Respected Contributor

Dear Lurky, I told the doctor about how much you helped me. Sometimes I think they believe we know more than we do so they don't want to overload us with information, and maybe that's true for some people. As for me, I always do better when I know the facts pleasant or not. I'm encouraged to know I could live much longer than I thought. She spoke about how I haven't needed to be hospitalized and I told her I had no intention of ever being. But, she knows that if I get to the place where I can't breathe, I'll have to go.

So I am determined to do whatever I can to prevent that. DD told her that the hospital where I have to go is rated anywhere between C and F. That got the doctor's attention, but she can't change the insurance rules. We have no hospital in our city.

I'm sorry the weather is so hard on your RA and hope you are having a better day than yesterday. Wouldn't it be fun if the KS girls did come your way for their next reunion?

Oh my, you would be in your element.

I also pray that Martha will be able to go home soon. You are so right about hospitals being dangerous places to be. Sometimes there's nothing else and people have to be there, but it's better to be at home.

Thank you for being here,

snappy Heart

Oh PS everyone, my SIL got a job as a teller for their credit union. Three days a week and he is in training right now! A major blessing.

Valued Contributor

Hi Snappy, good to see you here today.  Love the baby putting her headband over her eyes.  What a genius.  My friend's baby, Elija just turned one year old.  At his birthday party, when he was sitting at the table in his high chair, his mother put his birthday cake in front of him.  Of course, he reached his little hand for the cake.  So the mother put the cake farther away on the table.  Guess what he did?  He takes the table cloth and pulls the cake to him.  He is also a little problem solver.  He isn't walking yet.  He crawls and pulls up and holds on to things.  I think that he still likes to be carried.  Why walk, when someone else can carry you around!  He will "get it" soon, though.

I am very pleased that your family is taking such good care of you and have your best interests at heart.  You mentioned that we don't really know each other.  I think that we do.  The descriptions of places and stories that we tell about our lives are very vivid to me.  I can just imagine you sitting at "command central", etc.

We have been together for a long time, and I hope to enjoy our "chats" for a long time to come.  Take care, dear one.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy and Issy and Good to see you here to Chat.. Yes these Babies grow up so fast and they do such Cute Things.My Hubby and i spent the Day with our DD she is such a JOY, and Up Lifting.. and Doing Good.. tomorrow Morning my Hubby and i our heading to the Baby shower.. they our Serving Breakfast.. so we went and Picked up Doughnuts.. as fresh..

Our Grocery Store here has been a Family Business I G A for 80 plus Years and it recently SOLD, as the Owner wanting to Retire.. they own 3 stores in different towns so the Son will take those over and the SAV A Lot store here.. !! Sure will be Different...

Well Ladies we were in the 30's here this Morning but Sunny today...I shall sign off and Good Night to All of YOU..

Trusted Contributor

HAPPY Veterans Day To All Veterans Past And Present !! GOD BLESS ALL !! for keeping Us Safe.. and Free..

Respected Contributor

Dear Lurky, you're more than welcome, and whatever device you decide on; I wouldn't base it much at all on performance here. The canned, maladaptive software since the "upgrade" is the culprit. No clue why it was used on a giant retail site. Especially on the shopping side where it matters most to profit margins. I've even tested with the Window's desktop from work and my new, fully updated MacBook laptop at home and it's just as problematic. Online shopping is supposed to be more convenient, not a constant frustration. That's why I rarely shop, read and post here anymore. Too many easier and so much more enjoyable options available. Not that they care, obviously. 😜 But I would choose a device that best suits your needs and lifestyle overall. You won't find one that always works seamlessly here, unless they decide to actually upgrade to improve functionality.

After we've all had time to discuss the next get together and browse accommodations, etc... I will write you. I'm already excited about the possibility! A cookout sounds good to me. 😍 Let the guys grill, the children play and we will gab the day away!

I saw Anu briefly on FT last night. Thankfully that awful swelling is nearly gone now! After this round of antibiotics, they should be able to complete the root canal. She appreciates the prayers so much!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving at Tom's! I hope his wife can give you some good gift ideas. Men are harder to buy for, but then... I'm not sure why that is. Most of those in my life aren't picky in the least. More practical and easy-going. I'm sure he'll appreciate whatever you surprise him with under the tree. Hope you're having a better, less painful day today.

