Valued Contributor

Hello to everyone.  Just checking in.  It has been such a long time since my last post.  I am doing well.......still on the mend.  

The terrible fires seem to be under control now, and that was such a horrible experience, even though I was not in the fire zone, the smole drifted our way and it was hard to breathe.  Air quality was terrible.  I remember that one morning at 6:00 a.m., the sky had a bright orange glow, and then it turned dark at around 9:00 a.m.  It almost felt like night time.

Hi, to Snappy.  I miss you.  Hello, Cute, Delaney, Selah, Rowan, QAnu, Agnes, Jacob, and Lurky.

Greetings to MsLomo.  Hope that you and yours are doing well.  BTW, the shops have opened up again where I work, with some restrictions.  People can dine outside, and luckily, some of the restaurants have patio areas, or have set up outside on the sidewalk.  Such a strange time for all of us.  I don't really go out shopping.  Can you believe that?  It is just too much trouble, and I can't stand that mask on my face for very long.  Simone is still across the street with her wig shop.  I think she does "by appointment only".  I do miss hanging out everyday at lunch time.  Hopefully, at some point, it will happen again.  

So......take care everyone, and enjoy the weekend.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Issy , Snappy, Mslomo, I have missed all of you so much and Issy So sorry to see you are not feeling well, and SO Sad about the Fires. going on. MY Heart Goes out to All of YOU and you our in my thoughts and Prayers.. WE our good here and pretty much staying home because of this Virus. My Hubby is still working as no retirement in sight. WE keep busy for sure bWOW i had a Hard Time finding all of you on here BUT PLEASE Know Each and Everyone One of you our in My Thoughts and Prayers.. but No Corvette ~~ Funfest this time because of this Virus. no Parades either so our " Corvette " is in shut down for now. I had a hard time getting logged  on here. I think of you all the time and all our Shopping Sprees and FUN TIMES. I will get back with you soon as To hard to log on IF i stay Gone to long. and i Miss each and Everyone of YOU. Have a Great Weekend. I want to know what all of you have been up too. 

Trusted Contributor

WOW !! MsLoMo and Snappy love ready your posts as well and Sorry i have been Absent here But I was sure thinking of all of YOU. and Yes msloMo cracked me up about te One way Traffic in the Store isles. Well i'm this Great Granny you will see Backing down the isle as turning my Cart so I do not have to go all the way around. Yelp thats me !! Boy Ladies these Days our Flying and the Months Flying BY : Snappy i'm sending Prayers that YOU get A Good Report. Issy I hope you get to feeling better and Hope your new car is Fixed by now and someone saw the Accident happen. Well i shall sign off but Ladies I'm So Happy to read your Posts. GOD BLESS each and Everyone. !! MISS all of YOU. Have A Great Weekend. 

Valued Contributor

Hello, Cute.  What a nice surprise.  So happy that you stopped by to let us know how you are doing.  I, too, had a hard time signing in because I have been gone for a whil, and I didn't remember my password.  I promise not to stay away so long next time.  I am hoping that everyone is doing okay.

I am feeling much better now.  My ankles and feet were swelling up but that is all gone now.  My coworker remarked "you are walking better".  It is true.  I am almost walking normally.  I am not as tentative with my steps.

The fires have been contained but we still are in fire season.  It is hot and dry here in my neck of the woods.  A policeman pulled me over last Wednesday, and he said "you know why I pulled you over, don't you"?  I said "no".  Well, it was because of my tinted windows.  He says that the driver's window and the front passenger window are too dark.  I explained to him that I had purchased the car three months ago, and that the windows were like that when I bought it.  He told me to take the car to a tint shop and have the tint removed from the front.  Honestly, don't I have enough stuff to worry about.

I haven't been going out anywhere because of Covid-19 besides, we are experiencing a heat wave right now.  Will it ever end?

Hello, MsLomo.  Hope that you are well.  Hi, Snappy, I miss you, and I hope that you and your daughter are enjoying the time that you have together.  Hi to Bathina, NAES, Lurky, Selah, Rowan, Delaney, AgnesAnn and Qanu.  I wish all of you well.

Miss you.

Valued Contributor

Hello, everyone.  It has been a long time since I have posted but wanted to let you know that I am doing okay.  Just about recovered from my car accident.  Seems like you get over one ache and pain and then another one starts.  I have also been busy at work and not doing any shopping.

We are all still taking precautions for Covid-19.  Some of the stores are still closed or by appointment only.  

Hi, Snappy.....I sure do miss you.  Hope that you are doing well.  Hi Cute.....miss you, too.  Hello MsLomo.  Simone was thinking about moving her wig shop to another location but I think that it has been put "on hold" for now.  Jay & I are doing well.  We will be having Thanksgiving Dinner with my brother and SIL.  It is a far cry from those big Thanksgiving Dinner Blowouts!!!!!

I don't know many people that are travelling for the holiday.  Too much of a hassle and too dangerous.

Hello to Bathina, Selah, Rowan, Lurky, Agnes, QAnu and all of the wonderful ladies of the Q.  Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe.

Trusted Contributor

Hello, Issy ... Happy Thanksgiving. I'm happy to hear that you are just about completely recovered from your accident and that you and Jay are doing fine. That is good news. Can you work from home one or two days (or more) a week? Why does Simone want to move her shop? If you are driving to work, I imagine you would miss her if she were to move. 

