Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo....all the best to you for 2020.  Seems like the time is just flying by now.

Guess what, Simone is moving her store directly across the street from her old space in my building.  She took two months off and during that time the space across the street became available.  Luckily for her, she hadn't committed any money into the other location.  So, she will be in the neighborhood.  She will be expanding---kimonos, scarves, jewelry, hats, etc.  BTW, she gave me the most beautiful burn out kimono and jade necklace for Christmas.  I was simply flabbergasted.  So happy to see her back.

Take care dear lady and Happy New Year.

Trusted Contributor

A Big Hello to Snappy, Issy, MsloMo, Bath , i have been reading back posts and I want to wish All of you on here a Very Happy New Year.. yes it's 2020 already.. Snappy i hope you our doing good and So Happy for you that you got to hold your New Great Granddaughter Sky.. WE have not got to see our Newest Great Grandson yet.. only in pictures.. we our anxious to hold him.. Our oldest Grandson and Family our Headed for Vacation in Hawaii.. 2 of their children our in college and won't be able to go but their youngest just turned 2 and yes he is headed with them.. they just got back from Las Vegas on business trip.. A Busy Family for sure.. Yes Snappys Gift bags our getting around.. I used those for Christmas this time and for Sawyers 2nd. birthday bash.. well ladies i shall sign off and Hoping this finds all of you in TIP TOP Shape.. GOD Bless all of you on here.. WE our doing good here.. and Counting Blessing..

Valued Contributor

Hi Cute.....so good to see you here.  I am happy that you and your family are doing well.  It is cold and rainy in my neck of the woods.  

I, unfortunately, had car trouble last week.  The car just shut down completely.  At least, I was still in my driveway.  I had to have it towed but the repair charge was only $229.  I was so relieved about that.  I am seriously in the market for a new car but I haven't decided yet on what to purchase.

Hello MsLomo.....hope that things are going well for you.  I have been doing a little shopping--on clearance, of course.

Hi, Snappy; we miss you.  Hello to Bathina, Selah, QAnu, Agnes, Rowan, Lurky, NAES, Hilo and Delaney.  

Take care.

Respected Contributor

Hi Issy:

It's  been  quite some time since I stopped by ... happy that everyone seemed to have a good Christmas.  Prayers that the New year will be a good one for all of you.

My old computer finally crashed and had to get a new one and I've lost a  lot information  in the process.

If I can ever get Facebook up and running I  will try to see how Gloria and the family are coping.. They are having so much to deal with.these days.

Was planning to also write Delaney but her email  got lost as well.

Hi  Snappy:  Think about you often with special love and  affection.

Love to all, HiLo

Valued Contributor

Hello, Hilo......thanks for stopping by.  Glad that you got a new computer.  Hope that you are able to contact your other friends.  I miss them here, too.

I had a frightening experience on the freeway last week.  It started out as just a normal Wednesday evening commute home.  Then.....all of a sudden, the engine light came on and the car speed dropped down to 30 miles per hour and just stopped.  I managed to limp off to the left shoulder, and I was in the worse possible, very dangerous spot.  Cars and big trucks were flying by me.  I hit the blinkers but really, I just wanted to sit there and cry.  I have never been a spot like that before.  It was dark, cold and very isolated.  BTW, my phone only had 38% charge, so it was going to die on me soon.  

I called my brother, who was, unfortunately at City Hall giving a presentation and his phone was turned off.   I managed to contact two guys from the office.  After about twenty minutes a CHP (motorcycle) cop pulled up behind me and said that someone had called it in.  He said that a white tow truck would be coming to get me off of the freeway because you are in a very dangerous spot.  After what seemed like an eternity, the tow truck came and towed me to a commuter ride share parking lot.  By then, my brother called and said that AAA was on the way.  One of my co-workers found me and my brother came, too.  The car was towed to a repair shop and left over night.  I arrived home at about 9:00 p.m. exhausted and stressed out. 

Went to the repair shop the next day and it was a "sensor" that went out and, therefore, shut down the car.  The bill was $240.  I was happy about that but now, I am looking for another car.  I never want to be left in that position again.  It was terrifying.  

So that is basically what I have been dealing with lately.  Hope that things are okay with you.

