Trusted Contributor

Snappy, Issy, MsloMo, hoping everything is going good with all of You. yes we our doing Lawn Work, and Ready for Spring Here.. Yes i'm looking forward to Lawn Mowing.. i will try and get back on here Sooner.. WE got to Watch Sawyer Friday as his Big Sister is headed for College so His Mommy and Sister had things to do and they figured he would rather stay here with Us.. Him and his Great Grandpa were Chasing A Mole all over our front Lawn.. Sawyer is 1 but acts older..

Sawyer loves to be out doors and he cries if you bring him in the House.. and when he is tired he Grabs His Blanket and lays on the Floor and falls asleep.. just like his daddy always did.. Well i shall get off of here as i have things to do before BED TIME.. I Love catching up on all of these Posts.. BY BY for now..

Trusted Contributor

Cute t,

Good to see you. I hope you are resting tonight, because you will need your energy for tomorrow ... for celebration! And for cake! And for music and dancing!

Monday, March 25 (trumpets are playing!)

Your Birthday!!! 

   

Best wishes for a wonderful day!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi, Lurky,

I came here to order the spurtles and thought I see who had posted. Glad to see you. There was another FB post from my BIL that they had received the funds they needed.

My sister had told them where she wanted her ashes scattered, and they didn't want a service. He mentioned something about a possible wake sometime when they are ready. I've never been to one. I don't know whether or not she had any treatments. We knew in November that she had been hospitalized, and was bleeding internally, but nothing else. At that time she was at home. She posted that on FB but didn't answer DD#1 who tried to connect with her then. Nothing was posted until last week.

So kind of you to contribute to those in need whom you don't know. My half brother, her full brother hasn't posted anything unless it's private. I suppose he could have communicated with them some other way. They were all they had.

Thank you for caring. My full sister has 3 more daily shots to boost her immune system, then a little while before treatment #5 of 6.

Have a good week...it was in the low 70s here today.

snappy

Respected Contributor

Dear cute, what a treat to see you! We miss you when you aren't able to post. Hope the weather is good soon so you can take Maybelline out for a spin!!

Grateful your GS and his dad had the family business details in order. He is an amazing young man.

Take care of yourself, enjoy the little ones.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR CUTE!

Maybe your hubby will make YOU an upside down cake as you do for him.

All the best, dear friend.

snappy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hello, @cute t — you're welcome and thanks for the news on your grandson being deeded the family business. It sounds like the business is growing by leaps and bounds. Wonderful news! Clearly his father made the right choice. Giving speeches is not something I could ever do, so kudos to him and best wishes going forward. 

I'm happy you and your hubby got to spend quality time with Sawyer. Did they catch the mole? We have plenty of those here in N.C., too. Those and their sneaky cousins, voles. I had to stop feeding the birds because they were rooting up through the ground and nabbing all the seeds that dropped. Then they start in on my flower bulbs. Enjoy your lawn mowing soon. It's great exercise, unless it gets too hot. Then I have to pass it off to the younger ones. 

I found this card that must have been made especially for you! ❤️

A28E6E1D-716D-4D36-AC13-452AE2ABF4BA.jpeg

And since this party includes dancing—here's your guy! 

79DAB42E-42F3-4ECB-BCCC-3102D37E1925.gif

Many happy returns! 💃

(Thanks to @MsLomo for the reminder!) 

-Selah 😘

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @snappyfrappy — did you get your spurtles? I always miss the presentations here and have never purchased those sold on QVC. Let us know if you like them. I know they are originally out of Scotland and are round like these:

081110A7-00B8-4A6B-804C-620AEFEEE7BC.jpeg

I can’t see as I'd have much use for one. I have this pakkawood set of utensils that I bought on Amazon by Crate Collective:

5550F3BB-4A1E-4FEB-9990-6C6B2C03C6E0.jpeg

I've been using them since we moved here and I love the useful shapes and durability. I recently added these for salads: 

5E9273AC-7E62-43DC-880A-5BEC26D86E49.jpeg

Very handy! These make good gifts, and it's nice that they're safe, eco-friendly and made in the USA. 

F4050F9D-483E-41C0-BBDC-553DC81947C5.jpeg

I remember attending a wake once as a child—it was for a neighbor back in Raleigh. They held this in the home, before the funeral and I later learned that wakes were traditionally held during the first 3 days after death … in case the person woke up! Meaning they weren't actually deceased. This was so no one need fear being buried alive. Later, it became a kind a casual memorial service. There is usually food and beverages offered, while family and friends share memories of the deceased. I recall photo albums being passed around. I think some are held in funeral homes these days. 

