Trusted Contributor

Oh, my! Snappy! You and DD are going to be living in an HGTV model home! It is going to be so beautiful! I think you are handling this quite well. It DOES help to have Milk Duds to cope with the hammering. Could the ants have sniffed a Milk Dud? Or maybe they are coming to you to complain that their living quarters ("farms") have been disturbed and that they don't appreciate the noise. I understand complaining, but they should not bite. They must not do that to our Snappy! 

I think you should reward yourself after you get home from the cardiologist on Tuesday (after the weigh-in). I know you're not supposed to use food as a reward, but, really, I cannot think of anything non-food that would be as satisfying. What, a scarf? zzzzzz.  A long walk? Uh, I don't think so. What about some flowers? Pretty, but pffft. 

Spoiler
Hand over the Milk Duds and Good & Plenty! Now we're talkin' real rewards! And throw in a piece of key lime pie while we're at it!! Yessiree! WooooHooo! 

Cute t, thanks for looking for those recipes! The fruit/kiwi cream cheese concoction sounds sooo good. And my mother used to make a potato casserole that she created with layers of different vegetables and a sauce similar to scalloped potatoes. It was DELICIOUS. She loved vegetables and did not care too much for meat, although she wasn't a vegetarian. 

Hi to Issy and NAES! Hope you are having a nice weekend! 

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

@NAES1, thank you for the details about your fall. How strange that was. I wonder what caused your initial leaning back that led to the contact that felt like an electric shock. Things happen when we least expect them, which is what my mother used to say about "meeting your true love." I'm tellin' ya, I'd much rather meet a true love unexpectedly than back into something! Have you told your son yet? I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  

~~~~~~~~@MsLomo, I think..also strange:::::the cause:::::'when least expected'

Picture this. We have a very high french door freezer-to refrigerator against the east side of kitchen, about 7ft high. 

The entry way into kitchen is coming from the south (ohh, I sound sound a ship's captain), but I was approximately five feet from the refrigerator in the middle of the the kitchen or 5.5ft from the counter top when I had both arms stretched up, maybe thinking either to figure out if I was going to place my hands on top of something- (the refig) is the only thing that high, unless a cabinet I rarely -ever- use. This would be something I could do or would do quite often, but I miscalculated if and when I went back, there WAS enough room not to be backing into, though.

The sudden back-in-to the chrome counter pressed against that one nerve causing me to either drop or move forward.

As I mentioned it was so unexpected in a nano stun _ouchWoman Surprised, enough that I should have fallen on my left side.

I think I turned to my (left) to actually see what the force was twisting too quickly, then landed from sheer 'what in the world happened', then I just fell.

> I never slipped and fell or lost my balance...."just felt my back give-a-way from the nerve pain(pinching) so suddenly". To my knowledge I have never had any mid back (thoracic) vertebrae problems.

The ouch was hitting a nerve so hard or in the right  -or wrong area-, I dropped.

If I had not dropped then there would have been no arm, hand or shoulder tingling PROBLEM as a full body / right side widespread aching, especially in the way I sleep or body weight when I place my arm ^UP^ under the pillow. 

The doctor (reading the mri) said everything is coming from the lower back which had to cause some impingement or shifting the lumbar discs off its alignment (SQUISHED)into the SACRAL 1. 

*I am not considering any surgery unless this entire condition should become worse*; the tear does not bother me unless I lean my (R) leg outward- {{ i.e., getting up from the sofa using my right side totally}}.

I can walk without shuffling, now, which I could not do 2 weeks ago. I believe that the entire spinal pathway is off center and will have to be seen by an orthopedist, soon; I am almost there -ready for some physical therapy but do not think that will be  a resolve for this, completely. 

[[ MsLomo]]..... ``and she makes key lime pies.......too. Yum. Will not tell husband you use graham cracker crumbs on the bottom. NEVER made another pie but the 1 apple that we took picture of about 15 years ago. True story! 

