Valued Contributor

Hello, Hilo.  Thought that I better check in before we lose power in northern CA.  I can't believe that this is happening.  Such a strange occurrence.  I am very happy to see that you have your family close to help with your son when you need it.  

Hello to Cute, Bathina, NAES, Selah, Rowan, Agnes, QAnu, and Delaney.  Hope is well with each and every one of you.  

Respected Contributor

Hello again dear ladies:

A special thanks to Ms. Lomo for increasing the size of the font.  I can't understand why this is happening but then I am the last person in the world to know much about the computer anyway.  Always seemed to be content just to be able to come on line and write a few words and to be able to look up information when I need it.

We are all so busy with our lives and individual problems that sometimes it's just hard to find time to post.......or perhaps it's just that I don't have anything interesting to share anyway.  

I suppose it's been quite a while since anyone has heard from Gloria Jean....was in touch with her occasionally during Bobbi Sue's illness but not since. I believe the last time I heard was that her daughter had serious medical problems and would really like to know how she is doing.now.  Gloria Jean had been keeping the twins at that time and I always marveled that she was able to do it.  She's an amazing person, though, and will never quit.  

Issy, I didn't know that you ar a Californian like Snappy.  Were you born there?  Always thought it would be an interesting place to visit but my ancestors  settled on the east coast since about 1624....when the Dutch settled in Manhattan near Wall Street and since then most of my family members have continued to stay here in the east My daughter is very fond of ancestry and learned that Wall St. was so named because it was there that the wall was built to keep the Indians out.  Who would have ever thought we would have the opportunity to travel all across not only the country but the world by this marvelous invention called the computer!

Ms. Lomo: Want you to know I am with you in spirit as you face the challenges of every day life .... if only there was some way I could help!   But we do know that God is always there to hear our prayers, even if we can't be.

May God bless you both and all the other friends who post here, I know that dear Snappy is always on our minds and in our prayers..A most beloved sister indeed to each one of us.

Fondly,

HiLo

Valued Contributor

Hi, Hilo.  How are you doing?  Yes, I was born in California, the Central Valley.  My parents and brothers are from Oklahoma.  We, also, have family in Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina and Virgina.  I also love ancestry, and I have a cousin who has done some research on our family, and it is quite interesting.  She has traced our family back to England & Ireland.  I do find it amazing.  Fascinating where people and families migrate for so many reasons.

Hi, MsLomo.  How are you?  Hope that you come and visit soon.  We always love to hear from you.  I haven't done much shopping but I did order those gift bags that Snappy uses every year.  Let's see if I get my gift wrapping done before the last minute.  This year, there is no excuse.  Simone is all settled into her new home, and she is now working on her new wig boutique.  She is expanding with jewelry, kimonos, shawls, gloves, etc.  She is also planning to do a Chanel christmas tree.  That should be fabulous.

Hello, Snappy,  Hope that things have settled down for you and that you are able to get some rest and comfort.  So grateful that your daughter is with you.

Hello, Delaney, Bathina, NAES, Cute, Selah, Rowan, QAnu, Agnes & Jacob.   Come back when you can.

Have a great weekend.....

Trusted Contributor

@HiLo, you are so welcome! Here's your latest, enlarged. Heart

Hello again dear ladies:

A special thanks to Ms. Lomo for increasing the size of the font.  I can't understand why this is happening but then I am the last person in the world to know much about the computer anyway.  Always seemed to be content just to be able to come on line and write a few words and to be able to look up information when I need it.

We are all so busy with our lives and individual problems that sometimes it's just hard to find time to post.......or perhaps it's just that I don't have anything interesting to share anyway.  

I suppose it's been quite a while since anyone has heard from Gloria Jean....was in touch with her occasionally during Bobbi Sue's illness but not since. I believe the last time I heard was that her daughter had serious medical problems and would really like to know how she is doing.now.  Gloria Jean had been keeping the twins at that time and I always marveled that she was able to do it.  She's an amazing person, though, and will never quit.  

Issy, I didn't know that you ar a Californian like Snappy.  Were you born there?  Always thought it would be an interesting place to visit but my ancestors  settled on the east coast since about 1624....when the Dutch settled in Manhattan near Wall Street and since then most of my family members have continued to stay here in the east My daughter is very fond of ancestry and learned that Wall St. was so named because it was there that the wall was built to keep the Indians out.  Who would have ever thought we would have the opportunity to travel all across not only the country but the world by this marvelous invention called the computer!

Ms. Lomo: Want you to know I am with you in spirit as you face the challenges of every day life .... if only there was some way I could help!   But we do know that God is always there to hear our prayers, even if we can't be.

May God bless you both and all the other friends who post here, I know that dear Snappy is always on our minds and in our prayers..A most beloved sister indeed to each one of us.

Fondly,

HiLo

Trusted Contributor

Hi to HiLo and Issy ... and of course Snappy, Cute t, each one of the lovely KS Ladies, @bathina, and @Dawn01 

Dawn 01 ... Yes! ... DAZZLING DAWN, whose birthday is coming up -- October 26, I believe! I think of her and her RING, the gorgeous gift from her husband. Remember when she said she asked her husband to put on her seatbelt so she wouldn't scratch the new beauty?! Heart

Issy, I think I've spotted what your friend Adrienne might like for the upcoming party: 

Heidi Daus "Maiden Fern" Reversible Topper

667-995

It looks very unflattering in the photo -- looks blown up, like it would add 25 pounds -- but it looks wonderful on Heidi in the video. Heidi just got in a new batch of fashions at HSN. I have quite a few of her pieces and LOVE them.

