Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hey, MsLomo.......thanks for stopping by.  Yes, I am very aware of falling.  About three years ago, I fell walking out of the front door of our office building.  I had my hands full, and as I opened up the glass door and stepped outside, the rubber mat that is outside, moved and I went flying down on the sidewalk.  I didn't know what was happening; I turned my head to the side to keep from knocking out my teeth.  My left cheekbone hit the pavement.  

A lady across the street saw me fall and came over and lifted me up.  By that time, my cheekbone was starting to swell up.  I had to go to emergency.  Luckily.......nothing was fractured but the left side of my face was swollen up to twice the normal size.  I looked like Charles Laughton in that movie, the Hunchback of Notre Dame.  It was awful.  

BTW.......I do remember that you and your neighbor used to walk just about every day.  I know that you miss her.  Speaking of friends, Simone sent me a text today.  She is doing well and just spending time with her family.  She has a backyard project---having a home/office built.  Apparently, she has a lot of space.  I know that it will be furnished beautifully, as she always has a flair for the unusual.  She said that she is off to TJMaxx. 

I haven't done any shopping at all.  I just got gas this morning, and went into the post office for stamps, and the man in front of me was complaining because his package wasn't there, although he didn't have a tracking number, etc.   He stood there for at ten minutes arguing with the postal worker.  I felt sorry for her because there isn't anything that she could do.  He finally left in a huff.  By that time.......I was annoyed.

Hello, Snappy.  I hope that you are doing well and in not much pain.  Remember Dr. Eye Candy?  Those were the days.  I am so happy that your daughter is with you.  I guess that you can look after each other.

Hello, Bathina, Selah, Rowan, Agnes, QAnu, Lurky and Delaney.  Hi, Hilo......I hope that you are doing okay.

Hi, Cute........we miss you.  You always used to stop by to tell us about Daylight Savings Time.  Hope that you are doing okay.

Take care, everyone.  Until next time.........

Valued Contributor

Hello, MsLomo.......how are you doing?  Hope that everything is okay with you and you are still keeping your balance and healing nicely.  I am trying to be careful, too. 

You won't believe what happened to me at work today.  I got locked in the ladies room.  I had noticed for the last week or so that the door knob was kind of off center when you unlock it to get out of the bathroom.  Well.....today, I unlocked the door and pushed down the lever but it wouldn't open.  The lock wouldn't turn.  I began to panic but luckily, I had my cell phone with me.  I called one of the guys in the office but he didn't answer.  I called another person, and he answered and tried to get me out to no avail.  Finally, he had to use a hammer and chisel to break the lock.  By then my heart was beating very fast.  Don't we have enough stuff to worry about???

Otherwise, things are okay in my neck of the woods.  The weather has been really nice with no chance of rain.  It is going to be super hot this summer. 

Hello, Snappy.......hope that you are doing okay.  I know that it is hard for you to log in, etc. but I hope that you can come back soon to let us know how you and your family are doing.

Hello, Cute.....we miss you, too.  Hi, Bathina, Agnes, QAnu, Selah, Delaney, Rowan, Lurky, GardenMama.....hope that everyone is doing okay.    A special hello to Hilo.  How are you doing.  Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Issy, nice to see your post. I understand your reaction when you were locked in the bathroom! So uncomfortable. It's like an automatic PANIC reaction. It has happened to me a couple of times -- elevator abruptly stopped between floors when I lived in a highrise apartment. Staring at a solid brick wall and a section of floor and carpet where the elevator should have stopped -- and wanting to jump up and crawl through that section! My palms get sweaty just thinking about it. I'm so glad you were finally able to get help to get out, but trying to reach someone to help had to feel frantic. Yes, we have ENOUGH to worry about, thank you very much! 😟

I am glad you're continuing to watch for hazards. I am trying to be conscious of where I'm walking. I am getting much better at not "darting off" impulsively, and I won't wear shoes with soles that stick to ANYthing. 

I bought the HSN TS Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Mini Multi Cooker and received it last night. The red is a great color. I'm following the directions to wash it before the first use, but I can't get the underside of the lid apart to wash the heat shield. So, I've appealed to others in another Curtis Stone Mini Multi Cooker thread (in the "Kitchen" section) for advice. I am afraid to force it and break it, but I can't wait to use it. So much better for rice, soup, etc., than dragging out a big pot or pan.  

