!

I really thought of you at the Olde Town Creamery!

http://www.oldetownecreamery.com/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral

You can feast with your eyes, at least. This is where we toasted you ladies who couldn’t join us. 🤗

I don't know about dear Ruth Ann, but I'm really enjoying my Gentle Souls shoes! (In the floral print.) Wore them to church this morning, with a blush colored summer dress. I will add more to my wardrobe - including professional. I have donated several outfits and a few bags to the local Woman’s Shelter. Those ladies can wear them to interviews, and hopefully to their new jobs. Other than the Biltmore Village previously mentioned, I found some nice things for the family and me at good prices at a few of the outlets: J.Crew, American Eagle and Ann Taylor 😍. All the stores have websites where any of you ladies may want to check out the ongoing sales.

🙏🏻 Prayers continue for your hubby and your sweet self.

Trusted Contributor

My homemade ice cream maker just completed its final cycle. Have my Peaches and Cream ice cream in the freezer for tonight's dessert. 😋

Selah, thanks for the salad recipe! (You have a lil' lettuce in your teeth.) I think it would also be good with chopped green apple, walnuts and pomegranate vinaigrette. Too much garlic makes me burb. I don't have anymore strawberries on hand until tomorrow. Used them all up in the lemonade. 

How is your weather? It’s in the high 90s here - will continue through the week. Thunderstorms will likely brew. I would like to hope they'll be the nice, normal type that we enjoyed most evenings during KS-Fest, but here... you never can tell. Like what we got, with hail and destructive wind the day before we left. I was fearing our flight may be delayed to something similar or worse weather conditions. But no, TG. On the return flight though, air traffic controllers at DFW's TRACON had limited communications with inbound flights and were working to get the airplanes (including ours) on the ground, in advance of a rapidly moving line of thunderstorms. Uncertain what caused the radio interruptions. Round and round we went for about 2-hours. Just perfect for those such as me with flight phobia! I wanted to call Dr. Marcia to talk me through it. I wonder if some CBT could help me at my age. 

Thanks again to all who helped make our get-together so much fun! I'm sorry about your rowdy neighbors at the beach house. I would have called the non-emergency police. There's no sense in carrying on like idiots all night long. 

About Pure

Yes, I knew that was going to be the finale, but had heard months ago we'd get a S3. Now... not so sure. 😟 Look what I found on Bustle: 

Described as the Amish Breaking Bad, Pure's second season wraps up on July 2. It could also be the end of the show for good, but it's possible it could rise again for more episodes. After all, the Canadian show wasn't even supposed to get a second season and here we are. And, if Pure returns for Season 3, the creative team has a plan for six more episodes already mapped out.

Of course, the decision to renew doesn't lie solely with WGN. Perhaps Super Channel will commission more episodes and keep the series alive. If it does, Amo is ready with story ideas for six more episodes, according to City News. He hinted to the outlet that one story he wants to explore more is that of Noah’s son Isaac Funk. Amo said that, in Season 2, "You can see the burgeoning shoots of the bad@ss he's going to have to be in season three."

Now fans just have to hope there will be a Season 3 to see that journey come to life in. And that hopefully it won't take another two years to hit viewers' TV screens.”

Sorry for the tiny font - this site refuses to let me enlarge a c/p most of the time.

Please tell Nosh to not be embarrassed over his GF's behavior. At least she showed up! We all understand insecurity on display. Something in her life, and possibly in her DNA is torturing her. It's caused the covert narcissism. Here is a link that might help Rowan with what she seeks: 

Spoiler

I pray the GF is encouraged to seek the professional help she needs, rather Nosh decides to try to stick it out or not. She’s a physical beauty with no true need to feel so threatened by other women. I wonder what kind of relationship she had with her mother. Mommy Dearest

Dearest Lurky, I'm clinging to hope through faith that they'll be able to help Erin before the RA proceeds in impeding her life. You are one who never complains either, and always so genuinely gracious in reaching out to help and comfort others. So sweet of you to help those gentlemen with their sewing needs. You are my #2 Nan and I adore you. My #1 Nan will be needing a knee replacement soon. She has done so well with her two new hips. I hope this goes as well. Say a little prayer for her, please.

