Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday: 7-25-'17

Snappy I have been thinking of you throughout the day and honestly did not think you would be here until the echo testing, along with the holter read out is completed. I do realize how much of an interruption everything is. The holter would bother me, especially with the weather being so cumbersome while the temperature is very hot....not forgetting the clutter of hammers and strange sounds coming from two room from your home, also.  I wanted you to know that I believe you are doing better than me if I were in the same situation.

Since I am slowly typing I assume everyone knows what these two tests are for, but remembered you wanted to go through this to 'make doctor happy'. 

I hope that you are able to rest as comfortable as possible under the circumstances, definitely get some needed sleep.

I will close off for now -wait until later when you are more at ease.

**I am glad that @MsLomo explained about the new holter that usually takes up 24 and over/ those that can be removed for a short period of time**.

I will talk to you when we are all together soon. I am leaning more to EZ cooking that MsLomo is explaining. 

loving your posts, always. Heart~

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, thank you for your oh so entertaining post! And your permission to
"reward" myself is greatly appreciated. A scarf? I think not! Last night DD went to Subway and also brought me a bos of...get ready....Good and Plenty, which I devoured for sure.

And, on the way home from the echo and getting the Holter Monitor, DD#1 found her car taking us through the *bucks, so hey,  I got a venti mocha coconut machiado...spelling?

Now that is good, and I think has less calories than frapps. But at this point, who cares?

There are no workers here today....yeah. All the cabinets went in yesterday as well as the handles DD chose. They are white....almost all drawers so we can SEE what's in them.

And at the two corners where nobody can see and where things go to die, we have lazy Susans on two levels. BTW, who was Susan, and was she lazy? Or is that an urban legend?

They brought the gorgeous tiles for the fireplace which is currently brick. They look sort of like stacked stone, but aren't rough. Various shades of gray, white, taupe and other soft colors. The hearth will be solid gray tiles.

I have another UTI. Yesterday I stopped at my PC doc's office on the way home.

I'm back on Cipro and feeling some relief. I don't know why I attract bacteria and ants, but I do.

Hope things are going well where you are and your finger is healing perfectly.

It's good to see you.

snappy Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello HiLo, so very glad to hear from you and get so much news. I wish you were closer to your family, especially that little GGS. We do have ways now to keep in touch by email and skype, but as you say, it's not the same. No way would I do that much traveling either. Takes too much out of a person. It's good that you are safe on facebook. I've never gone there, but I do get news of my grands through DD#1 who is there all the time.

So it's a good thing.

Yes, our baby girl will be a month old on the 29th. I've only seen her once but oh it was so wonderful to hold her little body against my heart and give her the gospel and pray for her and her parents. DD#1 saw her a few days ago. She is 10 pounds now and darling.

I don't see any resemblance to anyone in our family, but her mom thinks she looks like her maternal grandma whom I never met.

I think it's nice that your grandkids live at home. I also like the generations staying together as long as there is harmony. DD#2 has also lived with me, and we know how to get along almost without any conflict. Sometimes when we are tired we misunderstand each other, but it's no big thing and we get past it. She takes good care of me and worries when she is at work. I wouldn't live here if I were alone.

Good to hear that Ryan is able to work part time. I had a friend whose son worked there while in college and it was very hard work. He loaded the trucks at night for morning delieries.

It is hard to see one's peers suffering and leaving this world, and it highlights the fact that we are not here for long. Being ready to go is what matters.

I understand about the way the body wears out..the outer man perishes, the inner man is renewed day by day. Can't say I much like it, but it's what happened after the fall.

DD and I wanted to get the kitchen remodeled last year but I had to have that radiation on my nose, so we couldn't. I feel it's important to do it while I'm here so she will not have to try to even think about it when I'm not. We just got a call that the counter tops go in tomorrow. Cabinets are white, counters a medium gray quartz. We have 13 recessed lights in the ceiling between the kitchen and family room. The peninsula is being made wider so bar stools can be used or we can serve buffet style from it.

Marble backsplash, but I haven't seen it yet. The fireplace is brick now, but it will be drywalled and then have gorgeous tile with gray on the hearth. I'm getting one of the new smart TV's that will be mounted above it. The electrical is already in.

The walls were painted the same gray as the living room. The flooring will be a pretty laminate that will tie the two areas together. We are blessed. Oh and all new stainless appliances which are already purchased.

