Trusted Contributor

For @agnesann - 

image.jpg

-Selah 😘

Trusted Contributor

Roasted Roma Tomatoes

4DE78500-B424-47AA-A3BB-91B2E99108C9.jpeg

Simple, fresh ingredients that are amazing together. Roast tomatoes in the oven or on your grill; you want them cooked but still firm, definitely not mushy.

8 Roma tomatoes, cut in half and seeds removed
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1 teaspoon of fresh, chopped parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preheat oven (or grill) to 375 degrees.

Mix together the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper in a bowl, working the seasonings into the cavities of the tomatoes.

Place the tomatoes, cut sides up, on a baking sheet, and sprinkle each tomato with about 1 tablespoon of feta cheese.

Bake or grill the tomatoes until cooked but still firm, about 15 minutes.

From All Recipes

Trusted Contributor

Hello, friends — posting on the fly here from a busy day in the office. Read your posts last night and noted all prayer requests. Luke and I both fell asleep in our massaging recliners in front of the TV. The heat and humidity of the day — out picking 4 bushels of pole beans after work did us in, I guess. He commented out there that it's time to go visit kin and friends back home (his native N.D.) Only fair that we try to arrange that, since he was good enough to move here (N.C.) so I can help with my parents. 

6FCB72FF-CA00-4288-BFBB-D8136C1C557E.gif Anyone ready for winter yet? 

@Q-Anu — we're getting many Romas and other tomatoes, too. I've used the above recipe a few times and it's good when you have a bunch at once. I forgot to add that Luke likes for me to include bacon bits. You could use those for your guys and leave them off for yourself. 

@snappyfrappy — terrible news on Shirley and her adult special needs son. Hoping things have calmed down some now and are being worked out. For her little dogs, too. All of this weighing on her mind is not good. God-willing you can visit her soon, after she recovers some and your pipes are all mended. Sorry for the extra expenses.

May our Lord carry you through these difficult times, when your strength wanes and your heart is heavy with sorrows. 💙

@HiLo — I'm giving thanks to our Lord for seeing Rob through that long surgery. Prayers answered, and more going up daily for his strength to help carry him through the next phase. Stage 4 is where Winona was with kidney cancer, that spread to her bladder. She was ready to go Home, but the Lord had further plans for her here. I know that often times this is not the case — some go directly from the valley to Victory. Other times Christ remains in the valley (or fire) with us for a time ... then brings us forth stronger than ever as a testament to His glory and love. He is able, as you know. When these shadows roll in, we can become afraid to believe in or expect in miracles. He knows this, and so I know the Holy Spirit — our Comforter — is alive and working within you. Remembering Ryan and Don daily to the Lord, too. We appreciate your time in updating us, as well as praying for the needs of your friends here. 💛

F6F88DD2-BF14-4E3B-A83E-55C9D445AB20.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Dear Agnes Ann. . . 

9401A37A-3C07-409A-A8E5-68758EF2CC53.jpeg

Would love to be there with you, your family and our friends to celebrate your special day! If only. . . You're more than worth it—embrace it and truly ENJOY!

Here's to another fabulous year of creating many happy memories. More than your sweet heart can hold. 💗

Sláinte! 

Marcia 

Trusted Contributor

Dearest Joy, I'm so sorry to hear of your aunt's passing, so soon after your last visit with her. She is no doubt thanking you from Eternity for the love and peace you provided her with along her journey.

53EFB7E6-7A0B-47C0-96A6-0DBAD8445E56.jpeg

. . . to you and your family. 🕊

Love Always,

—Marcia 

Trusted Contributor

Dear Snappy. . . as awful as this is for Shirley, I can also see our merciful and wise Lord's hand in it. Thanking Him for Life Alert and the care and rest she's now receiving, while being away from the chaos her son is now struggling with. How horrible it could have been, had he turned his confused violence against her. 

As MsLomo said, this crucial matter and a home for the pets must be resolved now. A bit easier on Shirley to not be faced directly with either. 

Though I can't be here often right now, my thoughts, heart and prayers are with you all daily. I can feel your tender heart breaking through your words to us. 

7338F0C5-4D59-402B-BA05-8B77A7D79DAF.gif

How much more so can our Father in Heaven. I am pleading with Him on your behalf to bring you safely through this storm. 

I also share your concern that Star's mom continues to lose weight. She must be nearing 6-months along now. I pray the sickness passes and she can eat to sustain herself and her precious daughter. 🙏🏻

Lovingly, 

Marcia 

Trusted Contributor

I've caught up on your posts, ladies and will return when I have more time to address you each. 

Wanted to let you know that my father had the knee surgery and is doing okay with the PT. I thank you for your prayers on his behalf. 

We're all keeping well—Tyler and BG are just fine. Keeping us on our toes! Loving every moment of it. 

06145641-F001-4F45-9D0D-8D5E05E5C211.jpeg

Be back soon! ❤️

Smooches, 

Marcia 

Trusted Contributor

Dear @agnesann ,

      

Happy Birthday! Heart

And hi there, Marcia!

Soooo nice to see you!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

🎉 Dear, @agnesann

image.jpg

Lots of love and best wishes! ❤️

Ruth Ann 

Respected Contributor

Hello, friends. Thank you for praying for my sister and her family and all of us.

Her son is living with his sister, but all he knows so far is that it's for a few weeks. They have to get counsel as to how to tell him the truth about his mother. They haven't emptied his bedroom and moved things to his sister's place. She says they are taking baby steps. So far, so good.

I called my sis and she tried to speak with me, but has thrush sores in her throat and is being given some sort of medication that causes her to cough, so she gave the phone to her daughter who was there.

I had a phone conversation with that niece and know more now. As far as I know, all the animals have been taken to a place in the hills that takes in senior pets to live out their lives there. Don't know whether or not the dogs and cats are in the same place, but they are safe and that's that.

I had a dental appointment today and texted my niece to tell her we want to visit on Sunday, no answer so far.

She told me that when my sis reached the hospital on Saturday, she was critical. She has a blood clot in her lung which they are treating with shots in the stomach.

She is in lots of pain. They moved her to a convelescent care facility close to her house. The plan is to give her 2 weeks to see if she can regain enough strength to go home. Never alone, but to her daughter's place and I believe it will be under hospice. My niece saw her husband through that and her BF's mother, and can barely think about doing it again, but the treatments are over. They have done what they could and my sis has been brave and fought it all the way.

DD#1 is going to see her tomorrow and try to address spiritual matters.

No new plumbing issues.

I have 3 important doctor's appointments next week, and hope to keep all of them. That's one reason I want to visit on Sunday.

Sorry I couldn't read all your texts today.

Take care,

snappy Heart