We didn't find time to make it to Moravian Falls this time. The kids had to see the WNC Nature Center. The 42-acre wildlife park features award-winning exhibits that are home to 60 species of wild, and domestic animals and hundreds of species of plants. It took a chunk of time! There will be a next time, and we'll visit your friend's shop. I love real, handmade quilts for the winter! Hope you had a nice time on the farm and got lots of loving from Smokey!

It's our Agnes who is the July baby. Don’t expect her to announce it. 😉 Humble pie! My birthday isn’t until Aug. I’ll be beginning my new position at the law firm prior to my BD. My office is being painted, some lights replaced and then I can decorate it to my taste. 

Be good to yourself! 💗

Trusted Contributor

Steak & Chicken Kabobs

DFE678D2-5092-4F90-BA9B-3D7F8142F87B.jpeg

Ingredients
* 1 lb. steak
* 2-3 chicken breasts
* 10-15 cherry tomatoes
* 1 red bell pepper chunk
* 1 green bell pepper chunk
* 1 red onion chunk
* 1/2 bottle Low Sodium Dale Sauce

Instructions
* Using 2 gallon ziploc bags place chicken in one and steak in another.

* Pour dale sauce into ziploc bags ensuring to coat each piece of meat, seal the bag and place in fridge to marinate overnight.

* Two to four hours before you are going to grill make your kabobs. Using a skewer place green pepper, onion, cherry tomato, red bell pepper until there’s no room left on the kabob.

* Place veggie kabobs in a baking dish and pour dale sauce over the top, refrigerate.

* Turn your grill on and let it heat up.

* While you are waiting for the grill to heat up place chicken and steaks on kabobs.

* Grill until meat is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are charred a bit.

Trusted Contributor

Those are what Logan is grilling up for dinner. I'm making the salad and hot rolls. I have to say that I prefer Marcia's Lime Chicken kabobs, but not everyone likes lime, so here's an alternative. If you have trouble finding the Dale Sauce, that flavors and tenderizes, Amazon carries it. 

Snappy, since you felt the 6.4 (foreshock): I'm sure you felt the 7.1, too. My sisters in Santa Barbara had some rocking and rolling - terrified kids and pets, but thankfully no injuries or property damages. Other than some items that fell from the shelves in my oldest sister’s boutique. I prayed for you and your family, also Issy and her loved ones. I hope the worst has passed. That that was the main event. 

Were you able to attend Sunny’s birthday bash? Hope so and that it wasn’t too tiring for you - the long drive and all. I'm anxious to hear what Star told you about the new baby sister. 😇 

Great that you actually got to enjoy your apricots this year! I love them, too, and the jam - haven’t learned to make it yet. Seems quite intimidating to me. In this scorching heat - close to 100°, I've had to bring in many of my plants. Fruit, vegetable and flowers. I've picked all of the blue berries and we enjoy them in many things - or all by themselves. This morning I put them in the pancakes. Yum! 😋 They were bursting with flavor and so much juice, that we didn’t need any syrup. 

Prayers still going up for your condition and for Shirley. May miracles come down. 🙏🏻 It's all in His hands, but as Jesus said, “keep on asking.” Sometimes He answers with, “wait in faith,” or “no, I have a much better plan for him or her - trust me.” But sometimes He answers, “yes, to my Father's glory they will be healed.”

We're trying to comfort our two nephews who just lost their little dog to cancer. Very hard to do - we have to wait and give them time and space to grieve. He was their faithful companion even before they lost their father in the Afghanistan war. He survived the flood that consumed their home in Houston, thanks to them. Like a tiny brother to them. I hate this, but I understand that losing beloved pets helps to prepare them for the inevitable first death process for everyone. Thanks to Jesus, we won't ever have to fear the second death, unless we choose that for ourselves. 

