Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo.....thanks for stopping by.  On the menu at Thanksgiving dinner-----turkey, ham, roast, dressing, mashed potatoes & gravy, roasted brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, swiss chard, corn casserole, asparagus, arugula salad, dinner rolls, sweet potato pie, cherry pie and pecan pie, plus a little fruit cake (which was actually pretty good).

I did think about Snappy's special pie that she always made.

It has been cold and gray in my neck of the woods, and it is suppose to rain this week.  I am looking forward to staying in the house where it is warm.  Take care, and come back soon.

Trusted Contributor

A Big Hello Snappy , Issy, MsloMo, and so Happy to read all of the Thanksgiving News ..and To Snappy A Big Congratulations.. on the New Addition to your Family. our Families our Growing.. Hoping everyone is doing good and Looking forward to Christmas.. Our weather is perfect here and in the 40's but we our having Sunny Days. My Hubby raked leaves this afternoon and better than Shoveling Snow.. 

yes we had to get a new Computer and got it all set up but i'm still lost on finding pictures and persnal things.. as family history..well i shall sign off and Wish all of YOU great days ahead..we our Kicking back and Enjoying Fire Place weather..HOT CHOCOLATE weather..

Valued Contributor

Hi, Cute.....thanks for stopping to give us an update.  Just about all of the leaves have fallen off the trees on my street.  So, it is time to clean them up but it has been raining.

I have done all of my Christmas shopping.  I went to Ross at 8:00 a.m. this past Monday and was finished at 9:05 a.m.  I purchased 15 gifts.  Then, this past Wednesday, I went back to Ross j at 8:25 (had to stop for gas) and I was finished at 8:49.  The second time, I just went to buy a little something for myself.  So, I have Snappy's gift bags, and I feel very relieved that I don't have to stress out.

Glad that everyone in your family is doing well.  Come back soon to chat.

Hello, MsLomo, Bathina, NAES, QAnu, Agnes & Jacob, Selah, Rowan, Lurky, Hilo & Delaney.

Hello, Snappy lady.  We miss you.  Take care.

Respected Contributor

Hello to all of you!

Last weekend, Star and her baby sister and parents came here for an early Christmas since I wasn't sure I could make it to the family get together yesterday.

It was so much fun to see Star open her presents. She squealed and clapped her hands and was so thrilled.

Of course daddy opened Sky's things. She mostly slept. I got to hold her for the first time. She is SO tiny. Oh my, still in preemie clothing, but I think she is okay. They say she sleeps during the day and is fussy all night and I know mama isn't getting lots of rest. She looks really good. The 3 girls came in red dresses and black leggings and daddy was in his plaid shirt. We have lots of pictures.

Then on the 19th, DD#1 took me to the cardiologist who said my heart is stable and he would release me for surgery if that ever needs to be done. She opened her presents here with just the 2 of us since much of it is also going to DD#2 and I didn't want her to see things in advance to Christmas day itself.

So, at midnight Friday when I was going to bed, there was blood in the urine which scared me. I slept 9 hours straight, but the blood was there on Saturday so DD#2 took me to ER where we were for 4 hours. They ran some tests and put an IV in me. I didn't know why. Well, the doctor wanted me admitted for IV antibiotics, but I refused. I will accept treatment, but not in hospital where I don't feel safe. I know the PICC can be done again at home. I had to sign papers that said I was leaving against doctor's orders, but DD had them write on it that I wasn't refusing treatment, just wanted it at home.

Well, I slept well Saturday night also and the bleeding has gone away completely. I did drop one of the meds, the one that creates acidic conditions and becomes formaldahide which I thought might be irriting me and causing the bleeding. Not sure of course, but it has gone away. I called her office today and told the lady who answered all about it. She had spoken with the doc who gave instructions regarding some patients, but nothing about me having a PICC line over this Christmas week, so I'm happy about that, but when I see her on Jan 8, I think she will make it clear she isn't happy with me.

Well, I think being in the hospital for treatment that can be done at home is dangerous and I didn't want to be away from home for 10 days.

So, DD#2 and I will be here by ourselves for Christmas.

She went to my son's yesterday where the family gathered for dinner and presents, etc. I have lots of pictures and some videos and I duod with my GS and his wife while I opened the things they had gotten me. It's a great invention.

So, Merry Christmas to each of you who post or read here. God bless you all.

snappy Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Dearest snappyfrappy,

I hope that you do not mind, but I had always known how many times you had visited ShowMe's thread, and kept up with all news of her illness, and any updated information when I was here two years ago. 

ShowMe's sister has messaged one of our loved friends that ShowMe has passed into Jesus' arms on December 19th, 2019; Thursday-12:30pm est.   

There are two active threads at this time. I will post both ~ so you may find each easily to read. 

Sending love and hugs. I always cherished our friendship

With a respected and highly love friendship,

NAES. Heart

ShowMe was my friend~ In the arms of Jesus. 

