Respected Contributor

What a beautiful post, snappy. ❤️ Thank you for all the updates and well wishes. I sure do hope your DD1 is not concealing anything from you. Could it just be that they told her it will take some time for her blood to enrich itself with the help of the transfusion? I'm praying for the ulcer to heal up with no more internal bleeding. 

Praying too that Shirley's shy kitty will be adopted into a nice forever home quickly. Poor baby has only developed trust for your  sweet sis so far. How cute ~ the thought of your GGB loaning Shirley one of her headband ribbons until her hair grows back! 😊

Alexa says 1cm = .3937in if that helps. So small, not that anything is too big for our Lord to manage. Wonderful news that no lesions were found in her brain!! 

Everyone, I’m sure understands that you ~ like most ~ will be busy making merry over the next few days. Enjoy! Wish I could sample a slice of your pie! Taking those boxes and the authors creative names over to Suz' now. Thank you for praying for her! We'll all be relaxing to some good reading together, thanks to dear MsLomo. 

I'm praying for Dawn's wellness, too and thankful she felt up to checking in here. 😍

Hello to Issy wherever you are! 🤗 Still shopping with Cleo and Camille? 

Merry Christmas to all ~ I’ll try to check back with you before NYE! 

Much Love,

~Joy ❤️

Trusted Contributor

🎶 Well, my bags are packed and I'm ready to go.. 🎶

Wanted to stop by and see you ladies before Tom arrives to pick me up. It's nice out for the drive to the country. Supposed to get warmer tomorrow and rain. Then cool down again. Snow is forecasted for next Friday and Sat. If so, I'll try to be home again before then. May try to check in here with my new Kindle after Christmas and see how it works. 

For certain, I'll have lots of new books to download to it now. Already reviewed by our MsLomo! Thank you, dear- I count those recommedations as a Christmas gift. They will keep me entertained through the winter and beyond. There is so little worth watching on TV. I can only send you my sincere thanks and love- with my wishes that you and your family are blessed with the joy and peace of this season. ❤️

Snappy, I'm glad it's cooler there and you can enjoy your warmer clothing. It must make it seem more like Christmas time, too. Good that Shirley is prepared with an array of head coverings before she finds a suitable wig. I imagine her poor scalp is cold with the sudden loss of her hair. Good too that she yet has her sense of humor! That's so important and will help her children cope, too. Have a wonderful time on Sunday and kiss YOUR baby for me. 

Hi, Dawn- HO, HO, HO a Merry Christmas back to you, dear! 

image.jpg

And to all our friends here! 😍

Lasting peace and goodwill, happiness and health.

With Love, 

Ruth Ann

Trusted Contributor

Hello and brightest blessings to all friends here on this Christmas Eve-eve! ❤️ Hope you are all about done with your preparations by now, and able to relax and enjoy this most special of all seasons. I am done and feeling a bit better from the cold I had. Running no more fever, thankfully. We don’t have any snow, but lots of rain today. Well, we needed it, so I won’t complain. We are on well water here and every inch helps. I have our Christmas dinner all planned out and have finished the cookie making and other desserts. Hooray! Time to sit back, watch our favorite holiday movies and look forward to the Candlelight Christmas Eve services at church tomorrow. 

@MsLomo - I also finished reading Tara Road! I couldn’t wait to dive in each night and it definitely left me longing for more. So thank you for providing just that with more from this delightful author, plus others of this same quality and writing style! I have never been so transported without leaving my house before. These “travels” will tide me over nicely until we can actually go! 👍 

@LurkyLoo - I hope you are enjoying yourself down on the farm! Smoky will be glad to have you back and to keep your feet warm in bed each night. I'll be excited to learn how well your new Kindle 10” works, even if it doesn’t improve things here. I may get one myself since big sales will be coming soon. Thanks for the John Denver reminder. I am corny enough to still love his music and I have his Christmas CD here somewhere. ❤️

@snappyfrappy - I bet you're baking away about now! I can almost smell pies from here. Hope the cool spell lasts a while there so your warmer clothes can get some use. It's actually warm here. I'm wearing jeans and a Christmas t-shirt in the house. I hope your oldest daughter is feeling stronger and up to enjoying your family get together tomorrow. It's so sad that Shirley's pets have to be displaced, as necessary as it is. I'm sure it weighs on her heart. I sure hope the cat is adopted by a loving and patient person. I'm giving thanks that the cancer hasn’t spread to her brain and praying the chemo rids her of it entirely. Enjoy your time with your precious great granddaughter! Glad your eye has cleared up as you'll be looking into hers. Baby's sweet, innocent eyes seem to say so much.....all precious and full of hope! 

Sending my best wishes for @Dawn01, @cute t, @Issy379 and all for a beautiful Christmas season! See you ladies again soon. 

0C42804A-A9E1-4959-8E7D-C7A80168AE44.jpeg

With love from Agnes ❤️

Trusted Contributor

image.jpg

❄️⛄️❄️ To Everyone! ❄️⛄️❄️

It's exactly 0° here on the mountain with over 20" of snow on the ground. Skies have cleared up, with more snow to come by Wed. I was called in to work yesterday for a few hours, so I'm still prepping in the kitchen. Nothing new for me, so all will understand if I don't complete everything. 

