Valued Contributor

Dearest Snappy.....thank you so much for making the effort to let us all know how you are doing.  Praying that you have peace and comfort.  I love hearing about the babies, and I really hope that the little on the way will be okay.

I am sorry to hear about your latest health issue, and it is certainly frightening to wonder what the problem is, but you are one of the bravest and strongest women that I have ever known.  Praying for you and your family.  You know that I love you dearly and will always support you.

Take care, dear friend.

Valued Contributor

Hello, HalfPint1.  Thank you for stopping by.  A big shout out to Lurky, Delaney, Rowan, Agnes, QAnu, Bathina, NAES, Hilo, Selah and Cute.  

Cute....I believe that the Corvette Funfest should be going on around this time of the year.  How the time flies!!  We all miss you.

Hope that everyone has a great weekend.  Take care.

Respected Contributor

Hi dear ladies:

Haven't been here for awhile....like Snappy, posting  isn't so easy for me anymore. Anyway so glad she was able to respond....hope she will be able to check in from time to time but do understand how it is.  We will all be remembering dear Snappy in our  prayers.

I'll have to check out now to go to a Dr's appointment but will try to come back again soon to have more of a chat with you, Issy, Ms. Lomo and Half Pint.  Hope others will post again soon too.

Meantime, may the Lord be with and protect you all.  Life isn't easy but I try to remember that we're all in it together.

Blessings;

HiLo

Valued Contributor

Hi, Hilo......thank you for stopping by to chat.  Yes, we all miss our dear Snappy, and I hope that she is doing okay.  It is such a blessing that she has her daughter living with her.  She has a wonderful family.

Hoping that your doctor's appoint went well.  It seems that everyone is in a rush these days.  

Well, I haven't been doing much.  Just busy at work.  Simone is moving out of her suite downstairs (wig shop) as we speak.  I brought her some beautiful red roses with ferns and baby's breath and a personal card from me.  All of the people in our office signed another card for her, too.  We walked down the street to the mexican restaurant for lunch with her sister and another friend.  We all had a good time, and I tried not to cry.  Then we all went to one of our favorite vintage stores on the way back to the office, and I purchased a cute Betsey Johnson Handbag and another black leather purse with studs on it.  A little retail therapy never hurts.

Hello, MsLomo......how are you doing?  We miss you very much.  BTW, I purchased a Heidi Daus purple bib necklace, bracelet & ring.  Don't have the item number right now......Simone purchased the TSV in black, and it is stunning.  She has become a "Heidi Girl".  My friend, Adrienne is looking for a black, embroidered kimono/jacket to wear to her company holiday party.  Do you have any suggestions?

Hello to Delaney, NAES, Bathina, Cute, Selah, Rowan, QAnu, HalfPint1, Lurky & Agnes.  Hope all is well with everyone.

Have a great weekend.!!

Respected Contributor

Hi there Issy:

Just came over to see if there was news from anyone and was happy to see you here. Sorry to see this blog has such little activity but I do understand about Snappy.  Ms. Lomo also has her hands full as she cares for her husband.  That is one big job, the pain in seeing her huband relapse plus all the work involved in his care.  I remember how Snappy described her feelings at the time she was the caretaker for her husband, nothing so stressful.

But who knows,  may someday be joining them as my son's cancer treatments progress and at my age doubt I could handle it alone.  At least my younger son has just retired and will be there at a moment's notice to help me, even though he now lives over an hour and 1/2 from me.  He is the one who is the rock of my family....so I feel so fortunate to have him.  Actually, he just retired this past Monday after working 30 years for UPS, just at the right time.  I think that company is overloaded with work now that so many are shopping on line with not enough experienced drivers to handle it all and so few younger people willing to work as hard as those jobs demand..  A 10 hour day with no time taken for lunch was a usual day.

Rob is doing well right now but hasn't have the radiation for his thyroid yet; that is a biggie as radiation therapy has it's downshide, often causing cancer to spread as it also targets the good cells.  But there's nothing I can do about that now so I try to leave it all in God's hands which is not always easy to do.