I'm glad for the news of the KS ladies and the marriages. It seems to me that their getting together has to be a God thing. It's wonderful they have that community. They are all very, very smart women.

I think of Bobbi sue and pray for her. So I thank you for telling me of her condition.

We do miss her on the WT, but I don't think she has a computer and I do know about the COPD. Wish she had a better support system, but at least one of her sons helps her now and then.

I have another UTI, and am back on Cipro. Doctor doesn't want it to become a super bug that is resistant to Cipro. Me either.

I need to close for now, but know that I look forward always to hearing from you and about how you are and the others we have known.

Take care of yourself,

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi NAES, I suppose you have read about the home remodel in other posts. It's going very well, and more quickly than we supposed. My prayer is that it will be finished before DD has to return to work. I don't want to handle being responsible here.

It's going to be an amazing area with everything new.

I have been content with the Sony 40" TV that sat on a cabinet in the corner, but I know there is a huge difference with the new ones. Air brushed is what one has to be...

Yes, I'm going to get the LG in 55" and will order it today. DD was going to Best Buy to get it, but we can order it delievered through Amazon for a little less.

We didn't expect anyone here tomorrow, but the counter people are coming. I am looking forward to that. It's a U shaped room, small, but very effeciently laid out and more than enouhg space for us. The peninsula separates it from the family room which is where I'm used to being.

DD bought a beautiful new ceiling fan which is already in and working just fine.

She is working so hard and trying to keep track of me at the same time.

The Holter Monitor is gone. The little box is small, like the size of a deck of cards, but the long cords that are attached to the electrodes are sort of in the way. Still, I slept on my back, which is what I prefer last night just fine. Don't know what it will show, I return next Wednesday for the results of that and the echo. Tuesday I go to the neurologist regarding the CMT which I think is what makes me short of breath just standing for a few minutes.

So sorry you are in so much pain, but there's nothing wrong with your cheerful attitude which is a plus in dealing with any adversity.

Hope you get the best help you can.

Good to see you. I have to come and go as events here allow

My little GGD is so darling. I doubt I'll see her much, but do see pictures which are nice.

snappy Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

MsLomo, dinner sounds delicious...are there any leftovers? If so, I'll have some of those french fries.

I wasn't allowed to remove my Holter Monitor. There were electrodes all over my front. Had to keep the whole thing dry. And we had no hot water for 3 days, so all I could do was sponge baths. This morning after I was liberated from that gadget, I got a HOT shower and washed my hair. Ah, the simple pleasures of life.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, thanks for the news about your grandkids. They are super achievers for sure.

I know you are proud of them. We are tired here, but today there are no workers, which has been nice.

Hope you are staying well and enjoying your weekends getting out to the resale shops.

See you when I can.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi NAES, hope you read my post to you. For some reason my computer has minimized the type size so I can barely see it. Will sign off and get to work doing something productive while I can.

You be careful not to harm yourself any further and know I think of you and ask the Lord to heal you.

snappy

Esteemed Contributor

@MsLomo,

I had no idea how popular our Good & Plenty have become, and the treat 'drink' that snappy had sounds very cold and mmmh goooood. Never had one but did have my surprise treat yesterday evening.

I had gone to my ophthalmologist for what I have been doing 1 time a year- a yearly eye exam. He checks for anything different, and of course we do the vision eye board test each time. I am okay -not needing glasses to drive, but did ask if I have to wear computer glasses when doing any long term computer research....only if I have eye strain which I believe I don't. Good news there.

I have worn sunglasses since I have been 16 so not one wrinkle from the sun around my eyes, actually none on my face since I use a sun screen on my entire face when out. 

I have very long eye dark lashes so mascara is a huge feeling of glue ...not interested in that. I have a tiny sample  from Ulta's what snappy uses in light / IT foundation with a swipe of rosy creme blush, one of the lip sticks that actually stay on in deep pink -to-red and good to go. 

Since I had made that appointment last year, one less thing to be concerned about this summer. I am very particular when it comes to my eyes and teeth; have heard of so many losing theirs {teeth} due to non care, soft teeth, or not caring until too late.

Back to my surprise: my 'honey' did some small shopping later when I was out. He bought me a small Italian cake with soft cream, slices of almonds and the most delicious icing + a small sample piece of white cake with coconut throughout with a hint of lemon. I never buy anything like this when by myself, (BUT!!) will eat small bites until alllll gone if I see it. The cakes were very very small.  No more sweet for NAES until maybe Thankgiving Day...............was that so good~.......Woman Happy

I did read, snappy, that the crew is steadily moving quick and appears very efficient to your daughter's wishes.