To tell the truth … I don’t want any big deal type funeral after I die either. No open coffin viewing, etc. I told Luke to just let them wrap me in a shroud—a pine casket is fine, and have the simple, Christian graveside burial service for the family. Were it not for the family maybe needing closer … even that wouldn’t be necessary, as far as my beliefs go. A lot of it is just for show … just like too many weddings, imo. I have lived simply, so why not journey forward the same way? My parents are likeminded on it and have made their arrangements. Luke and I need to get it down on paper again. We had to sell our old burial plots in N.D. before we moved here. Lord willing, we'll never move again, so have to buy local ones. 

I know Shirley, and the whole family will be thankful to have these treatments behind her. I pray forever, and may the nerve pain in her feet subside. 

Enjoy your week! It’s warm here, too, but cloudy. See you again soon. 

-Selah ❤️

Trusted Contributor

@WaJa61 — Joy, I hope I didn’t talk your ear off Sat night! 😁 All these details … but I should have safely assumed, despite your recent illness, that you, your family, friends  and sweet Agnes had everything squared away. Now we can relax and just look forward to coming! Rowan found (on eBay) and ordered our father the Euro Nitro rollater that Anu told us about here. That has already shipped, so he'll have time to practice with it before our trip. 

I have decided to try to stain the shutters to match the cabinet. Stencils! That’s what I need. I just want to add a touch of greenery to the frame. I bought this stained glass ornament at the garden show: 

EA881878-E53F-4076-AD41-7DAAFA960179.jpeg

Luke fastened it to the laundry room window for me. Maybe I can find a stencil with the leaves and berries to match for my shutter doors. 😊 

Did you get your hair spray? I have plenty since I've been buying directly from Nick's site. 

Luke (and Chay) have both suggested as you have about the guest cottage for my aunt and uncle. Even if temporary, because the kids and grandkids can use it, too, when they visit. It may come to this, since as Ruth Ann guessed … they feel funny about moving to a new area among strangers. They have been in the same house/neighborhood for over 40 years! They like the Doctor our father and Winona sees. We'll have to get their records transferred. 

Thank you for everything! 😘 We'll chat more soon, and that worm moon was spot on. They have been washing up everywhere with the heavy rains. Should make for some good fishing soon. 

@LurkyLoo, I'm glad that Gwen was finally able to return to her dorm room. I know you will miss her, though. Take it easy on your eyes until they fully heal. Thank you for the prayers, sweet lady—and for checking in with us. I think you're right about the gardening … why court troubles? I'm going to make your chicken salad recipe for dinner tonight with the chopped Granny Smith apples and pecans. Found some beautiful cherry tomatoes that I'll slice and add, too. Can hardly wait! 

Take care and stay blessed,

-Selah ❤️

Respected Contributor

❤️ Dear @cute t ....

3CA40633-32D2-46CA-9999-75B7FD172B89.gif

...and many, many more!! 🍧

Respected Contributor

Dear Snappy, thanks for your sweet compliments on our house and the wreaths. I figure it's safe to share from that side view not seen from the road. Sometimes a pic really is worth a thousand words when trying to explain. I know that you and DD2 have done a lot to your house, too, and I'm sure it’s beautiful as well as comfortable! 

Your poor BIL has sure had a hard life long before losing his wife. I'm thankful he's close to his son, who I hope has good health, and that they will have the funds needed to carry them through these difficult times. I know there's a lot of scams through GoFundMe, but it can also be a Godsend in times of need. 

I'm sorry your half-sister's death felt so abrupt to you and your side of the family... and then no service, as of yet. There have been a few like that in my DH's family, too with just cremation. Funeral expenses plays a large part in it for many. My FIL had his urn buried in the family plot, back in West VA. We had a memorial service there ~ just a family gathering at his sister's house. He had been an agnostic all his life. 

Is the newer antibiotic working well for you? Hope it keeps the UTI at bay until you return to the IDS. And well beyond! Must be so frustrating dealing with it over and over again. 

I think my DIL, Suz is finally over the virus, but this whole episode has resulted in a serious lupus flare. We have to watch her closely, and in fact... now that Selah reminded me; I want to look into that rolling walker for her, too. She's very unsteady due to the pain in most all of her joints. This thing would be safer while tootling around the house. 

Going now to check eBay for that, and maybe Amazon for those nice kitchen utensils! I could sure use some new ones if the price is right. 

Thank you, Selah for the tips! I also love the stained glass bird window ornament! Very sweet, and I'm sure you can find the matching stencil. I'm looking so forward to seeing your family soon!! 

Great seeing, cute, MsLomo and Ruth Ann here. Been thinking about you ladies! 

I'll be back soon, dear ones. ~Joy 💜