Valued Contributor

Well, hello, Bathina:

This is such a nice surprise to see you here.  I, too, was having a hard signing in for a while because I had forgotten my password, etc.  So glad that you were persistent.  I always mention you in my shout outs.

My, how the time flies.  I remember "little Hal" with such fondness and his kindu.  My nephew just turned 11 years old this month, and he is technically savvy--he excells in math and science.  Just like his dad.  I remember telling everyone here about him when he was born.  I am so glad that we have been able to stay in touch with each other.  Everyone in my family is fully vaccinated except for my 11 year old nephew.  Guess that he will have to wait just a little while longer.  His big sister just graduated from high school this June and is off to college in the fall.

I haven't shopped much since the pandemic started.  It was just too much trouble, and I can't keep that face mask on for very long.  I went to the bank this past Monday, and they don't require that customers wear face masks if you have been fully vaccinated.  All of the tellers were not wearing masks.  I guess that they will use the honor system or maybe you will have to show your vaccination card.

So, we are experiencing a heat wave in my neck of the woods, with over 100 degree temps every day.  I pretty much stay out of the heat.  My friend, Simone, who owned the wig shop has moved out of our building, and one of the other ladies, Cleo that owned the vintage boutique said that she is coming back in July.  The businesses are opening up again but it is a slow process.  

So, it was great to hear from you, and don't be a stranger.

Trusted Contributor

Wow! It's a happy day, bath!  @JamandBread

Hal!

Kindu!

Gamer room -- nicely done, Hal. Smiley Wink

I'm running now, but I want you to know how glad I am to see you here again and to know that all is well with you and your family.

I hope you will not stop working if you enjoy it. BUT, does your DH have a plan for the two of you that he might persuade you to get excited about? Maybe you could cut back your hours to part-time so you'd have more time to do things together? Big decision.

I sure wish I had your email address (or a PM function here or at HSN).

I'm curious about the name of your favorite movie!

Welcome back! Heart

Trusted Contributor
Well, hello Issy and Mslomo! Iss- i have noticed over the years your consistent shout outs on this thread. Everytime i see one it makes my day knowing Im remembered. What has it been? At least a decade we've "known" each other. Yes, I do remember you talking about your nephew, though he was a baby last I checked. 11 years old already. He and Hal could be buddies. My entire family is also vaxed, except Hal, but he'll get it as soon as its available for under 12. I was up at midnight signing up for an appointment as soon as the online system opened up. Nearly 90% in my area are vaxed. A huge accomplishment. Im not wearing mask anymore to shop and run errands (unless of course the establishment requires 😷). I have kept up with the comings and goings of your office building! I hope your friend returns with another boutique of goodies.
MsLomo, ill let you think about my favorite movie related to my new nickname....its a timeless, classic. I know it'll come to you. Until next time. So long, farewell, to you and you and you 😉
Goodbye.....
Goodbye.....
Goooooodbyyyyyyyyyye 🎶
Valued Contributor

Hello, JamandBread........now, you have given us something to think about in connection to your nickname.  Maybe MsLomo will come up with the answer because my mind has gone blank on the subject.

I am glad that your family is fully vaxed.  I have a friend whose employer mandated that everyone be vaccinated, and she refused for private medical reasons.  Well.......unfortunately, they parted ways.  I didn't think that  a company could institute such a policy but apparently, they can without penalty from the government.  So now, my friend is looking for another job.  I hope that she will find something soon but still, it made me sad.  

About the goings on in my building.......the gym has opened back up, and a little clothing boutique.  Simone (wig shop) will open at a new locaiton next year.  She is taking a year off to assess her options.  It is very fortunate that she can do that.

Yes, I announced the birth of my nephew on the "other" forum years ago.  So, Hal is just one year younger.  Hal is such an endearing youngster, and I know that he keeps you busy.  

So.......take care.

Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo.........well, I just keep plugging away, although we are experiencing a heat wave right now.  It just drains all of my energy.

I almost got "scammed" last Friday.  A person called me and said that my utilities were about to be shut off due to "non-payment".   The scammer said that the company had sent me several letters  and to call a certain number and ask for Extension 107.  I thought that was odd because I had paid my utility bill, and still I started thinking that maybe my account was not credited corrrectly, and I hadn't received any "letters".  He was very authentic sounding.  Nevertheless, I didn't call the number.  I have heard of this scam before but he had me going for a minute.  You have to be so careful these days.

Simone sent me a text.  She is doing fine and just enjoying her family.  She has stopped stressing over her business and the pandemic.  It was smart of her to shut down and just take special orders. I am happy that she is able to do that.  Another tenant has moved into her old spot across the street but I can't see what it is because the drapes are closed.  I think that it is a clothing boutique, which would be nice.

Well, I hope that everything is going well with you.  Take care, and come back soon.  Enjoy the weekend.

Trusted Contributor

@JamandBread 

@Issy379 

Great clues, JamandBread.

And a big "Doh!" from me! (Clue)

"Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start ... " (Clue)

Answer:

Spoiler
"The Sound of Music"! "Do Re Me"!