The drop, hitting the hip bone and shoulder is the bad guy here, not the backing INTO.  

Woman Surprised    ___________________________ A try to FOR explain.......ING ^^..... 

Cute t, if you have the recipes for the potato casserole and the Philadelphia cream cheese cake/pie with the fruit, I would love to have them (probably others would, too!). Sounds delicious. I hope all is well with you, your family, and your neighbors.

Issy,thank goodness you are all healed. I hope the knee scab is gone, too. You were so lucky that you didn't break any bones, especially in your face where it hit the ground. The gift you gave the woman who tended to you sounds BEAUTIFUL! I've never tried SSC, but I may give it a look since you like it. Skinn is on, and I may take a look. I hope the 24-Hour Youth Preservation Cream is available again on Hautelook soon; I got a nice big jar at a great price, and I will be running low soon.

Snappy, I think of you in the mess and confusion of the kitchen reno, and I think you and DD are brave. It's hard to have to go to your room while things are banging and buzzing and there is dust flying, and you have to go out of the house and into the garage to get an Outshine fruit bar (if you have any -- if you don't, you deserve one, or more!!). But so glad you and DD are doing this. It's going to be GORGEOUS. (Can't wait until it's OVER!)

I just made another key lime pie. DH asked for it. I use the already prepared graham-cracker crust in the grocery store, but the rest is from scratch, including whipped heavy cream sweetened with a little powdered sugar. I made one the other night and gave it to my sweet neighbor. She is very kind and generous, and we like to treat each other to something that she and I (and our families) can enjoy. 

It is so hot here. I was running errands this afternoon, and my car said the outside temp was 97. Ugh. The A/C feels so good.

Happy weekend to all!

Trusted Contributor

@NAES1, you are so funny!  Ship's captain! Well, aye aye, that was a fine explanation. 

Spoiler
Man Very Happy  Aye aye, I could see the kitchen boundaries both east and south!

I trust that an orthopedist and physical therapy will help! If you have to have surgery, so be it, but you have improved so much.

Thanks for the update! I look forward to hearing someday about the apple pie you made 15 years ago and took a picture of. Smiley Happy Does your husband love (or not love) graham-cracker crust?

OK, time for dinner dishes! 

Heart to all ....

Esteemed Contributor

He absolutely 'loves' anything - PIES_baked in an oven with graham- cracker crumb bottoms. 

I knew he who want the recipe for one if I told him. !-!

His grandmother made something called banana cream pies with (apparently a full bottom) graham cracker crumbs that he still often brings up about 8 times a year. 

I never made one, nor know much about these creations. 

(??)  I thought I told snappy last year about THE famous apple pie...I knew she laughed about the photo being taken.

I use to/ use TO make a cake every week-end but knowing me that soon came to an end. I will never know that love affair with- OR IN a kitchen, nor how women sign up for such duties for ....kitchen love in the air, stirring around the hot oven, the taste king and WHOA, "we eat".

I can cook, though- or we would not be here. I enjoy these delicious meals being brought in.

MY WORLD if I don't mind saying so. 

Today, (right now) I am preparing slow cooked pork chops with grilled tiny potatoes and broccoli. 

Okay, I accept 5 stars for that, but for tomorrow I have no idea- SURPRISE me, dear husband. Difficult to stand and use (R) arm.

Oh, our son will be a few days later before coming over; I had remembered you asking. @MsLomo. Heart~

Respected Contributor

My dear friend Snappy:

So sorry it has been so long since I have contacted you.  I really don't post much any more; used to be pretty good at spelling but these days I have to think through some of the words for the correct spelling; do not have a spell check and hate to look up words.  But one thing sure, writing does help us to keep our minds active so I do try to do Facebook daily to keep in contact with relatives.  I haven't had any problems there; they do offer private pages but I am still careful what I say.; this way I can be in touch with my children and grandchildren at various times during the day. 