~Joy 💜

Respected Contributor

Hi, Issy!! 🙋 You said it... Our Poldark show needs MsLomo's classy creativity in the worst kind of way. The toads were funny for a minute, considering Georgie is all too reptilian himself. But now they've buried the fun and feisty Aunt Agatha after depriving her of her birthday party. I literally gagged when Morwenna was forced to marry the sick and twisted "vicar," but I'm hopeful her spirited sister and Drake will rescue her. Blink and you miss it with all these incredibly fertile women... Is Morweena pregnant already and who is the daddy? Is poor Verity's husband dead or just lost at sea? I confess I often doze off, since nothing so bores me as the constant contrived love triangles... and yes, Ross and his brooding, almost messiah-complex. Seems the current writers of too many series have latched onto the anti-hero leads and it's become tiresome and entirely too dark for my taste.

I so enjoyed reading about your friend's baby boy and the cake: "Gimme dat!" 😂 Another problem-solver, for sure! They certainly keep us on our toes and really, who needs TV with the little ones around to entertain us?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

~Joy 💜

Respected Contributor

Dear Snappy, it's always such a pleasure to visit with you! Feels like coming home again, when I can get here. I agree with Issy... nothing odd or unfamiliar about the relationships so richly and deeply bonded here over the years. TEN ~ wow! That is a milestone to celebrate when MsLomo returns and has recovered from her surgery (if necessary). I think that any time and any way people can come together in love and support is a special blessing. I guess at 56, I am too old to give much care to what critics may think or say, if I ever did. I just cherish the time spent in good company whenever and however possible. How better to use the internet?

I think I have known you for about only half as long, but I honestly do feel that I not only genuinely know you, but I love you. The spirit isn't limited by miles or technicalities, especially when being drawn. You nailed it; we all need to feel useful and there is no better purpose under God than to Love. Everyone here expresses that beautifully in their own unique way. What a gift!

I am chuckling away at your adorable GGD! She is either self-actualizing, or warming up for her big opera debut!! Complete with blowing kisses to all her adoring fans. 😘Problem-solving with confidence will take one further than almost anything in this world. Perfect foundation to build upon and we could all take a lesson from these uninhibited, pre-jaded babes who rejoice at just BEING. I'm so thankful that her mommie sends you all the pics and vids, though I know there is nothing like holding, kissing and breathing them in.

I see so many grandparents and great-grandparents along our weekly charity route that are so devoid of family connections. Needless to say, we wouldn't need to be there otherwise. It's heartbreaking to witness the forgotten, regardless of the reasons... and I know, that many times the reasons are many and mutually painful. Nothing will fill that void completely, but I sometimes take one or both of the grandkids along to visit. It's good for them too, to learn of giving and compassion through example and experience, rather than just words. Some, of course can't enjoy children, but do like a little time spent with our oldest female dog who is so patient and sweet natured. Meet them where they are.

I thank you for the sincere compliment and I return it to you tenfold, since yours is one of the most generous spirits I'm honored to know. I personally feel more rewarded through these tiny efforts than all the other "work" combined. Often I believe I see a glimpse of our merciful Lord in the eyes of these precious souls.

Thank you for being excited for our upcoming Ireland trip! We so appreciate DeLaney and her family's generosity and I'll finally be meeting some of my maternal grandmother's distant kin!! I wonder if I will see her in any of them... It was her pure and simple faith that first awakened a spark within me as a child. Otherwise, I may have wandered even more so with the ever-changing Zeitgeist in my youth. No roots or anchor there. I'll always be thankful for her humble, steady example, and I can't wait to see the little village her family called home. I realize it will have changed a great deal, but just to stand there ~ absorb it ~ and visit the graves will be very special to me.

Bless you, dear friend... and as cute sweetly reminds us; God bless all of our veterans this day and always! 🇺🇸

~Joy 💜

Respected Contributor

Hi Issy, love little Elija's "smarts". Sometimes we have to improvise. He sounds smart.

For sure he will be walking around by himself pretty soon. They are so much fun to watch.

Everything is new and they seem to tickle themselves with what they find out they can do.