Issy:  I didn't know you worked.outside your home.....believe it or not, I wish I could say that myself.  When you love your job and all the people you meet, well, it's all good.  Know how much fun it is to buy new things to wear and even get a few compliments along the way.  Do you buy any of your clothes from the Q?  So few big stores around here anymore and at the few left,, it's hard to find a parking place.  I am a bargain hunter and used to spend so much time just looking around.  It seems that Amazon has about taken over the market now and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Well, not much going on around here now  won't bore you with any more details.  I hope that others will stop by again to share.  Although I didn't post much myself, I tried to keep up a little with the latest.and miss so much not seeing the old familiar names. I just pray that everything is ok.  Do wish I was able to send Snappy a card now and then......it's been a lot of years since we first met and we had so much in common.

A big hello to all our friends out there.  May God bless and keep you all.

Lovingly,

Hi Lo

HiLo

Respected Contributor

Hello friends,

So sorry for not being here in such a long time. There have been things that just take all of my energy.

Today is the baby shower for Star's little sister. DD#1 is on her way, an hour and a half in each direction.

As far as we know the baby is okay. They plan on doing the C section on November 25th at 9:30 in the morning.

As you may remember, I have chronic UTI's. I'll cut to the chase and say that on Thursday morning I went to the hospital and had a PICC line placed through my upper left arm where they found a good vein. The Great Physician was with me. It was very scary. The people were as nice as could be. Both my girls were there, but not allowed where I was.

My son had helped me get some blood work done the day before.

Yesterday was a very strange and hard day. I'm pretty sure the whole thing was panic. I'll spare you all the details.

Last night they delivered the medication and the nurse came and took my vitals and my history while the first dose of the antibiotic was going in. So far so good.

DD and I cried when he said he will be here to do it every day. When hubby had PICC line, I had to do it all.

So this afternoon he will come to administer the second dose. Ten in all.

Not sure I'd ever do this again, but don't need to know that now.

My sister's family seems to be doing as well as they can.

Her house was sold but fell out of escrow.

I hope you are all okay.

HiLo, sorry your son has so much trouble with the thyroid cancer. Must be so different than what my kids had.

Hi to cute, Issy, MsLomo, HiLo, all the KS ladies and anyone I forgot.

God bless each of you,

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Dear Snappy:   (sorry my font isn't working)

So happy to hear you are on the way to getting your long term physical problem finally resolved.  You have been dealing with this problem for far too long anyway so I know how relieved you must be even though it will take several treatments.  It helps so much for your children to be there to encourage you as we deal with these constant health problems.  I am always wondering what will be next!  Trial and error is the story of my life. Anything I do these days in draining...once I go to the store and pack away the groceries I'm through for the day.  Was due to get blood work done about 4 months ago but haven't even bothered because of all the responsibilities here at home.

Will the new baby be no. 2 for your grandson?  The c sections usually work out fine, just take a little longer to heal.  I would love to see the look on little Star's face when she sees the new baby.....I'm sure they will take pictures. Now you will have another little one to cuddle and love.  Still haven't seen my 2 ggrands in person and perhaps never willl.... just can't fly anymore but am thankful for the provisions we have these days to communicate with them anyway.  They both seem to be happy children and this is one of the biggest blessings a parent can receive.

My son Rob has the same kind of cancer both of your children had Snappy.  Things have been better while we are waiting to hear the results of the brain tumor treatment. called Cyber Knife.....a robot. That part was so easy, can't help but wonder if it will work.  The thing I fear the most is the RA treatment for the thyroid, which they plan to start soon.  Total isolation for from 5 to 7 days after they administer the RA pill,and there is a special diet during this time.....and all the responsibility falls on me.  At this chapter in my life I never expected to be confronted with anything like this.....my youngest son has retired and gone to live in Pa O a little over an hour away) now but will come here whenever there is an emergency or something I can't handle. Donna lives far away but has flown here several times to help or at least be with me while Rob has been sick.  I have joined several cancer groups on Facebook and it has helped a lot learning about other people's experiences with the curse of cancer.  So many of them are so much worse off than my son is.

Don't go to church regularly any more and I miss it so much.  But things aren't as they once were any way....certain Biblical truths are never even brough up, probably because of the concern of offending people.  I still watch and listen to the messages of my new spiritual friend and teacher, Les Feldwick.  Whatever I miss on air I can get on YouTube.....his ministry is patterned after that of Dr. McGee except Les is self taught so to speak except for his likeness to the good Dr.and both are grace teachers.

