Respected Contributor

Hi Issy, when I met hubby, he told me he liked liver and onions. I never even tried to cook them for him. My bad, but somethings are just too....too...awful.

I think it's good for a person.

I'm getting excited about the baby. She's due in about a month. I have thoughts about what I will say to her, how I will hold her. It will be wonderful.

Glad for a long weekend, imagine you are also.

Take care,

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Dear NAES, thank you so much for taking the time and more importantly the effort to share with us what has happened to you.

It sounds terribly painful. You are not someone to complain, so I know it is a bad thing. So grateful your hubby was there and helped you. A person could lie on the floor for hours with nobody knowing.

I'm glad you did go to the doctor, and that nothing is broken.

The EMG will show the neurologist a lot and I hope it leads to treatment that will restore your strength and mobility. You know you have my prayers and my love. You are a special person.

Thanks for thinking of me. I'm doing better. Thankful.

Love,

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

butterfly, you are welcome here anytime. You are not an intruder. We would love to get to know you. Thank you for the picture and the prayers for our NAES. and all in need.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, glad your sense of humor is intact! I can't imagine how much pain our NAES has. And yes, the sheer effort to type such a long message to us must have been very hard. We are thankful to know and remember her always.

I'm for sure going to ask my eye doc about that Sclera Lens. SO glad your hubby has found it to be a HUGE help. Is it a prescription lens?

I've never worn contacts nor has it ever been suggested. I don't need them except for reading and other close work. I'm just thrilled for your hubby.

DD got me the Refresh pm which I used last night. Too soon to know if it will help, but I'm trying it for sure.

I know we will hear from the contractor sooner or later, but the work has to be done when DD is here. His estimate was 2-3 weeks and he's pretty good about staying on task.

There was a meeting of the K-3 staff this week, and as a result, DD is going to be teaching K in the fall. She started out with that grade level, but has been a 1st grade teacher for many years. She was sort of pushed into it, but is no looking forward to it.

The principal is going to allow her to remain in her own room and get a playhouse and rug and anything else she wants. This will be a class of 28 kids, but 14 in the morning, 14 in the afternoon. They do over lap in the middle of the day when she will have all of them there, but not for long. She feels so burned out that I think she is really looking forward to this change. It may only be for one year, but it could last longer depending on the enrollment. I'm glad for her even though it wasn't what she wanted. The Lord is taking care of her.

I"m feeling stronger and thinking the infection may be gone. Thank you for always caring.

Glad your finger is getting better and that you can be without the splint during the day. Must make everyday tasks much easier. Good for you!

DD#1 is indeed right handed and this is her right shoulder. She has to wear a brace 24 hours a day. It looks awful, but may not be that bad. She has all her RX ready and her shampoo caps and body cleansing wipes, etc. Her hubby can help her. The brace comes off during PT. They told her to sleep in her recliner which she was planning on doing anyway. Thank you for asking.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, so excited for you! Getting to see that new baby tomorrow. I heard on the weather report that really bad weather is headed for the mid west. Hope you aren't involved in that.

Wow, your GS might as well have a cook out for the whole town! It will be an amazing day for everyone and you will get to see all the kids.

Hope the weather is nice.

I haven't seen bunnies for a while.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

snappy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Issy, how are you doing? Did you give Good & Plenty another shot? If so, I hope it tasted OK to you! I could go for some right now, but since I do not want to go to the store, I opted for key lime pie instead. I made it! Used a graham cracker crust that I bought in the store.

Devia, please tell us all about the holiday get-together and your new great-grand! Hope you have had good weather. It's been raining off and on today ... we've had some WILD weather the past few days.

Snappy, yes, the one contact lens DH is wearing in one eye now is prescription, but they have a clear version, too (probably less expensive than the prescription one). If he can get used to the drill of inserting and removing the one lens, then he'll be ready to order one for the other eye. He's doing fine, but has to keep reading the instructions. He still wears reading glasses (strength 2.50) from the drugstore. The lens is not so much for "seeing" as it is to make smooth the eye surface so the dry eye is not so painful. I hope the Refresh PM has helped you!

DD is not looking forward to teaching K in the fall? Or is now looking forward to it? There's an important letter left off the end of "no" in your post, so I can't figure it out!  lol I hope it will be better than the class she got this year. The playhouse and rug sound like a lot of fun! Smiley Happy

Is your infection gone? I sure hope so!

Can't wait for DD#1 to have the shoulder and recovery in the rearview!

@NAES1, thinking of you ... please don't feel like you have to answer this! (No typing!)  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, looks like everyone is enjoying the holiday or recovering from it.

DD really likes key lime yogurt. If I had graham crackers in the house, I'd be eating them all. I have an eating disorder, or so I think. compulsive.

Thanks for telling me more about your hubby's contact lens. I intend to speak with Dr. Eye Candy about it when next we meet in June. I would think he is aware of this and must not think it's right for me, but I'll ask for sure. Glad your hubby is doing well with his.

He told DD that wearing the contacts is a protection for the eye, but sometimes she has to take them out. I've never worn them. I have 1.5 correction on the bifocal at least in the sunglasses I got through Amazon. I might try 2 if I order any again.