Hello, Snappy, Cute, MsLomo, Selah, Delaney, Rowan, Bathina, QAnu, Agnes, NAES and Lurky.  I miss all of you and hope that things are okay.  Take care....

Respected Contributor

Dear NAES, I almost never come here anymore. Too much else to do, but I'm glad I did tonight. I used to read ShowMe's thread all the time. She was up beat, and put up a good fight. I'm very sorry to learn that she has gone Home. Not for her, of course, but her loved ones.

She blessed a lot of people here over the many years.

Thank you for telling me.

Hope things are well with you.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi, Issy, good to see you tonight. You have special friends with very artistic flair, much like yourself. How nice.

Your little guy is growing up fast. My don't they?

Star is 2 1/2. Loves to sing and dance and talk. She looks like a porcelin doll with her nearly turquoise eyes and curly strawberry blond hair and sweet face.

She and her cousin, Sunny walk holding hands sometimes which almost makes me cry. She is 1 1/2 has blue eyes and straight hair that may turn out to be red/blonde. She likes to repeat every word she hears.

Sky is 2 months old. Still in preemie clothing. She's getting longer, but not putting on much weight. I think she only weighs 8 or 9 pounds. There's intelligence in her eyes and she smiles. A photographer came here on Sunday afternoon and the entire family came. The woman took more than 700 pictures. All of us, and then smaller groups whatever they wanted. Haven't seen them yet, but my girls got some candid shots that are precious.

I continue to battle the UTI and deal with a new PCP whom I've seen once. He was nice and friendly and 2 miles from the house. Just a store front office with him and a lady at the desk as far as I could tell.

All my best to you and all who read here. I'm just not into posting now, but am grateful the Lord led me tonight so I know about ShowMe's passing. She was a treasure.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

MsLomo, there you are! How are you, and how is your dear hubby doing? Did you decide to retire? My guess is not yet.

I had a terrible time even bagging my presents, but no way could I have done it the way you perfectly described.

I saw the doc in question on the 8th of January. She said I know my body better than anyone else and shouldn't go to the ER. Honestly, she is so changeable, at least it seems so to me. I told her that I was in a pretty good place as far as the UTI symptoms are concerned. She told me how to proceed with treatment, told me she doesn't get offended and all was well. My blood pressure prior to that was higher than it's ever been if memory serves.

The new PCP man is friendly, young, engaging. They live in our little city and have 3 kids. Two sons in elementary school and a daughter at a Montessori school near my old doctor's office. Oh I do miss him. He went with Kaiser in downtown L.A. Hope and pray it works out well for him.

DD#2 and I were here alone on Christmas eve and Day which was fine. We had several small gatherings, and she went to the one at my son's house where almost everyone was. I wasn't up to it.

I loved having the little girls here on Sunday for the photo shoot. Star is so used to being made up. It's darling.

Do take care,

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Dear HiLo,

Isn't it awful when you lose precious things as the computers give up???? I'm pretty sure you are savvy enough to have it all backed up. DD does that all the time.

Can hardly believe it's 2020.

I have to pace myself in order to just get up, showered and dressed. Spend most of my day on the couch, but did a lot of laundry today. Have to listen to my body and not overdo.

You aren't forgotten.

love snappy

Valued Contributor

Hi Snappy.  Thank you so much for posting.  I know that life keeps you busy, and it takes more energy these days.  I love hearing about the babies, and I know that they bring you such joy.  You can look back at all of those beautiful pictures and treasure them.  That was a wonderful idea.  

Hope that DD#2 can work long enough to get her full benefits.  It has been so cold in my neck of the woods.  It is hard to get up and go to work and face the windy cold days.

I have been doing a little shopping.  I purchased some pants from HSN, and of course, I watch the clearance sales.

Hello, MsLomo.......Simone's new wig shop in gorgeous.  The walls are a slate/blue/gray, and the ceiling is off white with off white trim.  There is a light gray couch, creamy off white coffee table and fancy chairs with a heavy gray marble desk in the corner and white flowers every where. A beautiful chandelier and a tea cart with tea pot, cups and accessories.  She kicked it up a notch, although, I didn't think that was possible.

Hello Cute, almost time to set the clock forward.  We miss you.  Hello, Delaney, Bathina, NAES, Hilo, Selah, Rowan, Lurky, QAnu, Agnes and all who read here.

Take care.......