The weather here has been beautiful. I walk a minimum of one mile every other day. My walking buddy is gone, and I miss her terribly. There are other people to walk with, but their focus, as I've discovered, is social interaction. So, when other neighbors pass, everyone stops to gab.This is not in my exercise plan, and I think I've made myself clear on that, hopefully not too rudely. 😬 I'm learning not to accept walking invitations from a "walker-gabber" or someone who needs more than me to talk to while walking! 😞

I've had both my Covid shots -- everyone in my family has -- and it's nice to be able to sit and talk -- no masks! YAY! No smeared lipstick! I'm getting to where I don't like the feeling of a mask, especially the fabric ones after I've inserted a filter. Feels like I'm about to need resuscitation. I've learned to use the paper ones. 

Oh my, Issy, you mentioned GardenMama. That takes us way back, doesn't it.

I'm happy to hear that you are recovering. Lots has happened, and I hope everyone is hanging in. Glad you are!

Valued Contributor

Hello, MsLomo......thanks for stopping by to chat.  As far as getting locked in the bathroom.........I did want to panic but I held myself together.  Thank goodness, I brought my purse with me so that I could call for help on my cell phone.  I very seldom leave my purse in the office.  Another friend said that I was lucky.   What if there was a fire or an earthquake.  She is right because the bathroom window is very small (not big enough for me to squeeze thru)  and besides that, it has bars on the window.  

I received my first covid shot last Wednesday, and I go back on May 19th for the second shot.  My left arm felt like I had a mosquito bit, and a slight redness but that was it.  Now, I hear that the second shot is usually tougher to tolerate.  I got my shot next door to where I work.  In the beginning, there were lines stretching around the block but now, things seem to be running smoothly.  It only took about five minutes.

I must say that I missed coming here to wish Snappy a happy birthday.  I, also, celebrated my birthday on April 27th.  I had a nice birthday.....a special lobster dinner and a cake.  A friend of mine sent me an Ecard with Shaquille O'Neal saying happy birthday to me. (Americangreetings.com)  It freaked me out.  Very cool.

So, hello, Snappy Lady.  Hope that you had a nice birthday.  We miss you.  Hello, Cute, Bathina, Hilo, Selah, Agnes, QAnu, Lurky, Rowan, Delaney and all of the wonder people who post here.

Cheers.......until next time.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Issy,

Wishing you a Belated Happy Birthday! And to Snappy, too! I'm glad you had a nice celebration -- lobster dinner? Oh yes!

We all used to be so "on top" of birthdays, and Cute t would post about the time change, too. But this past year ... well, what can I say. Time seems to be whizzing by, but maybe it's because I'm "older" that it feels that way.

I'm glad you got your first shot. I got both of mine. After the second one, my arm was more sore than after the first shot, and I had a little dizziness and a weird feeling that my eyeball muscles were sore (weird, I know) when I moved my eyes. Other than that, it was nothing, and I'm very happy I got the shots. I still wear a mask at the grocery store, but I feel calmer in general. Life seems to be more normal these days, thankfully.

Thank goodness you brought your purse and phone into the bathroom! I do that, too. I never leave my purse anywhere, not for a second. I remember years ago, my friend told me she left her purse on a chair at a restaurant when she got up for a minute to get something from the salad bar. It was gone when she returned to the table. (That has stuck with me.)

I'm glad to wish you a Happy Birthday before too much time goes by!

Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo........thanks for always stopping by to check up on us.  Well, the night before I was scheduled to get my second covid shot, my brother's car that I was a passenger in, was rear ended.  My brother, SIL and I were coming back from a birthday celebration, and his car was rear ended.  We were stopped at a red light, and of course, I was in the back seat.  That was a huge "jolt", and at first I didn't know what was happening.  Don't we have enough to worry about?  We were all okay, but my joints felt achy.

So, the next day,I got my second covid shot, and it was a bit different.  My joints felt a little achy, and I was super tired.  So, I didn't go to work.  Just rested, and then, it was okay.  I am glad that the ordeal is over with but I am still going to wear my mask when I am in public.  I can tolerate the mask much better now but I still don't like it.

I talked to Simone, and she is doing fine.  Simply chilling out until things open up a little more.  She does still take special orders for wigs.  I haven't done any shopping in a very long time.  It is too much of a hassle.

Hello, Snappy.  Hope that you are doing well.  Hi, Cute, we miss you, too.  Greetings to Hilo, Bathina, Selah, Rowan, Agnes, QAnu, Lurky, Delaney, and NAES.  

Just going to chill out for the Memorial Day Weekend.  Trying to stay safe and out of harm's way.  

Happy Memorial Day.

Respected Contributor

Hi friends,

I almost never think about posting on line anymore, but tonight I have you on my mind. Issy, you have had so many accidents in recent months, and here you are! So thankful. 

I'm really out of touch with most things. Can't watch the news anymore. Buying way too many things to wear. Have to give away last years perfectly fine clothing in order to fit the new ones in the closet, and my arms are so sore, and hurt when I try to hang anything on the rod. MsLomo, grateful you are here.