@snappyfrappy 

December 23, 2019

Monday

Valued Contributor

Hi, Snappy lady......so very happy to see you here today.  I am glad that you were able to hold the new baby and spend time with your family.  I have been worried about you but I am glad to hear that you are doing okay.  

I thought about you today because your "gift bags" saved the day for me.  I just dropped the gifts in the bag and tied them up.  I took those gifts to the office today.  I can't believe that it took me that long to jump on the band wagon.  

My family and I are going to spend a quiet Christmas this year.  My late brother, J.M.'s wife is spending Christmas in Washington, D.C. with relatives---she is the one that does all of the fabulous entertaining.  I would really like to just stay in my jammies all day and watch the movie, "A Christmas Story" or maybe "Miracle on 34th Street".  

It has been raining off and on, and it was super cold this morning--at least for us in sunny CA. 

Simone just stopped by the office--we exchanged Christmas gifts.  She looked gorgeous in her black leather pants, black sweater and long black Heidi Daus necklaces.  They came three in the set.  She is going to be very happy because I purchased her another Heidi Daus necklace in smokey quartz for Christmas.  So now, she is officially a Heidi Girl.

Little Elijah keeps asking "is it Christmas yet?"  It will be here in a little while.  He is receiving lots of gifts but one that I particularly like is the white Mercedes SUV little car that he can ride in--he will have one just like his dad.  He is also receiving a space ship and a little play house that looks like his parent's home.  He is a very lucky little boy.

So, come back and see us when you can.  Love you very much.  Merry Christmas to each of you.  Take care.

Trusted Contributor

@Issy379 

@cute t 

@snappyfrappy 

@bathina 

And @ our loyal and loving Kindred Spirit friends ...

The best to you in 2020!

Snappy, I see that I forgot your name for the new baby: It's "Sky," and that is a great name. I am happy that you got to spend time with her and hold her. Sounds to me that Star is going to be a loving big sister to Sky. Meanwhile, I hope you don't get a lecture and time-out for refusing the PICC line in the hospital! Smiley Happy You know a lot and have been through a lot, and I feel good for you that you held firm. I hope you feel a lot better soon. Thanks for the gift bag tip, which leads me to:

Issy, I agree that those "Snappy gift bags" save so much time and hassle! I got on the Snappy gift-bag program late in the game, too, but am grateful that Snappy told us about them (or we'd still be assembling the scissors and tape on the countertop and getting paper cuts from those rolls of wrapping paper -- rolling around, out of control, falling off the counter, etc. Ugh!). How about Elijah driving around in his MB SUV ... too cute. I had a quiet Christmas also. I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" for the first time beginning to end. I'd seen pieces of that movie here and there, but never the entire thing at one sitting. 

Heart

Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo.......good to see you here.  Yes, Snappy's gift bags saved the day for me.  I must say that taking the price tag off the bottom of the gifts took more time.  So, I just scratched the price off and stuck a peel off Christmas sticker over it.  So is was a slam dunk.  

We spent a quiet Christmas holiday.  My favorite Christmas movies are A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street, Its a Wonderful Life, White Christmas & A Christmas Carol.  I only got to see a little bit of White Christmas Christmas.  A Christmas Story stayed on at my house all day and night.  Just love that movie---"you'll just shoot your eye out".

I am going to catch some of the mark downs on HSN---you taught me to do that.  Hoping that the new year will be good for you.

Hello, Snappy, Cute, Bathina, NAES, Selah, Rowan, Qanu, Agnes, Delaney, Lurky and Hilo.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Respected Contributor

Happy, happy New Year hello-ers!

Great to read your posts. Wishing you all good things as we start a new decade!

Family is good, Hal is 9 (wanted a Go-Pro from Santa 🎅- he still believes but I think it's his last year), hubby is good, we're all still working, life is grand.

Had a nice Christmas eve get together. I made prime rib, baked stuffed giant shrimp, scallops wrapped in bacon, asparagus, winter kale salad, butternut squash stuffed shells and mulled wine. I started to panic in the shower that morning, but was able to pull everything together and all the food was done and on the table at once. Phew.

Hubby and I are enjoying the final evening of our decorated home and I'm just about to make myself a little 🍸. Yum. 

Be well everyone. Happy New year!

P.s. @MsLomo  thanks for the 💕

Valued Contributor

Hi, Bathina......what a nice surprise.  Thanks for stopping by to let us know how you and your family are doing.  I remember "little Hal" so well--his Kindu, etc.  I, also, have a 9 year old nephew, and I think that this is his last year for Santa Claus.

Your Christmas Eve Dinner sounds simply divine.  I will have to try some of the recipes.  Mr. 6'2" and I spent New Years Eve at home.  The weather was cold but clear, and I didn't feel like going out.  We watched the Rose Parade, and I would simply love to see it in person.......maybe next year.

Take care, and come back again.