I'm so glad Gs's wife sends me little videos. Often the quality isn't very good, but I enjoy them anyway. I have a Galaxy 3, so you can see I probably should upgrade and get better quality. Maybe soon.

When I say we don't really know each other, I meant that we haven't met in person. I completely agree that we do know one another in the ways that matter. Maybe better since we aren't distracted by physical appearances. We know "hearts".

I'm so praying that MsLomo gets great news and care. She's one of the originals.

I love to read what she writes. A gift for sure.

Is it cooler up there today? The weatherman said it will warm up for the weekend. It's sunny here and I think around 70.

Great to hear from you.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, cute, so glad you were able to be with your DD, and that she is doing well. I know your heart is blessed when you see her.

I'm sure you had a great time at the baby shower. Oh, fresh donuts!! Yummy.

I say away from them, but do like the glazed ones and crullers. Oh yes. Hubby loved his donuts. One day he left us a note saying "gone to donut shop". DD laminated it and it's on the fridge. So when we miss him we say he's at the donut shop.

I don't recognize the names of the grocery stores in your town, but I hope the change in ownership doesn't adversely affect you. We have a Sprouts in town now. DD has gone there twice. It's a big store and it takes time to find the things you want, but there's a lot of delicious goodies there. She's off to Trader Joes right now. Glad for 3 day weekends now and then. Soon enough it will be Thaksgiving vacation and then Christmas won't be far behind.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi WaJa, it's a completely "Joy" to see you here and read your wonderful words.

I can see it's hard for many of you to post here. I use my HP laptop and have no real problems at all. Except when things just vanish into thin air for no apparent reason.

Sometimes they "load" and other times they are just gone.

I do all my shopping on line with my Kindle Fire. It's so much more user friendly and faster. One clidk....can be trouble there,of course.

Almost all my Christmas shopping is done. Just some gift cards to purchase.

Haven't started decorating the house yet, but that will happen soon.

I completely agree that the "spirit" connection we have has nothing whatever to do with whether or not we ever meet in person in this life, and it's eternal. How great is that!!!

I love you also, Joy. DD decorates her rooms with all things JOY. It's her word. Mine is "glory". Ever since I learned that word involves dimension, and color and worth, it's had my attention. DD gave me charms that spell the word, and I wear them on a chain around my neck. "And the glory of the Lord will be revealed"...from "Messiah". All too wonderful to even imagine in this world.

We will all be right there with MsLomo and pray all goes well and rejoice when she is able to post again. She has a writing gift which she uses in her career, and here.

Loved the "spoilers" she sometimes posts. Always get a laugh from them. We love her very much.

I recall that you took Gracie along sometimes when you visited the shut ins and the needy and I think it's a wonderful thing to help them realize how many people there are who live in isolation either by choice or circumstances. You are so kind to do that.

I can hardly wait to see hear the Lord commend you and reward you for your manifest love in His Name. We will all rejoice on that day. I can't imagine not having my family.

There are 4 generations of us now. I had DD take a picture of me with my son, his son, and his little baby girl.

She really is darling and smart and learning her capabilities. The latest little video has her shreiking with what I hope is joy. No tears or anger, just "listen to what I can do".

And the lip smacking...oh my. You are spot on...about breathing them in. I wish her parents understood how much that matters to me, but can't complain. It takes 2 hours to get from here to there.

Loved reading about little Elija's way of getting his cake....a smart little guy.

I'm so excited for you and do hope you get to see and experience all you want while in Ireland. So grateful for your grandmother's faith which the Spirit of God used to draw you to Himself. Humble souls who may be the ones rewarded in the Kingdom.

My grandmother was raised in a cult, but she didn't try to speak to me about their beliefs or make me take part in any way. But, the Lord had His hand on me from my early days in an amazing way and He wouldn't have allowed me to be swallowed up by it.

Thank you for your prayers and many gracious words. Not worthy...all the glory goes to the Lord. But being encouraged in the faith does matter. It keeps us keeping on knowing that He is working in us and that's what we desire.

Enjoy your weekend, and yes, thanks to all the Vets. Hubby was one. Air Force during WW2.

Hope to see you again soon.

snappy Heart