I had my shots in February and March. No sore arm or anything with the first one, just a little bit with the second, but I was more tired for a few days.

Both my daughters got theirs, but my son and his wife don't intend to. Nor my grandkids. 

We still have to wear masks inside. Tomorrow is the day our governor had said the state would open, but he's up and down so don't know how it will go. I'm almost never away from home. An occasional in person doctor visit where we all wear masks and some face shields. 

On July 3rd, there is a birthday party scheduled for Star who will be 4, and Sunny who will be 3. Each of them has a baby sister. Star's is 19 months and is having PT for several things, like walking and speech. Sunny's sister is almost 4 months old, turning over by herself now. I've only seen them each once this year. Am praying we will be able to be together and get pictures of me with all of them.

I'm 87 now, so we can't keep saying "we'll" do it soon". 

I'm grateful for DD#2 who is retired and really my caregiver now. Her plate is full. 

Hi to Cute, all the KS ladies and anyone who posts or reads here. God bless and keep each of you.

snappy 

Spoiler
Heart
Valued Contributor

Hello, dearest Snappy.  I am so glad that you took the time to post here today.  I do miss your daily updates but know that things have changed.  Everyone in my family has been vaccinated, and that is a relief.  Also, the people in my office are all vaxed.  Although our governor has opened up the state, it is still confusing in some instances--wearing a mask, etc.  I am glad that the Covid shots didn't effect you too badly.  I, too, was really tired the next day and didn't go to work.

We are all so busy these days and scattered all over the place.  I have been spending a lot of time with my brother and SIL.  I haven't done much shopping--just the essentials like makeup.  I remember the good old days when you were off to see Dr. Eye Candy, etc.  I am so glad that you have your daughter with you.  That is a genuine blessing.

It is wonderful hearing about your beautiful family, and I can't believe that Star is 4 years old.  My, how the time flies.  One of my nieces just turned 18 years old and graduated from high school last week.  We were not able to attend, unfortunately, but we saw it live on YouTube, which was really cool.  

I heard from Simone---the wig shop owner.  She is doing fine.  Just taking a year off before she gets a new place to have her store.  She is very stylish, and I know that wherever she goes, the new boutique will be beautiful.

Hello, MsLomo.  How are things going with you?  Hope that you are doing okay and staying healthy.  The community center next door to my office building is still vaccinating people but the initial rush of people ihas been reduced quite a bit.  I can find a parking space now!

Hello, Cute, we miss you.  Hi to Bathina, Qanu, Agnes, Selah, Rowan, Lurky, NAES and Delaney.  Hope that one day some of you will come back to visit.  Until then.........take care.

Trusted Contributor

@snappyfrappy 

@Issy379 

@HiLo 

What a nice feeling to see your posts and/or "hearts" and know that you are still "around," even though everyday life has changed so much for all of us.

How about when Cute t would alert us to "spring forward" and "fall back" time changes, and she'd make a pineapple (or was it apricots) upside-down cake for her husband's birthday each year, and the guys at his work would be crazy about it. Snappy, as Issy said, you'd be telling us about Dr. Eye Candy, and we'd be "in your pockets" to and from your appointments. (I wonder, where Dr. Eye Candy is today?) Issy, you'd be picking up some gorgeous jacket or topper (at an unbelievable sale price), or going to Santa Barbara on a getaway with Mr. 6'2.

Snappy, did the pest-control company finally get rid of the ants? (I like ants, but not in my dishwasher and all over my kitchen!)

It's nice to "go out" now without intense anxiety and fear. There's still fear, but not the high-intensity kind of last year.

I still think about meeting at a Marie Callender's restaurant and having chicken pot pie. (I imagine that they'll be able to make me a low-sodium version! Uh, sure, lol.) Whenever I pass by them in the grocery-store freezer case, I think of all of us. 

Lois, how are you, and how is your family?

Heart to all

Trusted Contributor
Hello hello-ers!
It's bath! It's been so long i no longer have a password or valid email address, so my new name will have to do. It is a nod to my favorite movie of all time. Glad to see everyone plugging along and HEALTHY aside from the pesky problems we have as we age. I held my breath for the entirety of 2020. Only 1 person in my family got sick and he pulled through. Others were not so lucky. Hal has just finished 5th grade. He is 10. Time sure does fly. No more Kindu. He's got a gamer room now. I roll my eyes, but try to stay open to all the new things a new generation brings. Hope to remain relevant in his life for years. I can see him detaching though he's super close to my daughter. Hubby is thinking about retiring. I dont want to stop working. Therein lies a dilema.
Shout out to all the helloers who have kept this thread moving for years!