I really, really thank you @agnesann and @Rowan72 for the recipes! I did decide to combine the two by just adding a couple of ingredients from the first to the second. I'll put it all together this evening when we return from our candle light services. Glad you're feeling better, Agnes! 👍 At least it wasn't the flu. I've almost finished Tara Road, too. We can begin discussing it whenever you ladies like, AFAIC. I will follow @MsLomo's wise lead as I'm unsure exactly how many here are interested and where they are in the book thus far. My schedule has me not checking in as often as I'd like right now. I'm elated to read that some of these characters will turn up later in other books! Not wanting to entirely part with all of them. 😊

Have heard from @Q-Anu that thankfully the last of her CA family members have arrived there in TX. No one lost their home, but they are sick of the smoke, ash and soot. Her oldest sister's shop is especially a mess and will take weeks of professional clean up. Her husband's family have gone to his brother's near Phoenix for the holidays. All are well, TG. 

@WaJa61--Can't wait to tell you, though I've ran off your copy and dropped it in the mail Friday. . . My cousin-in-law, Colleen's heritage info with photos package arrived sooner than anticipated! I'm sure you'll enjoy learning even more and may want to connect with her and others online as discussed previously. You can think of it as an early birthday gift from my family to yours! Gram has also gathered further tidbits from her parish and will send them soon. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their time with family and loved ones today-tomorrow. Here's to all you fabulous friends! 

image.jpg

Slainté! (Cheers!) 

--Marcia ❤️🙏

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all the good news, Marcia! I have been offline for the most part. That eggnog looks so good, tho I am up to my elbows in boiled eggs. Letting them cool now before I devil them. (Why are they called "deviled" anyway?) 🙉

Woo, baby ... it's cold up there! Brrr!!! I wish it was colder and snowing (lightly) here, but it's drizzly and humid in the high 50s. Not missing ND yet, tho and doubt I will. I'm sending up prayers for your patients. Especially whomever was in crisis yesterday sending you to assist. It's a hard time of the year for so many. I can sometimes find myself grieving for what was a bit, even after all these years and with so many blessings to count and give thanks for. Then I try to refocus in prayer. After all this glorious season has nothing to do with me or my burdens, or my earthly happiness either. Far greater eternal meaning than anything else this life will ever dish up. Anoki (autistic child on the res') is a tremendous reminder of that! 😍 He sang out louder than anyone from the children's choir this morning. That alone made my heart sore in gladness! 

Wishing you, all of our friends here and their loved ones a most blessed and joyous season of lasting peace! -Selah ❤️

image.jpg

Trusted Contributor

E02A7741-8A72-4222-BD6F-2C95F66D559F.jpeg

Lots of Love to All From Our Home to Yours. 

Anu ❣️

Trusted Contributor

Merry Christmas with love and (((hugs)))!

Heart Heart Heart

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's religious.

Respected Contributor

Hi WaJa, thank you for your happy face. And all the news. I'm almost feeling like a normal person today. How do so much fun take so much out of someone who does nothing but enjoy? DD#2 is now the pumpkin pie maker. I'm glad to pass the torch. I did separate the eggs for her. It took me a long time to avoid getting even a speck of the yolk in with the whites...they won't make stiff peaks with even a dab.

I hope your DIL is getting better and that your family enjoyed a wonderful Christmas together. We had a great time. Of course the baby was absolutely darling. The child can't take a bad picture. She was passed around and just graciously suffered it all. She likes music and really pays attention to me when I sing to her. I gave her the Gospel again.

My sister is to have treatment 2 tomorrow. They are going to give her shots to boost her immune system so she won't get sick this time. She is still at her daughter's house and will remain there until Saturday. Then they will pick up the dogs and take her home, unless something arises that they don't expect.

The kitty had to be put to sleep. They were told that she was too old and too introverted to be adoptable.

So she's down to 4 cats and says she won't give up anymore of them.

The baby's mom makes ear warmers and my sis asked me to see if she will make one for her that will cover more of her head and have a big bow on the top. She said she would.

DD#1 says her blood pressure is coming up and there is no more apparent evidence (I'll spare you the details) of occult blood, so she thinks her body is making more blood.

I know she sees the doctor sometime this week. The one where she left her rings which were stollen. BTW, she now has an absolutely gorgeous new set that sparkles way more than the other one.

DD#2 and I had a quiet day here yesterday. Slept late, had brunch around 1. Sat in our jammies under warm lap blankets I got from the Q.

Happy new year to you and yours.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi Lurky, hope you had a wonderful time with Tom and his family, and that the weather was such that you could stay as long as you wanted to.

We had a very nice day on Sunday. The baby isn't part of our "draw a name" routine, and she made out like a bandit. LOTS of new clothing which she needs since she's growing fast. She sits up alone and plays with her toys. She rolls over and scoots, but doesn't crawl as yet. She will be 6 months old on Friday. What a doll baby.

I downloaded Tara Road on my Kindle for reading when I feel like it. Also got one of Ravi Zacharias's today. Found him on the Hillsong Channel. SO deep. It's wonderful. Where have I been all these years that I didn't know about him?

Our house looks like Christmas has come and gone. DD#2 gave me a beautiful plaque that is also a holder for several photos. Many meaningful things. She's out now looking for a new comforter and mixing bowls. Ours are ancient and chipping.

Enjoy the week and have a very happy new year.

snappy Smiley Happy