So your long awaited g granddaughter has arrived!  I'm sure she is quite beautiful and what a blessing that she is a contented baby.  How fortunate you are that you can see her even now and then, watch her grow.  My g grandson is now a year and a half years old and I haven't seen him in person at all.  I'm not about to travel to Texas and they don't come here anymore.....her family is there and Donna and Mike travel to see them about every 6 weeks.

My grandson Jonathan's job requires him to travel about a week out of the month and he likes the opportunity to rest when he is home.  I am sad about this but do understand....the other g grandmother doesn't mind traveling and so has been to Texas with Donna and Mike.  They take new videos all the time so I am keeping up with the child's progress pretty much on a weekly basis.but it's still not the same.

Really enjoyed my grandchildren when they were babies but even more so as they became tottlers and beyond....feel very blessed to have been so close to Lauren and Ryan through the years.; they are now 22 and 27 and still live at home with their Dad; Lauren is still working towards a degree and works full time.  We are content that with all the problems Ryan had in the past,  he is at least working 4 hours a day at UPS. His Dad,my son, hopes to retire in 2 years...he works for UPS and is in good physical condition but is beginning to feel the downside of this 10 hour a day job; there is a lot more to that job than people know, few of the younger guys stay..

Am doing fairly well for an antique girl, Snappy.  Lots of dental appointments and bills lately but other wise things have been ok, other than naturally slowing down. so have much to be thankful for. This past year, 2 of my close friends (most of them are deceased) have been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and two have had strokes....leaves me as one of the eldest around.; losing those in your generation is particularly hard, we had shared so much through the years and remember "the good old days"..our doctors don't seem to worry much about what we weigh anymore.....they seem to think as long as we don't pig out it's time to give us some space to finally eat some of the things we enjoy. and I personally don't worry about weight gain as long as my clothes fit.  After all, it is unlikely that I will be around long enough to do any real damage anyway.  

I peeked at one of your posts and saw that you and your daughter are further updating your (her) home, Snappy., .  It's just wonderful that you  have the joy of being excited about all the changes and sharing it all with your daughter....I think living with another is good for our mental health too.  Remember the days when the older family members lived with the younger generation?l I think that was the healthest way to live, surrounded by loved ones till the end.  But unfortunately, we aren't living in that kind of society any more...... so many of us have to be content with phone calls.and  Thank the Lord for cheaper long distance phone service.

We do have so much to be thankful for, imagine living in a country in the mid-east!  There are some religious organizations working in Iraq and Syria....Franklin Graham has done such a wonderful job with Samaritians Purse and is so outspoken with his witness; more so than even his Dad.  I'm sure Billy is  waiting for the day when he will be called Home!  That reunion gets closer every day!

The Kindred Spirits just came home from a reunion in Montana..Delaney was the hostess this time but I'm sure they all helped out.  You may remember that Delaney got married several months ago and Agnes (Jacob's Mom) also married.  Agnes, Jacob and hubby have built a home very close to Joy and I hope will be happy ever after.  She is such a special Mother, was not looking for a husband but God brought this wonderful Christian man into her life....who loves God and Jacob too.  Sounds just like something our God would do...a companion for Agnes and a father for her son.

Our friend BobbiSue is still suffering a great deal with  COPD...some days are good and others,  breathing is pretty bad.  Fortunately she is still able to remain at home but still has to climb the stairs to get to the bathroom.  One of her sons does help out some but certainly could do more; she still attends church at night when she is able but I'm not too impressed with what I hear about the present one.  A bit of legalism I would say: for one thing, no pants allowed!

My nightly time sleep pattern is pretty uncertain, Snappy, so I will stop now and try to get a little additional shot eye.before I'm off to the dentist.