I teared up when you said that Shirley’s son is reaching out to her. I hope he finds the strength to visit her. I have seen the sad impacts my youngest sister's alienation has had on my parents, my other 2 sisters and me. With no contact from her within the cult... it feels as though she's dead to us. My mother still has nightmares that she's dead or dying - calling out to her. I can’t understand how my sweet baby sister could do this. Brainwashing is a powerful thing. 😢 Utterly evil. 

Love to you - be good to yourself. 

Hilo, I've heard the latest via Joy and I thank you for the update. ❤️ This way is just fine - you have so much to do, and I hope you are resting every chance you get. You know, of course, that we'll continue to pray for Rob - on through his healing and his next phase of treatment. He's in the best of care: our merciful Lord's, his devoted family and his excellent medical team. Love and hugs to you! 

Hi, Issy, Gloria, cute, Marcia, bathina, Agnes and All! Hope to hear from y'all soon - when you have time to visit. 💗

Trusted Contributor

Hello, dear friends from a rainy PA. Expecting some severe storms later, so thought I should check in now. Have a Memorial Service to attend this evening after dinner. Small, here at our Chapel. The tiny widow who had lost her husband so suddenly, passed away in  her sleep. Best way to go, imo, but sad nonetheless. She was apparently not meeting her nutritional needs. Had withdrawn from everything and everyone, including her doctors. Her primary physician had called her family contact- a niece, but she couldn’t get anywhere with her either. Many here had tried, including taking meal trays to her. Just lost her will to live. It's good we have Wellness Checks by phone and door knockers. They discovered she had passed by 9:00 am on Monday and her family were contacted to make their arrangements. 

Hi, @MsLomo! I hope your husband is doing as well as can be expected with no more falls. 🙏 

I don't yet have any Gentle Souls shoes, but may have to look into where I can find them to try on. You and a couple of others here have sold me on their support and comfort, and as it turns out.. I no longer believe I have shoes to match my new dress for Gwen's wedding. My SIL explained that they want coordinated photos of the families who can attend. I let her pick my dress after trying on 3. She has good taste in formal wear and I wouldn’t want to disappoint the happy couple. It's a pearl pink- lovely. Needed some slight alterations in the shoulder area. Should I wear nude colored shoes with the pale pink? I'm sure I'll never correctly match the pink of the dress with shoes. I'm going back to The Walking Company soon. I'll ask them if they carry Gentle Souls. Such good service there. I have black, brown and medium beige dressy shoes of other brands from there. Thought I was set, but I fear not. That's me for you! 😜 

I hope you've rested up and can check back in with us soon. 

Hi, @Rowan72! You have me salivating with the squash recipe! When spending the long holiday weekend at Tom's- they had a cookout: steaks, burgers and franks.. about all I wanted was vegetable sides. Or even raw tomatoes and cucumbers. I did have a beef patty with no bun- just a little mustard and onion slice. I fed a plain one to Smokey which he sure enjoyed! 

I spoke about my dress above to MsLomo and will send you ladies a photo of me and the bride and groom. Sending the cards via my address is just fine- TIA. Such a thoughtful group of friends you are. I think, after Gwen showed me her dorm room, once it was all repaired.. I might go with a good set of pots and pans. What is the very nice type that some of you ladies purchased? I should take notes.. If not those, a nice set through BB&B. Or a Bunn coffee brewer. Steve loves his bold, regular drip-brewed coffee every morning. They will most appreciate the practical gifts, as they set up house together. The house they're still looking for. I hope they find one in time! If not they'll have to rent first.

Thanks to you and everyone who sent me the photo prints from KS-Fest! Can’t belive how much the children have grown. Some of those locations are breathtaking. I especially enjoy the ones from the Elizabethan Gardens- gawjis, as @Q-Anu puts it. Of course everything from The Cove holds very special meaning to me. I'm going to get some frames to display some, and dear @WaJa61 /Joy sent me a new photo album to store the rest in. I'm still working on it. Want no finger prints left when sharing with my friends, family and neighbors. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Issy379- always a pleasure to hear from you! I spent 4 days at Tom's and enjoyed many special times with Smokey. He's such a character and has learned to be quite the charmer- when he wants something. His latest trick: he coyly allures Tom into letting him get in his truck, knowing if he's well-behaved, he'll get his own milkshake! 

