Trusted Contributor

Hello MsLoMo , so so happy to read the posts from all of you and Dawn 01 so happy she stopped by , the wonderful memories here and from over their.. Hoping you our doing good and your family.. weather perfect here and looking more like fall all of the time..

well i shall sign off and start cleaning house.. i will chat later..

Respected Contributor

Hi Dawn...aka BASSETBABE....we would know you anwhere. SO good to have you with us anytime. I'm sorry to hear that you are having health issues. Hope you are getting good care and will be better. I'm 83 now. How did that happen? Thank you for your prayers. God is so good.

Yes, it's an enormous blessing to have DD here with me. Or rather I'm with her now.

She is not far away from being able to retire. I've asked the Lord to let me live long enough so she can work until she gets her maximum benefits. That would be this year and one more. This year she is teaching K again and it's a gift from the Lord. The last few years have been very hard. She has a mostly sweet bunch this year and they only have half day, so the morning is 15 kids and the afternoon 10. They overlap for a little more than an hour in midday, but it's so much less stress. She worries about leaving me alone.

There are days like today when I'm not sure footed enough to shower, and she knows that.

Issy will be here and so will cute. Sometimes they are busy with other things, but they are just the same, so dear and will LOVE to reconnect with you. Nobody cares what color type you use. Our NAES does that also. She is an amazing woman whom you will get to know if you are here much.

DD and I had the kitchen and family room gutted and redone this summer. It wasn't easy, but I knew it had to be done and that she wouldn't have the heart to do it if something happens to me. One day she will want to sell and this will make the house much more saleable. It's just beautiful, at least we think so. Four years ago we did the bathrooms.

It is hard to think it's been 7 years since hubby went Home. October 17, 2010.

Truth to tell, he's everywhere we look around here and he will always be in our memories and hearts and I know I'll see him again. It makes me happy as I said that his last name is going on another generation. My GD and her hubby are trying for a baby too, but nothing so far. Of course she has a different last name now. We really like her hubby.

I do mean it that I hope your health improves and that maybe your hubby can work less. Is he anywhere near retireent? Take care of yourself, and know you are welcome here anytime.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, I didn't know it was Funfest time, but I can see now why you weren't here for a little while. Glad it was fun even though as you say, the storms kept many from coming.

It's so great to have Dawn back. So sorry they lost their bassets. Taking on a pet is a commitment of years and sometimes we just can't do that. And as she said, losing them is so painful. You know about that all too well.

My sister's son who has Down's is having a cataract removed in about 2 hours. They are going to sedate him. He'll have the other one done next week. I pray for him that it will be a complete success and he won't be fearful.

I'm eager to see my regular doc on Thursday and talk with him about all the cardiologist has said and done. My blood pressure is up since she took me off a beta blocker and put me on another one, but maybe she can increase the dose.

We are planning a family birthday get together for next month for the fall birthdays, so at least then maybe I can get to hold the babya nd give her some love. Maybe I'll just keep her here...ha.

Enjoy your day,

snappy Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Hi BassettBabe......what a wonderful surprise.  Thank you for stopping by.  We have all missed you very much.  I am so sorry to hear about your fur babies.  Yes, we had a great time all together, and I do think about the ladies "over there" all of the time.  

I have been busy, but I will always stay in touch with the ladies.  I do hope that you come back for a chat real soon.  Take care, dear lady.

Valued Contributor

Hey MsLomo......how are you, girl?  I am totally exhausted.  After work yesterday, Simone took me to an estate sale.  Apparently, the lady was a "shopper".  Her home was packed full of beautiful things.  She loved clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry & perfume.  

Guess what?  I purchased 25 full bottles of perfume for $120 (some 3.4 to 6 oz. size).  I snagged----Elizabeth Taylor's Passion, Oscar de la Renta, Calvin Klein, Boucheron, Elizabeth Arden, Trouble, Jessica McClintock, Hugo, Ana Karenina, Betsey Johnson, Givenchy, Chanel 22, Fendi, Armani.  The list goes on and on.  I also purchased 17 pairs of beautiful clip-on earrings, and 2 brooches.  