We are also being very careful in my neck of the woods. No traveling or get-togethers in anyone's house. I have been to the grocery store (masked and gloved), but that's about it. No restaurants, no shopping. I cook all of my meals. I take walks. Life is very slow every day, and one day melts into the next. How could it be December already?

Hi, Cute t ... good to see your posts here. Nice that your DH is still working. He must be in great shape. 

I wonder how Snappy is doing. I hope good.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Issy and Hoping you are Feeling Better.. Yes I can relate to your Tinted Windows. My Hubby had bought me a Used 88 Red Camaro, this was before the " Corvette " and I Loved it and so did the Police every time I got into town I got Stopped and Given A Warning ticket to remove the Tinted Windows, after the 4th. Warning and the Police told me they were going to give me A Fine next time  I went to different Glass Companies to see what it would cost to remove the tint and it was very Expensive as it had came from the factory like that.. but here in our State at that time Tinted Windows were OUT/Lawed. then I traded this Camero for " My Corvette " !! ..

Hoping all of YOU had a Wonderful Thanksgiving , My Hubby and I just Kicked back here at home and Enjoyed our Food Delivered to us as 2 hard to cook a big thanksgiving Dinner for 2 People . We got all the Fixings with Pumpkin Pie Delivered at 11:30 . A Hot Meal . and we just Donated Money to them, to help out Help Others. !! they do wonders Here. This Virus has all of Us Making Different Decesions now. 

Well i shall Sign off and Story for being Missing in Action. My Thoughts and Prayers are with all of YOU.. Wearing A Mask keeping Distance . God Bless all. 

Trusted Contributor

Hello , Snappy, MsLoMo, and hoping all of you had  Wonderful Thanksgiving !! WOW can you believe it's December already. Hoping all of you are doing good. We our fine and Staying inside pretty much no get togethers anymore as this Virus is Scary for sure so many have it around here.. My Hubby is still working and Not retireing. Our Park is all lit up with Christmas Lights and My Hubby got our Santa on top of the Roof.. and we have the Santa Motorcycle, The Santa Corvette and the VW all lit up.. thats as far as went with Decorating. So sorry I have been missing in action. I Shall Sign off and Catch up on reading these Posts.. GOD BLESS ALL.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone,

It's good to see this thread still alive and well. Most of the time when I try to sign in, I'm told my password isn't right or something like that. Today, it went right through.

Grateful Issy, that you are doing well after your accident.

This is an absolutely crazy year as you all know. I know some people who have had Covid and recovered well. Nobody in our family. I stay home unless I go to the doctor.

We did have GS and his wife and their 2 little girls over a few weeks ago so the baby could open her 1st birthday presents. She is walking now. So different from her big sister who is 3 1/2 talking a lot. Beautiful.  Sunny is 2 1/2 now. I haven't seen her since the end of January. My DIL takes care of her full time and she will be having her baby sister around March 1st. Don't know what they will name her. They say they will wait to see her. So I'll have 4 ggdaughters whom I can't see much.

Thanksgiving was just DD#2 and me here. She ordered turkey dinners from Sprouts and picked them up the day before. DD#1 did go to a gathering of about 10 held at my GD's house outside, but dinner indoors. The next day, she came here to visit. CA is under very strict shut down orders starting this weekend. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. This is the 3rd PC doc I've had this year. I really like her and hope to keep her.

My arthritis is worsening, but I am 86 now.

DD does all the housework and laundry. The last doc I had gave me cortisone shots in my shoulders which freed me of all pain for about 3 months, but this new one doesn't do that.. 

I did all my Christmas shopping either from the Q or Amazon. I think it's all here, but not wrapped. My son and his wife told us they will have Christmas at their house, but with the newest shut down rules, I don't know if that will happen. I won't go. It's just too dangrous for me.

I miss the little girls the most, but do get videos and audios and chat with Star on duo from time to time.

I hope you all stay well and safe and enjoy Christmas which is the birth of Jesus Christ. Nothing can take Him away. I think DD#2 is going to take the presents I have for everyone out to my son's house sometime in Christmas week and leave them there. Perhaps the parents will let me see the girls opening their gifts on duo.. 

God bless each of you,

love,

snappy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hello, Snappy Lady.......thanks for the update on what is going on in your world.  I, too, have trouble signing in because I forget my password, etc.  There are so many passwords for various accounts that you have to remember, and we don't come here as often as we all used to.  I do miss that very much.

I am spending some time with my brother and SIL.  It is convenient for me right now.  A co-worker remarked this morning that I was "walking much better,,,,,,,faster now."  It has been a very painful process but hopefully, I can put this behind me.

Hello, MsLomo......how are you doing?  I haven't done any shopping at all.  It is just too much trouble, and I can't stand that mask on my face for very long.  I had to go to the bank, and I thought that I would just pass out.  There were only two tellers available, after waiting in line, and then when it was almost my turn, one of the tellers takes her coffee break.  By then, I was starting to really get annoyed.

Hello, Cute.  How are you doing?  We miss you.  Hi to Selah, Lurky, Delaney, Rowan, NAES, Qanu, Agnes and Jacob.  

I hope that all is well.......take care, everyone.