P.S. That was fun!

P.P.S. You are so right, Issy. There are scams all day long -- online, phone calls, texts, ugh.

Trusted Contributor

Haha! I knew you would get it. You were probably 16 going on 17 when that movie came out? Smiley Wink

Issygirl, If your friend had a legit medical reason for not getting the shot, I'm sorry her workplace was not more accomodating. In general though, I do not believe the government should mandate any medical procedures, I believe that private industry can and should make whatever rules they need to keep their employees and customers safe. More opinion here...if you work in healthcare and you are not willing to get the jab, you shouldn't be working in healthcare. I completely agree with the hospital that let go 150+ employees. Every choice has a consequence. I'm pretty baked into this opinion after the last year of horrors.

No July 4th plans this year. We are very laid back these days. Fish on the grill and a dip in the river are all we need to celebrate. We had Hal overnight this weekend and he asked if he could come back next weekend, which of course we agreed to. 

Tonight is my favorite night of the week. Us is on PBS. A 4 part series run on 2 cosecutive Sundays. Have you watched?

Trusted Contributor

@JamandBread 

@Issy379 

I hadn't heard of "Us," but I just watched it on my laptop at PBS.com! Very amusing and sweet. 

Spoiler
I'm up to the part where they decide whether they're going home "tomorrow' or to Amsterdam. They've decided Amsterdam. 

Fish on the grill and a dip in the river? Sign me up, please!

I loved that song, "I am 16, going on 17" and used to sing it a lot around the house. Yes, I was very close to being exactly that age! Fast-forward many years later: DH and I (before DS) were in Salzburg, Austria, and happened to visit where "The Sound of Music" was filmed. 

I do remember when your nephew was born, Issy. I didn't realize it was as many as 11 years ago. Hard to believe that both your nephew and Hal are going to be teenagers in 2 years. (What??) 

Trusted Contributor

@MsLomo I watched the last 2 episodes of Us last night on PBS. Have to admit, my eyes leaked a little. I know so many who could relate to Connie and Douglas. I have been into British shows lately and have watched so much Netflix and Prime during the pandemic. Loved a comedy series called Boomers. Grace and Frankie is one of my favorites and can't wait for the new season. 

It is very hard to believe that Hal and Issy's nephew are pre-teens. Time moves at a scary pace, doesn't it?

I meant to answer about my hubby retiring and me continuing to work. I am already working part time- enough hours to keep the health insurance, though. I can't really cut much more because I'll lose that benefit. We talked about paying it on our own for a few years until Medicare, but the annual premium out of pocket is too much for me to bear! I'll just keep working for now. My company has a really good plan at an extremely reasonable rate. 

Nice to "see" you MsLomo. I hope you'll finish up Us and let me know what you thought about the ending Smiley Happy

p.s. Lucky YOU getting to visit Salzburg! It is on my bucket list to go and do the SOM tour. 

Valued Contributor

Hello, MsLomo.......how are you doing?  I know that everyone is super busy these days.  I received a jury duty notice at the beginning of July.  I was suppose to report on August 2nd but those groups were dismissed.  Whew......I was happy because the parking around the courthouse is horrendous not to mention having to walk a country mile and social distancing and wearing a face mask.  in my area, face masks have again been mandated when entering a building, even if you are vaccinated.  I just spoke to a friend, and he said that he got covid, even though he was fully vaxed.  This thing is really scary.

Vaccinations have picked up again at the community center next to my office building.  But the parking is a litle better because there are not as many people now.  Not like it was before when there was a line going around the block.  It was actually very frightening.  Anyway, I wonder if my friend who was terminated because she wouldn't get vaccinated has a different outlook now..  So many companies are making it a requirement for employment.  I see a court battle coming........I am just glad that I am vaccinated.  

Speaking of scary----someone tried to scam me.  A girl called up and said "how are you" and I said fine and how about yourself.  She said that you don't know who this is, and I said "no".  This is your granddaughter.  Well..........I let her talk, and then she said that she had been in a car accident and wasn't doing too well, and then, I said, I know that this is a scam because I do not have children or grandchildren.  She very promptly hung up the phone.  They will then ask you for money if they think that they had a pigeon......honestly, the nerve of some people.

Remember "Little Lijah"?  Well, he was slated to start kindergarten but his dad pulled him out because they have had an outbreak of the  virus at that school district.  He will  be five years old in October and he is already reading.

I talked to Simone (the wig lady), and she is doing well.  She still does special orders for her customers but she hasn't opened up at a new location.  She feels that there will be another shut down.  I don't know but I certainly see her point.  Cleo, the vintage shop owner downstairs from my office is opening back up soon.  She told me the other day that she has some new designer purses that have my name on it.  

Hello, Snappy.  I hope that you and your daughter are doing okay.  We miss you so much.  Hello, Selah, Lurky, Delaney, Cute, Rowan, NAES, Agnes, QAnu.

A special "hello" to JamandBread.  How are you doing?  Hope that all is well in your neck of the woods.  I think about Hal all of the time, and my how they grow up so fast.  

CHEERS........