Please write when you can and tell me the latest,  Think of you often

Much love, HiLo

Esteemed Contributor

I had tried to back track and read, having a handle on any updated news ( @snappyfrappy ) home remodeling/ kitchen and living room, also the information you had placed from the 22nd for Tuesday, the 25th when your Echo- &- Holter appointment begins.

Testing.

Heart I will be thinking about you.

Now, I can envision the remodeling crew as they are coming closer to: Each Day To Completion. Nothing worse than having your 'soft spot to land' being interrupted. 

"...snappy, you briefly noted that the new TV would be a 55inch over the area where there was once a mantle.

You will enjoy the HD and large screen very much. Ours is the same size on a huge table on the lower level- now, I can understand why anyone being televised in high definition has to have (as they mention quite often) _TONS_ of make up on. Compare that of today to the older movies and you should or will notice the perfect hair(s) in place and the flawless skins.

A whole different world. We have either the 55 or 60; I believe you will have less strain on your eyes, although there is nothing better than an old black & white movie.

.......[[nothing can be improved there]]". !!!!!!

@Issy79, 

You sound Good as New! When we go down -we do a doozy- what else could one expect when not looking down?

I still have relentless tightness in the long hamstrings ( large thick muscles) on one side of my leg. Also, the nuisance of right shoulder discomfort, am using the compound rx cream and otc muscle odorless spray, potions and notions; nerve pain coming slowly from my wrist when I tried to catch myself. 

Good grief, I sound like one of the whiny patients I have dealt with with having little knowledge * exactly what pain really is *, until it happens to me or you- anyone,,,,,,,another story...............!

Very hot here with temperatures yesterday of 105 with the humidity. Rained all day Sunday and thunder storms yesterday.

In some areas: 7 inches in 5 hours approximately forty minutes from our home. Some homes ( from local news) were uprooted and floated away. My heart aches for those who lost everything.

I am understanding that an entire new car lot lost over 100 cars.

I will follow up with this later on the echo since I type so slowly with the time permitted for ( I suppose) each each separate posting. 

Hopefully, I can be agile in using the (R) arm and hand 1 more time. I know when to stop. 

Hello to @MsLomo and @cute t. 

No surprise here...we have no dinner for tonight.....SO, I wait for MsLomo and her master COOKING creative mind, nibble quick hands to WoW me with soon. Woman SurprisedHeart

Trusted Contributor

Ahhh, @NAES1, hope I haven't kept you and your DH waiting too long! I have prepared something simple for tonight: I bought the Kirkland organic ground beef (at Costco); comes in packages of three. I have opened one package and hand-pressed five "burgers patties" and pan-grilled them in my Calphalon nonstick grill pan for 5 minutes on each side. Each has been placed on a heated Sunbeam hamburger bun, and on the side so you can help yourself to what you'd like are ketchup, mustard, and sliced raw sweet onions.

In my Calphalon nonstick flat pan, I have heated a bit of extra virgin olive oil while slicing a couple of white potatoes to look like French fries. I've browned them on both sides, and they are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. I've sent Sashay to call you for dinner.

Spoiler
Cat Very Happy Dinner is ready! Good & Plenty for dessert!

Snappy, I wish you the best tomorrow at the doc. I understand that today's holter monitors can be removed so you can take a shower!  Yessss! When I had to wear mine, it could not be removed. What an icky feeling!

Speaking of an uncomfortable feeling, it is so humid here it feels like a wet blanket outside.

Hi to all!  Heart 

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies and Thanks for the chat !! Yes i have still got to get those Receipts, and Everyone is so busy.. Our Great Granddaughter got Vice President at Something and WON a Scholarship and our Grandson is traveling this week,..My makes me tired to think about it..

But soon as everyone settles down i will get the Receipts.. BOY this month is about gone.. Yes Snappy New HOUSE DO will sure be nice and so excited for the 2 of them..

GOOD NIGHT !!! and thanks for the Chat..