DD is at a meeting today for K teachers. They are starting new curriculum this year for everyone. She started out in K, but has taught 1st for a long time. She did a K/1 one year and 3rd grade for 3 years. At this point she seems glad for the change. Mainly because of the smaller class size. K kids don't stay all day, so half the class comes in the morning, the other in the afternoon with about an hour of so overlapping somewhere around lunch time. That means no more than 15 kids. But they are babies, lots of crying...helicopter moms, etc. The principal is so happy she agreed to this that she told her to order anything at all she wants for her room. Strike while the iron's hot, and all that jazz. It could be that next year she'll be back in 1st. Depends on enrollment, but I'm glad she gets to remain in her classroom, and so is she.

I'm using the Refresh pm, but my eyes don't feel any different so far. I hope it helps to heal the pitted cornea in my good one. Yesterday we went to BB and Beyond to look at bath mats. I saw one in their add but it didn't say what size it was. We took the walker, but I was aching everywhere in less than half an hour. The rug was too large, but I got a replacement for the one I have now and DD got new ones in a different color.

We happened to drive through *bucks....and the rest is history.

Did you BBQ or have some special meal? Was your son there? We had hamburger patties and delicious corn on the cob. DD had potato salad, I didn't. and orange jello parfait.

DD#1 is still in lots of pain with her back, but is up and around. Yesterday she and her hubby went to the Memorial Day service where they live and then to visit her dad's grave. I can't do it and I know he isn't there and wouldn't care.

Take care and enjoy whatever this day brings your way.

snappy Smiley Happy

OH, GDIL has had some pains, is dilated 1 centimeter....I don't think this little girl will wait much longer to see ME....haha. My grandmother's birtday was June 1,1888. So just maybe....

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy , and Thanks for the Chat !! Yes My Hubby " LUCKY " and i headed to Kansas City Missouri, to see our New Great Granddaughter..on saturday, and it was very Foggy when WE started out, as the day got Brighter the Fog lifted.. then for Lunch we packed for aPicnic to have at the rest Area on the way, so much fun, as this is how we use to travel when our Children went with us.. then back on he Road again.. when we hit Kansas City a Storm went threw as Huge Rain Stor, Everyone had their Blinkers on as water was deep, Thank goodness for our JEEP, so all was good and it got a Good Washing, took us 6 hours to get their.. and finally found their house, as it's in the City but yet Country.. and We were met by our Great Grandsonthat is 17..  as he was their also before heading out to work.. and Our Granddaughter from Oklahoma was their also, and Little Penelope introudeced us to her Baby Sister Josephine.. and What A Sweet Baby, she slept the whole time we were their and So Beautiful, has dark hair like her daddy .. i held her as i sat down and they put this Thing like Half A Doughnut around my waiste and laid Josephine on it, and Penelope game up and Kissed her on The Head and SHE Gave a Huge Smile so Precious.. in her sleep.. and the Kids had fixed this HUGE Meal as they also had Things fixed on the Grill, and WE All Ate, and our great grandson had to leave after we ate to go to work.. SO All Was GOOD.. !! then we all chated and took pictures and then WE started home and got to ST . LOUIS and it Pourded Down Rain, took both of us to watch Interstate Signs, got to Illinois Line and it had not rained , so We made it home before Dark.. and i got Laundry done and made Food to take to our Grandsons for Sunday Cookout.. WE had a Blast Sunday , our other Grandson brought his girlfriend for US to meet and their dad was their, our daughters x Husband the childrens dad.. so all was Good.. Nice family time and Fun times with Strangers.. Looking forward to Labor Day weekend, another Cook out !! Everyone is Suppose to be at it !! a lot of Church Families were their Sunday.. SO MUCH Food !! i was going to take Pictures of it and MY Camera could not get all of the FOOD In.. well i shall sign off and get ready for bed.. I'm going to get up early in the Morning and Mow our lawn.. was in the 70's today and Nice BREEZE.. GOOD NIGHT and Thanks for KIND Words, and Thoughts..[ they had Deer in front yard and Deer in back yard.. ] so neat...

Trusted Contributor

Hello to ALL of YOU and hoping all of YOU had a Super WEEKEND !! Hoping All of YOU our Doing good and NO MORE pain.. yes Counting Blessings as we had a Blast in Kansas City Missouri, and A Blast at the HUGE Cookout sunday of our grandchildren and Family.. So Much Good food and So Many Wonderful Families enjoying.. and Children Every Place .. Fun Times..

Good NIGHT, and Thanks to ALL.. for Being Here..

Respected Contributor

Wow, cute, I'm so impressed with how much you packed into that weekend! Grateful for your jeep! I hope it didn't take 6 hours to get home from visiting with the new little baby, Josephine. How sweet that Penelope loves her sister. Sounds like you got to see lots of family between the time spent in Kansas City and at your GS's cookout on Monday.

Did Penelope have dark hair when she was a baby?

I'm really grateful the Lord protected you as you drove through really bad weather.

You got home before dark! Wow. I know you always enjoy cook outs with your GS and all the bunch. Am sure you loved seeing everyone. And pictures to look at for years to come.

It's overcast and rather cool here today, but no rain. I was going to drive through the car wash, but not if it's going to rain.

DD called that contractor again, so we hope he returns her call and something gets started here.

My GS's wife went to the hospital over the weekend. She was having numbness and some pain. Yesterday she had a doctor's appointment, but I don't know what he said.

I don't think our little girl will make it another month. My grandma's birthday was June 2. That would be nice, but she's not due for maybe 2 weeks. I'm getting anxious to hold her and love her little sweet self. I don't think my GS has any idea what they are in for, but they do love this little girl and he will do the best he can.

Prayers are going out to NAES and we hope she can stop by sometime.

Hi to Issy, MsLomo and all who read here.

snappy Heart