Trusted Contributor

@NAES1 — I was merely responding to your posts to me here recently on this thread since I last visited, pertaining to your appearances, etc. (the quoting bothers some here.)  Reassuring you that from MY own perspectives, I would never judge your or anyone's worth on those or other superficial things. Nor earned achievements, etc. It seems we are in agreement — on the same page there. Wasn’t looking for any type of apology from you. . . Cannot imagine for what reason you may believe I was. I was simply sharing something of my own personal value system with you, since we are still becoming acquainted, and you said that I would perhaps view you as another type of person entirely, were I to see you. I wouldn’t judge or attempt to characterize you one way or another on sight. 

No harm done, nor intended by me. Thank you for being here, too — for everyone. 

May God's peace and discernment through grace continue to bless you all the days of your life — into Eternity. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

@MsLomo  ❤️

@snappyfrappy  ❤️

My heart goes out to both of you through this difficult and painful time. Wish I could give you both hugs in person right now. I'm praying in full faith for healing. 

The emotional kind, too, between Shirley and her estranged son. What a blessing that would be for the both of them. 

May this time appointed as thanksgiving in our nation reveal the peace of humble gratitude to all of our hearts. I want to take this quiet moment before guests arrive to thank each of you "hello"  ladies for your love, concern, prayers, laughter and companionship over the years. I'm blessed to call you each a friend - you are deeply and uniquely appreciated. 

-Rowan ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Hello Delaney and so Good to see you on here !! and Hoping you our doing Good.. It's like O Home week seeing you.. Hoping YOU will not be a Stranger here.. i'm not on here as much as i use to be, but i'm pretty Boring.. i don't Shop that much anymore, as when you get in your 70's and 80's my Hubby and I need nothing.. But We our Good.. My Hubby and I our Spending Thanksgiving here at Home, we were Invited out to our Grandchildrens but we Always Spend Thanksgiving here at home.. Tomorrow My hubby will put up our Christmas Tree and the santa on the Roof Top and i will put up our " Harley Motorcycle " and the " Corvette " !! the usual items.. Our Park here as already got the CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS up and LIT Up.. !!

Well i shall Sign Off !! Wishing All of YOU a Super THANKSGIVING !!

Our Little Great Granddaughter is " 4 " Tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day.. we won't be going ther as they live in another State..and it's in the 30's here as to cold to be out on the Highways.. We did have SUNSHINE today but BBBRRR  COLD..

Good Night and HAPPY THANKSGIVING..

Trusted Contributor

Snappy and MsLomo, my Heart goes out to you Snappy about your Sister, and Sending Prayers.. MsLoMo so glad to read your post as well.. hoping All of YOU have a Wonderful Thanksgiving !! this O Great Granny is Sleeping in tomorrow !! i gotta tell that to "Lucky"

.. WOW !! can you Believe it's Thanksgiving already.. tomorrow our Little Great Granddaughter will be "4" !!!!  we won't be going their as they live out of State..

Well i shall sign off and i'm Counting Blessings for all of you being here.. Yes Snappy i hear you about the Computer Screen and our eyes.. May God be with all of YOU..

Good Night !!! and HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!

Trusted Contributor

Cute t--HELLO! Made my night seeing you here, dear friend, as I am still Christmas shopping online and have been missing you so much. There is nothing--NOTHING--boring about you!! Your kind heart and zest for life is absolutely infectious. This thread is definitely not the same without you and your heartwarming descriptions of daily life there in your beautiful hometown. Like a balm to the soul, you are! I understand, though that too much screen time is hard on the eyes and it can be difficult posting here. PLEASE continue to check in as often as makes you happy. 😊 We will keep the light on for you!

So glad that you and your precious family are doing well, and Happy 4th Birthday to your great-granddaughter! 🎂 So cool to be born on Thanksgiving Day and I know she is a blessing to the whole family. How time flies and they grow up so quickly. 

Harley Davidson and Corvette decorations--😍--my husband would love those!! Wish I could see it all and the park all lit up. I can imagine it and you there rejoicing in decking the halls. I hope Lucky gets the message and let's you sleep in tomorrow. Might have to bribe him with a special snack from your feast. Our dog, Dexter will be nosing around the kitchens now through New Year's. . . with those pleading, melt your heart stares. ☺️

Cold here, too with flurries. I toast you with cocoa ☕️☕️ and wish you and yours a Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving Day! ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Yay - cute is here! 🤗 Have been wondering how and where you are. Thanks for stopping by to chat. No shopping required! We are staying home for Thanksgiving, too and I hope I’ll feel up to cooking.....sure still not feeling up to much eating - or chewing yet. May just have some puréed vegetable soup while my gum continues to heal from surgery. I would welcome some cooler temps - especially some of DeLaney's snow - here in TX. Of course we got even less when living in CA and that's maybe why I tend to romanticize it. Do love to ice skate, though!

We're just having my widowed SIL, her two boys and Frank (a senior flood evacuatee from Houston) joining us for dinner. So with hubby, our two children and moi, that makes an even 8. Not too overwhelming, but enough to set the table with the nicer china for. Our daughter created a beautiful centerpiece with flameless candles, waxed colorful leaves and a few tiny pine cones. She is turning into quite the little hostess! Couldn’t tell you where she gets it, unless from my Nan. She will play piano for us after dinner - and the Dog Show, natch! I generally like to volunteer in the local soup kitchen earlier in the day, but just not up to it this year. My husband will be there until 2:00 pm.

We are supposed to do our limited Christmas decorating this weekend. Limited since tentatively we'll be in CA Christmas week with our families. Have fun, cute. I know it will all be beautiful!