36E38A06-6641-4E28-8654-5E24250822F2.jpeg

Have you ever? 😅 Tom's grandson took the photo. It looks like ol' Smokey gave himself brain-freeze by slurping it down too quickly! 

I found he wouldn't let me brush him until he was already sleepy, so I did so during his nap times. Enough loose hair came out to cover another cat his size! Like dear, @snappyfrappy- I would enjoy the brushing most anytime at all, but I guess he has to stay vigilant most of the time. Guardian of the Realm. 😉 

Take care, dear and come back soon. I hope you experienced few, if any very mild rumbles from the earthquake.

Hi there, @WaJa61 /dear Joy. Thank you for letting us know of Angel and her family’s loss of her father. What a shock! Out walking for his health, no doubt, when suddenly struck down. I wonder if the driver stopped. My deepest condolences to the whole family, and I too will pray for them. 

I will check out the Beekman line, as well as this other one @SelahG speaks of.. if I can find it. Some topics go by so fast- there have been many of interest lately. Good to see, since it seemed the forums were dying off for a while. A good way to keep my mind active on those days my pain limits my movements. 

Thanks too for keeping us updated on @HiLo's son and for sharing this info on the treatment to come. It sounds very encouraging and I'm grateful that the surgery is behind him, and that he's doing well with his recovery thus far. God be with him throughout the entire process. 🙏

When I saw the current path that tropical storm, Barry is taking, I immediately thought of her daughter and family in LA. Already suffering flash flooding, and Barry is becoming a hurricane that will impact many. Currently it looks like it will head up through LA, clip eastern TX, MS, AL, AR, TN, KY, MO and OH before hopefully dying out. Wish it would do so now- there is still flooding along parts of the Mississippi River. A slow mover with high winds, dumping tons of rain on already wet or flooded soil. Prayers for all in the path- we'll likely get more rain, at the least. 

Hi, @snappyfrappy! Thought of you when that terrible 7.1 quake struck- prayed and hoped you only felt mild aftershocks again, since you said you were located pretty far from the epicenter. This planet is anything but dull. 

I'm amazed too that so many young moms are getting rid of the baby clothes, if they plan on more children. I kept a few of Angela's special gowns and dresses, even though I planned on no more. I guess since so many have baby showers for each one, they figure on receiving everything the next ones will need. We didn’t do that in my younger years. Only for the first child. A few gifts from family members, especially if we knew there was a need, for those that followed. Well, your little darlings will be well covered! 💗💗💗 

So relieved that Shirely's scan showed no new lesions- no further metastasis from the one, or growth either. Shrinking! That's wonderful news- I continue to pray for more of that. Yes, the steroids cause most people severe problems in time, so I hope weaning her off of those will help with some of her symptoms, too. 🙏

Glad you and DD had a nice, quiet 4th and that most of the painting is done, too. You both need and deserve some relaxation- definitely to “just be.” I have those days, too.. Gert calls them “mental health days,” I guess that sums it up best, but I physically require them, too. It's a good thing I have gentle hobbies to occupy my mind. But sometimes I even have to lay those aside for a bit. There are things I look so forward to like the upcoming wedding, but I also dread the pain I'll suffer for several days thereafter. Completely empathize with you, dear friend. Did you and DD attend Sunny's party? I hope you got those wonderful hugs! 🤗 I'm sending you one, too. 

Trusted Contributor

@SelahG- love that emoticon with the spinach in his teeth! 😁 You do find the best ones, and I will copy that to my folder. I've already had my chef's salad, got myself groomed and dressed, and will head to the Memorial Service shortly. 

Be on the lookout for these severe storms tonight- I know they especially frighten your aunt since their last home was flooded. A wide swath they're cutting here in the east. We're getting another now. 

