Trusted Contributor

@NAES1, you are so funny! Did you see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? I thought for a second that Mr. NAES was going to say "Windex"!! lol

But Mr. Lomo is going to take Mr. NAES' advice and try Clear Eyes! It just may work!

Glad the thunder and rain "persuaded" Sashay to try that box again!

Later .... Heart

P.S. Thanks for eye advice ... Mr. Lomo does get the Lotomax (pred) periodically, but I wish he could stay on it!

Esteemed Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

@NAES1, you are so funny! Did you see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? I thought for a second that Mr. NAES was going to say "Windex"!! lol

But Mr. Lomo is going to take Mr. NAES' advice and try Clear Eyes! It just may work!

Glad the thunder and rain "persuaded" Sashay to try that box again!

Later .... Heart

P.S. Thanks for eye advice ... Mr. Lomo does get the Lotomax (pred) periodically, but I wish he could stay on it!

@____________BINGO @MsLomo

I do dun thunk we have a new doc in our house. 

"New resolution for March: listen carefully to your husband.....simple things can or may work". NittyNatNAES

Esteemed Contributor

Ah eeeeeeeeeeee No, I didn't see it...Just on today or the movie...? W HA T? & what? ............,,,,, I am lost here- know I have missed sumthum', but heard of the title.. `Nuff wedding stuff FER me 'ma.

@MsLomo

Heart  

Tuesday-28th

Trusted Contributor
@NAES1, 2002 movie ... I enjoyed it! I have the DVD, and I am not much of a movie person (or collector of DVDs). Sleep tight!
Respected Contributor

Hi Issy, I try to get here every day, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

Now and then I just don't want to get on the computer at all.

It's nice that you have such fond memories of delicious things cooking at your house when you were a kid. I used to make cookies all the time and eat half of them myself, but don't do that anymore.

Thank you for your kind words about my GS. I'm going to text him later to see how the new job is going. Don't want to do it during the weekday. But I heard from his wife. She had a test of her blood sugar and it turned out well. She's in her third trimester now and the baby is growing well and has a strong heartbeat. Is very active.

They sold the arbor he made for their wedding. Someone saw it and wants to use it. He may start making them for others. They can be customized and personalized.

I started on xiidra last night. It says it will burn, but if so, it's not bad. It tends to blur the vision for a while and they say it may cause an odd taste sensation. The first 30 day supply is free and they gave DD some paperwork for me to give my eye doc. If this helps, it's possible I could continue to get it free. That would be wonderful, if it works.

I'm concerned about something. My friend who does my taxes mailed me forms to sign authorizing her to e-file for me. I signed them and put them in the envelope she provided. She had put the stamps on and her return address. I thought it was really stuffed full, so I taped it shut. Well, she hasn't received that as yet and she should have.

It may be there was insufficient postage. My name and address are not on the envelope, but inside is all my important ID, including a check for her services.

The Lord knows where it is, and I am trustin Him to work this out, but it is a bit unnerving. She can file for me on time, but we want those papers. I should have only returned the 2 papers she had me sign, but I didn't know that so I returned everthing.  My bad.

snappy Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

MsLomo, I know your hubby tried xiidra and remembered what you said about the high copay. They told DD yesterday that if it works, there might be a way for me to continue to get it free. They gave her paperwork for me to give to my doctor when I see him next month. I've used it twice. Says it burns, but it's not bad at all, and that it blurs the vision, but that's not bad either. I'll give it a try because pitted corneas are "the pits". I feel sorry for your dear hubby. I use Retaine as a lubricant. As many times a day as needed. I get it through Amazon. I found a supplier who sends 4 boxes for $79. Lasts about 6 weeks, but I couldn't get along without some relief.

I'm happy for my GS also and hope this works out for him. They will soon see how much he knows how to do. His wife is now in her third trimester and our little girl is developing as she should for her age. Strong heart beat. Doesn't like them poking and kicks up a storm. Her mom refered to her as a little stinker....

Concerned about where my tax papers are, and praying the Lord brings them to light.

Good to see you today,

snappy Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi NAES, as usual I enjoyed your post. Sashay is a hoot!

I've learned from possummink on WT that there is a breed of cat called Turkish Vans that love to swim. One of the ladies there has one and he does. The others seem to view water as a personal affront to themselves. Prissy.

I wrote down what you told MsLomo about the drops you would ask about.

Restasis didn't work for me at all. As I told someone, I use Retaine on a regular basis. Lots of times during the day. Right now I'm a bit blurry because of the Xiidra, but not bad and I'm typing without my glasses. My doc said the dryness will never go away, he's just managing it so it doesn't cause damage. Now and then he has put me on a steroid for a brief time and it works to heal the corneas, but I can't take it all the time.

Our little great grandbaby is doing just fine. Thank you for praying for them. Her mom is in her third trimester now and the baby is active and the right size for her age. Strong heartbeat. Pretty exciting stuff.

But, PLEASE pray that the envelope with all my personal ID will be found and not used by someone to assume my identity. My tax preparer friend will look into it if it doesn't show up in today's mail.