May be my husband was correct when he said  __all will be completed by the time she returns to school in August. Teachers, there really do not have a full 3 month off to vacate the school system. Some here, do.

Everything that you have updated is coming along smoothly, as much as I can understand. @snappyfrappy.

_______________ MsLomo, I did do a 4 qt of homemade spaghetti, yesterday.

I had a (what I call small potion) plate with grated cheese but couldn't finished it, so you know who finished it. must have been those sample cakes before dinner..bad girlWoman Happy.....

I bought two of the vegetable brushes for cleaning potatoes, carrots and whatever, but discovered that one was was too wide, but instead of storing it away I am using that one for Sashay grooming brush which she loves, also we bought the fur glove for applying a non toxic spray foam to shine her coat and kill any small mites.

She is unbelievably spoiled. Looks forward to her groom routine each morning.........what a life!

Tomorrow I am trying the hamburger with potatoes, with a vegetable; I am leaving the bun out, adding in a tomato and a side of sweet pickles and olives. I tried to find a Bermuda onion. Someone told me that restaurants buy most of those before reaching the markets. (??) A sweet onion will do. ! I hope !

AND! I owe it all to you. Woman Very Happy

How is your finger? Not in need of splint anymore?

Trusted Contributor

Snappy, when I saw @HiLo's post to you, I knew you would be THRILLED to see her again! I wish she and the other ladies would come back here regularly. You and they have such a great time talking to each other.   

Good & Plenty AND a venti mocha coconut machiado?!  WHOA, baby! You deserved it, for sure. Oh, when you described your holter monitor, I flashed back to when I wore that little "deck of cards" that I also could not remove, and I suddenly felt itchy all over. Truly, it is a horrible feeling to have to keep one of those on and not have a bath or shower for DAYS.

I, too, had to have those "bird baths" until my A-fib kicked in so I could push two buttons on that thing to start the recording. (The docs were having a hard time catching it in action.) It was like wearing a heavy little tape player with the electrodes attached to my chest, under where my bra would be, etc. I could not WAIT until my A-fib FINALLY happened (during a Clint Eastwood* special on TV !). And I pushed STOP when the A-fib stopped. And I knew the end was in sight for that thing to come off!

Spoiler
*Well, of course! Can you think of anyone else who could jump-start a heart in the early 1990s?! I bet everyone watching had some sort of episode! Woman Wink  Woman Embarassed

When you told us about your cold water sponge baths for three days, I could feel the relief and joy when you got to take a shower and wash your hair! Talk about a wonderful feeling! I will never forget how that felt when I got to do it. 

I hope you get decent news at the doctor when you get the results.

Your reno is going to be so beautiful. I love those colors. Sounds to me like they are moving very quickly (thank goodness).

@NAES1, I hope your dinner turned out fine and that your DH liked it! Can't wait to hear.

As for my finger, I finally have reached a point where it does not hurt. It doesn't extend exactly straight at the tip (end of finger to first knuckle), but close enough. This might be the best it (the poor ruptured tendon) can do. If it starts hurting, I put the split on for a 24-hour period and that seems to help it.

Hi, Cute t and Issy! I just bought about 7 pieces of Giuliana Rancic on sale. They've been in my Favorites, and I pounced when they came down. I am waiting for a couple of N Natori to come down, but it may be a long wait. Marlawynne ... I passed on her new collection: Two hot for all those sheer layers, and I couldn't figure out what size to order on a couple of the others. That's OK -- HSN prices her items too high IMO.

Heart

Valued Contributor

Hey MsLomo......I haven't check out Giuliana yet, but I will.  I snagged some bargains at the boutique--8 gemstone  bracelets and one gemstone necklace, plus one bracelet was a gift for $300.  The owner gives me a break because I am her best customer.

Have to run errands this weekend.  Maybe I should get another box of Good N Plenty!!!

Hi Snappy, I trust that the work is going according to schedule.  I am happy that you like the choices so far.  

Hi Miss Cute; are you going treasure hunting this weekend?

Hello NAES, so good to see you, and I sincerely hope that the healing continues very rapidly.

Take care, ladies.  I will be back soon.