Trusted Contributor

Hi, @DeLaney! Thanks for the book title - hope it’s available for Kindle. Speaking of Jimmy Wayne; every time I hear his song, “I Love You This Much,” I bawl like a baby. 

Video link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoLFISIdH8g

Did y'all get a glimpse of the “fire ball” - the size of the moon - the other night? I don’t know if it was a meteor or the test missile fired off in Alaska by Israel. Reports of visuals in Alaska and parts of Canada, so if you were night sky watching, you may have seen it, too. 

There's my pan! TY!! I'll do a search for the best price later. 😘

It's strange how the much more serious shoulder injury hasn’t bothered me (yet) nearly as much as my head wound. I mean both are stationary for the most part. No concussion - a scalp, surface wound and I didn’t hit my head, when I fell. The edge of the shelves are so sharp - flat and blunt. I knocked my noggin on the bottom edge of the top shelf, lifting it enough that several pieces of my Polish pottery were thrown back, but didn’t break. Dropped the serving plate I was holding. Hate that! I can find another, but it won't be the same, sentimentally. 

Logan got home last night, but he returns on Wed. Wants us to go with him. I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. The kids want to go, natch. 

Marian and the boys drove to Athens, TX to see a Scottie-mix yesterday. He's been there for several months - part of a litter drooped off. Just a year and a half old and it looks like this is a go. Paper work and financial consent for the vet bills are in. They may be returning to pick him up next weekend, if all goes as planned. The boys are excited - showed us his pics on their mom's ph. He's a real cutie with a lot of spunk! They will have to walk him often, so they'll all get plenty of exercise. Our MIL has offered to pay for doggie daycare - they train them there, too. 

Love and blessings back to you! 🌟 

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @snappyfrappy - thanks for all the news. I know it's not easy for you to talk about, especially Shirley. I cried reading about her, and prayed for you, her, her daughters and sons. I hope the estranged one visits with her before the stronger pain meds are administered, but either way... I believe these visits will resonate with her soul.

I love the music selections you chose to share with her - “I Can Only Imagine” is one of my personal favorites. We sing that one in church a lot. Glad to hear her special needs son was smiling and welcomed you. 

I'm sure all of this adds to your DD's stress - she already worries for you, and one can't help but to personalize these hard situations. I hope you get a good report from your new cardiologist and you can rest - recover your strength before she returns to school. The heat is awful here, too. Real Feel above 100°. It just zaps you when you step outside. 

Love and God's protection over you. 🙏

Trusted Contributor

@agnesann - that was some dream you described to Marcia! 😳 That would freak me out, but I'm glad it helped inspire positive changes in your life. Must have been sent by your “higher angel” to your conscious mind. 

Thanks for texting the lotion name. Ordered it from a drugstore on eBay. I was shocked to see the bruising, though I was expecting it. It travels all the way down my left side, along my ribs. 

I used those dry cleaning bags a few times and even Logan complained of itching, tho nothing shrunk. The chemicals are in those, too. I will wait and see what luck Joy has with washing her tunic on the machine's gentle cycle. Just a piece or two, to wash by hand occasionally wouldn’t be too bad. 

Enjoy the beets....I had one bite and it hit my gag reflex. 🤢 Ended up having ice cream for dinner. Blueberry home made. Did your machine arrive yet? 

I only want cold foods right now - seems to help my throbbing head and stomach. I'll post a recipe for tonight's choice, tho Logan is also grilling ranch burgers out in this heat. 

Love you! 💗

Trusted Contributor

Chicken Waldorf Salad

39063183-1C2D-4D64-9437-6E337F60E10A.jpeg

2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp lemon juice
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
2 cup cooked chicken, diced
2 red apple, cored and diced
1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, sliced
2⁄3 cup celery, sliced
1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped

In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Add chicken, apples, grapes, and celery and toss to coat.

Cover and chill.

Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving.

Trusted Contributor

PS: @agnesann - I meant to say, thanks for the warning on the site troubles. I should have read here first. Went to the TV forums looking for peeps who may still be watching “Yellowstone,” which is better this season, imo. Saw the sad Valerie Harper thread and read the link before trying to reply there. That's when I learned of the tech issues here. After finally getting my post to stick, I backed out of here. One of the servers must have gone down during maintenance. I'm never sure if that includes security of our data and for our devices. I recall the big hack, too.... and Selah's tablet that was ruined here.

Missing her, btw.... come back soon, @SelahG! 😍

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @WaJa61! Good to see you and especially enjoying some R&R. No way would I attempt any amusement park in this heat. The kids never seem to mind it, tho. Ms. Sophie will always find a way to entertain herself - that prissy attention ho! 😻

What are you reading? An audiobook sounds good to me, since reading intensifies my headache. I have to prop my tablet up and type, or swipe with my right hand only. 