I hope your ND daughter and family are feeling much better by now! 🙏

@Q-Anu, what a sweetheart you are! 💗 You'll always be my special “granddaughter,” and please thank, precious Mia for my vacation gift package. Such unique items she chooses each time! I wore my lovely shell necklace and earrings to church last Sunday and received so many compliments. I was surprised that many ladies here have never even heard of the OBX. 

Thank you, too, for letting me know and explaining why you all didn’t make it to my friend's quilt shop. Of course that would bore the children stiff! I thought some of you ladies might branch off to visit while the dads took the children on adventures. There's always next time, God-willing. 

Are you enjoying your hiatus until you rise up into your next position? Make the most of it! Your homemade peaches and cream ice cream sounds delicious. 😋

I'm so sorry about the passing of Marian's little dog- so hard for her and the boys. I hope it causes her no setback. One kind of grief can trigger another. I'll pray for them. Naturally for your #1 Nan's surgery, too. Thank you and all here for remembering young Erin. I have no more news to share yet, but will keep you updated as I hear anything. 

Oh, duh! 😖 Why do I always confuse your and Agnes' birthdays? Must be the “As,” but that is no excuse. Forgive an old woman, please.

Must get rolling now ladies. Will check back in a week or two, as usual. ❤️

With Love,

Ruth Ann  

Trusted Contributor

Hello, Lovely Ladies! Really enjoyed catching up ... all of your newsy posts. Love them.

Oh my, the Olde Town Creamery!!! Right up my alley. Visual feast. I mentally "ate" everything on that page and then felt kind of full. (Uh, sure. Ha! It took a lot of strength not to jump in the car and head to Dairy Queen for a dipped vanilla cone!)

Spoiler
Cat Tongue DQ is closed now. We're going tomorrow!

@Q-Anu, yes to the nude shoes to go with the pink dress! A pale shade will look wonderful. Would love to see that dress. "Gentle Souls by Kenneth Cole" used to be easier to find, and they had leather soles (not rubber) ... but like a lot of other things, manufacturing and leather quality, etc., have changed, and they're also harder to find (and expensive). I sometimes find them on Amazon, but the best way is to Google "Gentle Souls Women's Shoes," and you'll find them at Kenneth Cole, Nordstrom, Zappos, Macy's; I once found a pair on Evine and on QVC (unless I dreamed that, but I don't think so).

RUTH ANN, so glad you are enjoying the print ones. I think they're beautiful. I really like my two pairs of NAOT Mermaid sandals: one in black and one in tan.

Speaking of dreams: Snappy, I think Marcia and others here would know a lot more than I do about this: A therapist friend told me some years ago that everyone who appears in your dreams is YOU. I was surprised by this, and I find it very interesting. So, when you said, "I dream about hubby frequently, and he's not at all like he was in real life here," I thought (1) that was an expression of your "separation adjustment" over time, and/or (2) that it's you who have changed/been transformed. I also read that "a dream is like a letter to yourself." When I wake up, I try to figure out what I was telling myself. It's very satisfying (even if I may be completely wrong about this!).

Issy, I saw a finale of the Great British Baking Show, and the first episode of a new season, and I thought of you! I also thought of Cute t, because they had to make an upside-down cake! I thought Cute t would win that one with her Apricot Upside-Down Cake.

While I was watching the show, I couldn't stand it any longer and got up and made a delicious batch of shortbread. I find it very difficult to just sit there and watch that show without having to make OR EAT something.

The participants are so talented. The judges Mary and Paul are tough. I do wonder how they can taste one bite after another of the rich, delicious cakes without suddenly exclaiming after the fourth one, "Gah! I've had enough! Get this out of my sight!"

It reminds me of long ago when one of my sisters and I would make Tollhouse cookies and eat a lot of the batter, and at some point we'd suddenly turn green and need to sit down.

I wish you all a nice relaxing weekend. Heart

Spoiler
Cat Happy Don't forget Dairy Queen! I want to be there when it opens tomorrow!