Snappy, I wonder if you'll even be able to read this small print yourself but perhaps someone will read it to you.  I'm so sorry I can't do better with this.

A big hello to the gracious Issy and Ms. Lomo. May the Lord give you strength as you go about doing the things that are required of you at this time.

Till later, let me follow Dr. MacArthur and say Grace to you and all who read this. I hope everyone is OK.

My love,

HiLo

Trusted Contributor

Dear @HiLo, I am happy to increase the font size of your sweet post!  Heart

------------------

Dear Snappy:   (sorry my font isn't working)

So happy to hear you are on the way to getting your long term physical problem finally resolved.  You have been dealing with this problem for far too long anyway so I know how relieved you must be even though it will take several treatments.  It helps so much for your children to be there to encourage you as we deal with these constant health problems.  I am always wondering what will be next!  Trial and error is the story of my life. Anything I do these days in draining...once I go to the store and pack away the groceries I'm through for the day.  Was due to get blood work done about 4 months ago but haven't even bothered because of all the responsibilities here at home.

Will the new baby be no. 2 for your grandson?  The c sections usually work out fine, just take a little longer to heal.  I would love to see the look on little Star's face when she sees the new baby.....I'm sure they will take pictures. Now you will have another little one to cuddle and love.  Still haven't seen my 2 ggrands in person and perhaps never willl.... just can't fly anymore but am thankful for the provisions we have these days to communicate with them anyway.  They both seem to be happy children and this is one of the biggest blessings a parent can receive.

My son Rob has the same kind of cancer both of your children had Snappy.  Things have been better while we are waiting to hear the results of the brain tumor treatment. called Cyber Knife.....a robot. That part was so easy, can't help but wonder if it will work.  The thing I fear the most is the RA treatment for the thyroid, which they plan to start soon.  Total isolation for from 5 to 7 days after they administer the RA pill,and there is a special diet during this time.....and all the responsibility falls on me.  At this chapter in my life I never expected to be confronted with anything like this.....my youngest son has retired and gone to live in Pa O a little over an hour away) now but will come here whenever there is an emergency or something I can't handle. Donna lives far away but has flown here several times to help or at least be with me while Rob has been sick.  I have joined several cancer groups on Facebook and it has helped a lot learning about other people's experiences with the curse of cancer.  So many of them are so much worse off than my son is.

Don't go to church regularly any more and I miss it so much.  But things aren't as they once were any way....certain Biblical truths are never even brough up, probably because of the concern of offending people.  I still watch and listen to the messages of my new spiritual friend and teacher, Les Feldwick.  Whatever I miss on air I can get on YouTube.....his ministry is patterned after that of Dr. McGee except Les is self taught so to speak except for his likeness to the good Dr.and both are grace teachers.

Snappy, I wonder if you'll even be able to read this small print yourself but perhaps someone will read it to you.  I'm so sorry I can't do better with this.

A big hello to the gracious Issy and Ms. Lomo. May the Lord give you strength as you go about doing the things that are required of you at this time.

Till later, let me follow Dr. MacArthur and say Grace to you and all who read this. I hope everyone is OK.

My love,

HiLo

Valued Contributor

Hi, Snappy.  Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what is happening with you and your family.  I have been worried about you.  By now, your treatments are just about over, and I hope that these treatments will solve the problem.  So thankful that you have your daughter there with you.  

I hope that everything goes well for the new baby that is on the way.  

I have been very busy at work and now, we face the added problem of having the power cut off for a certain period of time in northern CA.  Such frustration, and it is a little bit frightening.  I will know when I get home tonight what is happening.  Not to mention the inconvenience.  Making sure that I have gas in the car, etc......

So, take care, dear Snappy, and come back when you can.  Always glad to hear from you.

Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo......thank you for stopping by.  Well, Simone is all settled in her beautiful new home, and she has moved out of her suite downstairs.  It is so sad when I walk by her boutique that is completely empty.  It will be interesting to see who moves in there.  I text and talk to her frequently......I really do miss her presence.

I know that you are busy with your DH and son, but thank you for making the effort.   Always good to see your name here.  Take care.