Wishing you all a nice Thanksgiving Day and for those of you here who are suffering or struggling with the suffering of loved ones, and mourning losses....my heartfelt prayers are with you. 🙏

Love,
Anu

Trusted Contributor

So happy to see you here, cute t! Happy Birthday to your little GGD! Don't blame you for not traveling today. It's crisp here, too. Will likely not make 40° so I'm staying in- in or near the kitchen where it's warm. My old bones like it, but the scents in the air have my tummy rumbling. Enjoy your decorating! 

Snappy, I know you're having a wonderful time at your daughter's holding, talking and singing to your GGD. I'm sorry that Shirley must have chemo and radiation, in addition to surgery. I pray she gets encouraging news at her appointment tomorrow. 

Thank you all for the loving and uplifting posts. What a wonderful group of ladies you are and I thank you each for being my friend. 

For MsLomo, Issy, Snappy, cute t, Dawn, NAES, Hilo, WaJa, DeLaney, Selah, Rowan, Anu, Agnes, Bathina, CouponQueen and all who may drop by:

image.jpg

With love from Ruth Ann down on the farm ❤️

Respected Contributor

Happy Black Friday (I hope my tongue doesn't get permanently stuck in my cheek, as I say this.) Any of you ladies braving stores today? My daughter and both DiLs are... They made a pact to each complete all their shopping by this evening. I wish them lots of luck and pray for their safety (and sanity) as I sit here ~ happy as a lark ~ to eat a toasted turkey sandwich and keep my eye on the grandkids. That is excitement enough for me, thanks! 😜 I only have stocking stuffers to buy now anyway... and whatever goodies I find in Ireland. I understand via DeLaney that it takes a long time to ship things back to the states from the shops there, so... maybe I'll store them in my "gift closet" for birthdays. 😉

Cute t ~ if you are boring (bah, you're not!) than I am doubly so. I always look to be inspired by your energy and passion. We are all  just living very ordinary lives... I almost said "normal," but that's relative, isn't it? ☺️ I hope your great-granddaughter had a super happy 4th birthday! That is such a sweet and fascinating age as their little personalities really begin to take shape in very expressive ways. I'm putting our tree up tonight. Between Gracie's kitty, Ms Sophie and baby Jax who is 8 months old and beginning to practice walk... I need some kind of child/pet safe security system to guard the tree, and the presents once I get them wrapped and placed around it. I love to go look at the Christmas lights in the parks, too! Really puts me in the spirit. Glad that you and your family are well ~ keep warm, enjoy the season and please don't ever change! ❤️

MsLomo your unwavering love for your family, and friends here  during this stressful time for your own personal health is so beautiful to behold. You remind us to take stock of all those truly special things that matter most. You probably don't see yourself as brave right now, but I do. You are ~ you carry on with such grace and collective wisdom through fear. That is the best anyone can do, this side of Heaven. I pray the Lord comforts you during your darkest hours, and strengthens you throughout the process of your healing. Safe travels and tender blessings to you through the season and always.❤️

Dear Snappy, the diagnosis for your sister Shirley is exactly as you have described, "awful." No denying... I'm so encouraged to know she is a fighter and above all, a believer, since the battle will require both a strong will and deep faith. I am praying daily as so many others and I hope the treatment plans she hears (so far) today will be both promising and not too overwhelming. I understand your fears... I know I told you years ago how my mother suffered this very thing ~ with Parkinson's. One of her brothers preceded her with colorectal cancer that invaded the blood and lymph nodes. But, the remaining seven siblings didn't, or haven't yet. Cancer like most things seems to strike randomly within families. While your heart is heavy for Shirley, please try to resist the all too human urge to over-empathize. I struggle with that tendency myself and it can only work against us and our health. Can't help those we are trying to support through their suffering. We know Christ can and I'm depending on Him to see Shirley and your family through this storm safely, as I thank and praise Him. Hugs to (((you))) dear friend. Rest those peepers! No need to reply, unless you want to. ❤️

A safe and blessed weekend to all our friends here.

~Joy 💜

Respected Contributor

Hi Selah, I hope your get togethers yesterday were wonderful. Thank you for being interested in my sister and for your prayers. She said she had a good time with one of her girls and other family members and wasn't depressed. I know that sometime today she sees the oncologist for his or her plan for her treatments.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Dear MsLomo, there is so much wisdom in your post. Such poignant thoughts and sggestions. I know this is hitting you right where you are living, and I hope it's not adding pain to your already tender heart.

If we are smart, we know that lots of what we read on line isn't true, but we are also driven to try to get information our doctors don't tell us, or at least not as soon as we would like.

Shirley has Kaiser, so I don't know if she can get a second opinion about treatment, but I think she feels good about the fact that a team has studied her case and come up with a plan for her. She sees that doc sometime today, or maybue she already did. I haven't heard from her since last night.

My grandmother had this type of cancer, but grandpa and their kids all decided not to tell her, so we couldn't talk with her at all about it, therefore leaving all manner of things unsaid or unasked. But I think she knew. She left a little box with my name on it and a blue necklace inside. Costume jewelry, but it let me know she knew what was happening. She didn't believe in doctors or even the reality of illness, so she just suffered without telling anyone until almost the end when she couldn't hide the pain any longer. They could have helped her.

I know you will be here for many years to come, but it's never too early to write notes and keep journals and let our loved ones know what they mean to us, and also to put right anything we feel is wrong between us. And for me, I know that I'll spend eternity with my Lord and that's the really imporant thing. All else is temporal and corruptible.

I'm ready in that sense, but I do want to spend as much time as possible with DD and the family. Still, our times are in His hands..

You are a wonderful person, thank you for being here,

snappy Heart