Esteemed Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

Ahhh, @NAES1, hope I haven't kept you and your DH waiting too long! I have prepared something simple for tonight: I bought the Kirkland organic ground beef (at Costco); comes in packages of three. I have opened one package and hand-pressed five "burgers patties" and pan-grilled them in my Calphalon nonstick grill pan for 5 minutes on each side. Each has been placed on a heated Sunbeam hamburger bun, and on the side so you can help yourself to what you'd like are ketchup, mustard, and sliced raw sweet onions.

In my Calphalon nonstick flat pan, I have heated a bit of extra virgin olive oil while slicing a couple of white potatoes to look like French fries. I've browned them on both sides, and they are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. I've sent Sashay to call you for dinner.

Spoiler
Cat Very Happy Dinner is ready! Good & Plenty for dessert!

Snappy, I wish you the best tomorrow at the doc. I understand that today's holter monitors can be removed so you can take a shower!  Yessss! When I had to wear mine, it could not be removed. What an icky feeling!

Speaking of an uncomfortable feeling, it is so humid here it feels like a wet blanket outside.

Hi to all!  Heart 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heart

/!/!/!/!/! ...."and the dinner was sooo very good, but I left the onion off but 'honey' wanted mine. I added a thick slice of tomato to mine. I tried to give Sashay a pinch of (ah the hand -pressed) organic burger pattie, but she smelled the the EVOO -we opened another packet of the Temptation Cheezits.

Now, there's a great idea >>>> homemade hamburgers +++ plenty of lettuce hearts, but with those delicious potatoes I have to peel the skins, don't I?

**NEWLY LEARNED: I had no idea 5 minutes on each side, no wonder mine are (well more like fish) is either falling apart or too _ Non _ Tender inside...cooked too long.

Golleeeee, what I have to practice ` for several days to come`, but adding the tuscany broccoli (frozen) but something I can steam and add a great non buttery spread.  I have a cookbook but the wrapper is still on intact, and I know -Woman Surprised Oh how I know that you could put your [all of the best ones] favorites and mass produce; I would be your 1st customer. 

Tell me, please...why (?) do men love peanut butter so much, or is it just me being skimpy with small portions.....appears having an after dinner appetite, now -Cat Surprised is wondering, too.

Thank you Heart for the 'Save My leg'

@    XOXO { @MsLomo } for one more day from standing in the -you know that room-.  Y U M.

Trusted Contributor

@NAES1, I am so glad you enjoyed the dinner! I forgot to get a tomato to slice for the burgers. You're right that tomato is delicious on a burger, and lettuce, too!

I did NOT peel the skins off the 2 potatoes; I just scrubbed them under running water, then sliced. The five minutes on each side (med-high heat) is for patties about 1-inch thick if you like your meat medium (to the med-rare side). If you like them more well-done, try 6 minutes each side, or 5 on one side, and 6 on the other. I use a timer and turn them over when the buzzer goes off, then I salt and peppper (well, no salt on mine), to the cooked side. After the second side is done, I turn onto the bun, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on that side, too. DELISH! Yes, also serve a frozen veggie for a good balance!

Now you will be prepared before you go into "THAT ROOM" so you won't waste any time wondering how long on this side or that. Get in there, make the delicious dinner, and GET OUT SLOWLY and CAREFULLY.  Smiley Very Happy

In my experience, men DO love peanut butter! I think it's comfort food. And maybe you COULD make those DH's portions a bit larger!  Smiley Happy

Cute t, how exciting about the reward and scholarship! Your family is so interesting. I know they are all so busy, it's exhausting for you to think about. 

Snappy, I just thought of you because I saw an online blurb about Leonardo DiCaprio; he's wearing a heart monitor! I think it is for an exam! I wish you didn't have to deal with the holter monitor ON TOP OF the house reno. Yeeesh, a lot. Hope you are doing fine during this. Please get into bed (hopefully no ants today) and drop us a few lines if you can! 

Hi, Issy!

Heart