I had no idea Heidi was in NY Fashion Week. The HSN video for this jacket shows her pieces, including this one, in the show. I have that jacket (the "Fern") in the short version (Luxe Be a Lady) on HD's website in green/purple, black/pink, and navy/light blue. I wear them a lot. I have the Damoiselle jacket on HD's site in black/turquoise. I waited for "Flash Sales" and got them at excellent prices. I also waited between purchases so I wouldn't get too crazy with shopping.

I really like her new assymetrical sweater in Chinese Red, but I missed using the 20%-off coupon yesterday. Well, it is free shipping today, so I might go for it before free shipping disappears.

I really haven't been shopping much. I've been saving for something sinfully extravagant for Christmas ... a LV Pochette Felicie or a Chanel Wallet on a Chain. I'm usually very practical, but I feel the need for a "reward" (a shallow, impractical, and expensive one!). I'll continue to research and look at both of these beauties IN DEPTH, and maybe the desire will wear off and practicality will prevail, as usual. Smiley Very Happy

Heart to all of you ....
Esteemed Contributor

Hello - it's me!  I just happened to stop by this morning and saw my name mentioned by Hilo.  Yes, it's been a long time being in touch.  We go to my daughter's about 3 days a week, babysitting, and housework. She is in a lot of pain with her EDS, and we help out. The twins are 3 now, and have been tested for autism, haven't gotten the results yet.  They are behind in their motor skills so are going to physical therapy twice a week and on Wednesday will start going to occupational therapy.  They are not quite ready yet for pre-school. They are both smart as a whip!  a couple weeks ago I asked Allie to spell pizza. She did without hesitating. They are very good at doing puzzles. I am praying they don't have autism. The district was doing all the testing. We are doing fine.  My husband had surgery for his sciatic nerve problem he had about six months, and now that's gone!  His feet hurt so much, arthritis, so he's going to PT for that.  Younger daughter became a RN last March and has a good job in a  Rehab place not far from where we live, so she usually comes here for supper before she goes to work, she works night shift, from 7 PM to 7:30 AM. three days a week, and every third weekend. So we've been busy, and not home that much.  My daughter's house is like a second home for us.  

Trusted Contributor

I enlarged your font size to 4 for easier reading. Smiley Happy
@gloriajean wrote:

Hello - it's me!  I just happened to stop by this morning and saw my name mentioned by Hilo.  Yes, it's been a long time being in touch.  We go to my daughter's about 3 days a week, babysitting, and housework. She is in a lot of pain with her EDS, and we help out. The twins are 3 now, and have been tested for autism, haven't gotten the results yet.  They are behind in their motor skills so are going to physical therapy twice a week and on Wednesday will start going to occupational therapy.  They are not quite ready yet for pre-school. They are both smart as a whip!  a couple weeks ago I asked Allie to spell pizza. She did without hesitating. They are very good at doing puzzles. I am praying they don't have autism. The district was doing all the testing. We are doing fine.  My husband had surgery for his sciatic nerve problem he had about six months, and now that's gone!  His feet hurt so much, arthritis, so he's going to PT for that.  Younger daughter became a RN last March and has a good job in a  Rehab place not far from where we live, so she usually comes here for supper before she goes to work, she works night shift, from 7 PM to 7:30 AM. three days a week, and every third weekend. So we've been busy, and not home that much.  My daughter's house is like a second home for us.  

Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo.....so nice to see you here.  My, you managed to snag some really nice Heidi Dause pieces.  I am going to order something from HSN tonight.  Don't have the item numbers right now.  I am going to order something from Heidi for Simone for Christmas.

Hi, GloriaJean.   I was so surprised to see you here.  I remember your daily inspirational posts.  Glad that you are okay.

Hello, Hilo.  Good to see youl, too.  I am headed home right now, but will be back tomorrow to chat.  Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Hello to all of YOU and Long time No see !! Hoping all of YOU our doing good... Well we having A Parade here Sunday for Halloween, Yelp our " Corvette " will be ready to Roll.. what have all of you been up to.. Issy, MsLoMo.. all of you have been Missed.. i Must read back to see what is going on.. We Our Loving this Weather here as Sunny but Cooler Weather.. Guess all of YOU our Shopping up A Storm.. i'm trying to find Skinny Jeans in Snake Print and Lepoard Print with Elastic Waist , No Pockets.. Well i shall keep on Reading. and thanks to all of YOU for still Being Here.. 

Trusted Contributor

A Big Hello to Snappy, Mslomo, Issy and Everyone on here !! WOW so good to read all the names.. WOW i have a lot of catching up to do.. Hoping all of YOU our healthy and hanging in their doing a Lot Of Shopping.. Yes i Miss all of YOU and YOU our on my Mind.. " Maybelline " will be in the Halloween Parade this Sunday.. and at " CORVETTE ~~ FUNFEST " won the Peoples Chioce Award.. Big Heavy Trophy..

Prayers for all as Hoping you our Safe From Storms and Staying Healthy..GOD BLESS ALL..