Needless to say, I will be smelling good for a very long time.  All in all, it was quite a "haul".  I am wearing Elizabeth Arden today.  

So, what else is new?

Valued Contributor

Hi Cute; good to see you here.  I had forgotten all about the FUNFEST.  It sure goes by fast when you are having a good time.  

Cute, you would have gone crazy at the estate sale.  This lady had soooo many beautiful things, and I told the daughter that all of the jewelry would go to a good home, mainly me.  

Any plans for the weekend?  See you later.

Valued Contributor

Hi Cute; good to see you here.  I had forgotten all about the FUNFEST.  It sure goes by fast when you are having a good time.  

Cute, you would have gone crazy at the estate sale.  This lady had soooo many beautiful things, and I told the daughter that all of the jewelry would go to a good home, mainly me.  

Any plans for the weekend?  See you later.

Valued Contributor

Hi Snappy Lady.  How are you doing today?  As you can see, I am exhausted from the estate sale.  The lady's daughter and I hit it off immediately.  Her mother passed away in May 2017.  So, things are still fresh in her mind.  So sad.....

On a lighter note, I am happy that DD#2 has a better class this year.  It won't be long before she can retire with full benefits.  She is such a sweet person, and I understand her concern and consideration for you.  I know that she is looking forward to it; she deserves the best.

Take care.  I shall return.

Trusted Contributor

Dawn, it is so wonderful to see you here. I hope you will come back VERY SOON. I went to HSN to try to find you, but I didn't know what thread to choose. I tried one -- I think Sheba's "Conversations" -- but I didn't see you. Where can I find you? And do you know what happened to DubuqueRams? I tried to find her, too, a couple of months ago, and she hadn't posted for some time (unless I am mistaken). She used to post a lot, every day I think. (I confess that I think the "new" forum over there is pretty bad! I don't think I'm alone in that assessment! lol)

Issy, you are something else. I can't believe you got all of those clip earrings and perfume! @NAES is going to wish she had gone with you when she reads about this. (Dawn, FYI Issy and NAES love perfume.) I'm sure the lady's daughter gravitated to you immediately because she recognized her dear departed mother's kindred spirit! Did Simone pick up some things, too? (Maybe she could resell them at her shop?) 

Cute t, I can't believe we didn't remember that it was FUNFEST time. Glad you had a good time. It's sad that so many people have been affected by bad weather lately. There is a lot going on in the world, and I think everyone's head is spinning.

Snappy, are you continuing to feel enough energy to stand for a bit every day? I sure hope so! It will be interesting to hear what the doc says. I am also wondering what DD thinks about the Life Alert-type of alert systems. And how is DD#1's shoulder ... does she still have to wear the brace? So, next month you will see your precious great-grand again! Do you identify yourself as "GiGi" (Great Grandma) when you talk to her? I personally think you should hold her the entire get-together ... no sharing since you had to wait so long to see her again!!! HUMPH!!!

Hi to NAES ... hope you are feeling good. Did you ever find a piece of top sirloin to make some stew or pot roast? I think chuck tastes better because it has more fat in it (and fat = flavor), but some people do not want fat in their diets. 

Spoiler
My name is MsLomo, and I like fat! I eat the broiled, crackling fat that DH discards from his pork chops because he doesn't want it! Yay!! Woman LOL

Hi to everyone who reads and posts here.  Heart

Valued Contributor

Hey MsLomo.......I love the crackling fat around the pork chops, too.  I was talking about that on Monday with a friend!  Too funny.

The Story---Simone's neighbor mentioned an estate sale on this past Sunday--so Simone stopped by and stayed for 4 hours.  She purchased some perfume--Chanel No. 5, Coco, Chanel 22, Amani & Fendi and a few dresses.  So, she gave me a beautiful duster set that she had purchased at the sale.  On Tuesday, we went back to the home.  That is when I met the daughter, and the daughter said that I remind her so much of her mother--with the red lipstick, hair, clothes, etc..  She said that her mother was such a lady.

Simone also talked to her that evening, and she said that the daughter was "over the moon to meet you".  I was very touched because I understood the situation very well./

We may go back this weekend.  There was sooooo much to see.  I will be back later