I'm happy that your DD has decided on the new job. Will she have to move again? I know they're both satisfied with where they are. I know she'll pass the exams, since she's already been so immersed in the same research for years now. Hope she gets good benefits, especially a solid healthcare plan. Then... on to the adoption process! Off the coast of Greece. Can you see my green eyes? Even though I know it's mostly all work - not a vacay. 

TY for testing out a tunic! I like the last one I posted best. Which will you order? Either will be adorable on you, in the right size. I do have a hand wash and a gentle cycle on my machine. Other than the first being set for a smaller load, I can't tell any difference. 

I'd love an icy cold piece of that watermelon! 🍉 Enjoy it with time with the kids. Has Jax learned to swim yet? 

Talk to you soon! 💞

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @MsLomo! TY for the laffs! I do try to cope thru humor when possible, and imagining my big 'net debut - of course it would go viral - has me spazzing and LOL. Mia doesn’t get the humor of it at all. Tells me to stop talking about it. Swore me to silence in church today. Thank God for summer hats! My bald, pointy knot tho a bit rounder is still prominent. I didn’t want to gross anyone out, or they might think I'm growing a horn up there! 😈 Wrong spot to claim it as a “phone bone” so I thought it best to cover it up. 

42E7F730-FDD8-41A1-A1D3-F29D266E15F0.jpeg

It would have matched @agnesann's new shoes perfectly! I found those on HSN: 

0543D3BB-F989-4F4E-BA59-9460C238D528.jpeg

Too cute! None left in my size. I have a long, narrow foot - size 9N, but I'm on the tall side. I hope Agnes finds them comfy. They look well made. 

Joy is a small, petite, but shapely pixie-sized woman. That's likely her foot, or could be. She and her DILs, plus Gracie do their own - each other's - manis and pedis most of the time. I'd love to be drifting away on a float in that pool, too. We don't have room for one, plus the security fence in our yard. I don't typically trust public pools, but the one at my inlaws community is nice and well maintained. We bought visitors passes, so we can hang out with them there some evenings. Out for me now until I heal. I don't even think I could safely get in and out of a pool side lounge chair right now. 

Marcia has said that those pics she leaves up here are generic, whereas those she returns to remove are not. I have done the same... post for you ladies, then remove personal pics. Too many lurk silently and who knows who they are. 

TY for your warm wishes for my recovery. ❤️ Let us know what you think of the P.C. line. New to me, too. 

Wishing you and all here a nice upcoming week! Stay cool. 

Love,

Anu 

Trusted Contributor

@Q-Anu, I think you and I together somewhere could have such fun -- and probably drive everyone around us nuts! To where they'd want to push us out of our lawn chairs. This just cracked me up:

"Hi, @MsLomo! TY for the laffs! I do try to cope thru humor when possible, and imagining my big 'net debut - of course it would go viral - has me spazzing and LOL. Mia doesn’t get the humor of it at all. Tells me to stop talking about it. Swore me to silence in church today." 

After I read that, particularly the part about Mia telling you to stop talking about it and swore you to silence in church, I couldn't help myself. Cracked me up so bad!! I am having a hard time stopping! And then what you said about the pointed head ... the horn ... the phone bone .... You are so funny!!!

I do hope you heal quickly. Poor kid!

Love the hat! 

(And I totally agree about the personal photos, etc.)

OK, I'll try to get myself together over here ....  Heart

Trusted Contributor

You'd fit right in with this motley crew, all right, @MsLomo! With Selah, Marcia, you and Anu we may never stop laughing. We're always telling those 3 we can't take them anywhere. 

@Q-Anu, I'm going to fashion you a ventilated rainbow unicorn horn to wear over your pointy knot. It's too darn hot for hats! Heal well, sweetie - and SOON! 🙏 Just wait until Selah reads about this. 

She and Luke are baaack. You'll never guess what she bought up there in N.D. One of those high tech "smart" suitcases on wheels that follows you around like a puppy. Or a butler ... it's square, thick and adorned in black fabric. She has named it "Carson" after the character from Downton Abbey. 😆

Dream sweetly, friends ... be they vivid, lucid or "normal." (Whatever that is!)

Ro'🌛

Trusted Contributor

@Rowan72 --

Smiley Very Happy 

"CARSON"! So hilarious! I've been wondering about those smart suitcases. The black fabric and the name are just perfect. It sounds like such a good idea, but what if you got a "Hal 9000" one ... that kept going after you stopped ... winding its way around strangers' ankles, tripping them up ... running away with all of your stuff inside, maybe even shaking with silent laughter while escaping! 

Anu-Nanu,

Your shoulder injury and the "fix" are giving me chills: draining the fluid and then popping it back in -- how did you stand the pain of that! UGH.

I am wondering: If you Google the name of the pattern of that beautiful and sentimental platter, would a replacement platter be available online? While it's not THE platter, still ... 

Heart