It's beautiful out here today. In the low 80s. Our Arizona garden is starting to bloom, and the apricot tree is alive. Had lots of flowers and now leaves. Soon there will be little fruit. Hope we get some instead of having it all eaten by ants and birds. I got one last year. One. It was delicious.

snappy Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

Snappy, I am so sorry about the missing envelope, but please do not worry. We've all done something like that -- more than once -- and it will be OK. If it doesn't arrive, it's most likely because there is "insufficient postage," which means it has been "returned to sender" -- which in this case is the recipient -- which is good. It may take some time to be "returned."

How did you return the envelope? Via a residential mailbox with the flag up, or at a Post Office?

P.S. Many thanks for the dry eye info -- will give to DH!!

Esteemed Contributor

@snappyfrappy wrote:

Hi Issy, I try to get here every day, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

Now and then I just don't want to get on the computer at all.

It's nice that you have such fond memories of delicious things cooking at your house when you were a kid. I used to make cookies all the time and eat half of them myself, but don't do that anymore.

Thank you for your kind words about my GS. I'm going to text him later to see how the new job is going. Don't want to do it during the weekday. But I heard from his wife. She had a test of her blood sugar and it turned out well. She's in her third trimester now and the baby is growing well and has a strong heartbeat. Is very active.

They sold the arbor he made for their wedding. Someone saw it and wants to use it. He may start making them for others. They can be customized and personalized.

I started on xiidra last night. It says it will burn, but if so, it's not bad. It tends to blur the vision for a while and they say it may cause an odd taste sensation. The first 30 day supply is free and they gave DD some paperwork for me to give my eye doc. If this helps, it's possible I could continue to get it free. That would be wonderful, if it works.

I'm concerned about something. My friend who does my taxes mailed me forms to sign authorizing her to e-file for me. I signed them and put them in the envelope she provided. She had put the stamps on and her return address. I thought it was really stuffed full, so I taped it shut. Well, she hasn't received that as yet and she should have.

It may be there was insufficient postage. My name and address are not on the envelope, but inside is all my important ID, including a check for her services.

The Lord knows where it is, and I am trustin Him to work this out, but it is a bit unnerving. She can file for me on time, but we want those papers. I should have only returned the 2 papers she had me sign, but I didn't know that so I returned everthing.  My bad.

snappy Cat Happy

@snappyfrappy,    

Do not worry. If there is postage on [said] enveolpe/folder and a return ddress (HERS), then it will reach her, even if insufficient postage...the grand O post office service will ask ( the mailman) has to ask the receiver to fork over the $0.15 or 30 cents to make up the difference. There is a RETURN address, even though it's not yours...h e r s. 

This is a heavy tax season and the postal service is loaded with more thn they usually handle, so it IS under the bundle of hundreds of ...same things, like yours..waiting...VERY SLOW and so near to tax time, even THOUGH this is going to her. 

As @MsLomo said, we have or done the very same thing, but YOURS has postage. If not receive'd by 2 more days, call your local post office and tell them you had sent...and that this had your important information tax papers, along with the tax PREPARER'S ''''''''''RETURN'''''''' on it..and ask, 'what, now postal people'?

You can ask for a supervisor, only...then give she/he the friend's name so they can look for it, or TRACE IT with her POSTAGE PAID ENVELOPE. You don't have to give them anymore info, other than that. You may give she/he your name with a phone number when they have found it or KNOW that it's on its way. 

There's another outfit I don't have any faith in..The mighty postal service, SO SERVE ME, ah, pleassssss.

Remember, everyone has their files sent in and want that bitty sum of $$s or have waited until the last days,especially "IF" they owe something~~~~~~~~~~! VERY SLOW, VERY SLOW AND NOT THE BRIGHTEST __SEASONAL PEOPLE WORKING_.

**** THERE IS A RETURN ADDRESS, SO THAT WILL BE THEIR FAULT IF >>>>NO SENDING. 

THEN, IF BY ANOTHER 2 DAYS, AND STILL NO ACTION

(FRIEND NOT RECEIVING), CALL THE IRS IN YOUR AREA AND TELL THEM  "I DID MY JOB....SO WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST"****?

Of course not to be surprised if someone from India with a heavy accen TTTTTTTTTTTTT anwSers.

THE POSTAL SERVICE HAS GONE DOWNHILL SO MUCH, SO QUICKLY...NOTHING WOULD EVER SURPRISE ME.

Also, you put tape on it, so there may be where it is ...stuck under the conveyer belt. That has happened to me, OH YES!

So not to worry, it will show, now, that you have lit a fire under their generious GLUTS.

'ah, and L O V E from such a little sweet Bo Peep~

Heart for snappy....Smile -someone may be looking at you on camera. 

NAES

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, I appreciate your encouragement. Our PO has a drive thru mail box, and that's where DD mailed my papers. I do think insufficient postage is the problem. I sent my friend an email a while ago, but no answer so far. She's very busy right now with the deadline approaching. I'm grateful for her.

I just heard the "ding" that tells me I have a new email. Maybe she answered me.

Hope your poor hubby finds some relief somewhere. This is something that's hard to deal with. My BFF just got home from a trip to Israel. She said it reminded her of the area where we live. She has dry eye, but NO trouble while she was there, so perhaps we could move there if all else fails. Smiley Happy I hear you saying that's not practical. Okay. You're right.

snappy Heart