Respected Contributor

Hello, MsLomo, praying that your hubby will continue to heal however slowly. Grateful the fever is gone. It's hard to see our menfolk in pain.

Thank you for the dates for Anu's exams. Somehow I thought it was earlier in the month. I'm certain you have been a tremendous help to her. Nothing like advice from someone who really knows what's coming.

My DDIL was coming tomorrow to bring Sunny here for a visit, but the baby is sick. I think it's just a cold, but I don't want or need it. My desire was to cuddle her half to death, which would have exposed me to her bug, so we will try again, maybe March 1st.

As for a baby boy, it wouldn't surprise me if Sunny is an only child. It's too soon for them to be planning another one, but Star is more than 20 months old. I talked with my GS once. He said they discuss it, but her mom has issues that need to be resolved first. And, of course, it could be another little girl. I'd like a boy since he would carry my hubby's last name and have my maiden name as his first name. How important is that???

She said something about it on the phone the other day, but was interrupted. Before Star was born, her mommy said she thought 18 months to 2 years between was about right, but it's already too late for that. Anyway, that's between them and God. I'd just love to see them. Duo is very nice, but not like a real hug.

DD#2 has a cough, but thinks it's allergy. Glad this is a holiday for her and tomorrow she will have a sub so she can keep her doctor appointment. This is a new endocronologist. Hope he's not one of those who just order way too many tests. After 26 or so years, she knows the thyroid is gone.

DD#1 is coming out to spend a little time with me on a day without a doctor visit. Bringing me a frapp.

I do pray you and your dear hubby feel all better soon.

snappy Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, DeLaney,

Happy to know you had a good visit in Ireland and that your Gram is here now enjoying the babies and will soon be cooking and baking.

Sorry your maternity leave is over. My GD got 3 months, but it was still not enough.

Got a big "bang" out of your walkie talkie schtick...spelling?

You could take that show on the road!

It poured cats, dogs and other small animals on Valentine's day so the cuddle date was cancelled. Was to be tomorrow, but Sunny has a cold, and this old GG doesn't want it. Will try again to find a good date with they and DD#1 can be here. She is coming to visit me tomorrow.

The Elmo purse is so cute! Star's mommy sent me some new videos of her. So funny. She's starting to speak, not clearly, but her daddy wasn't able to do that at her age, so I feel better about her speech development.

So sorry that Joy is having such trouble recovering. That chair sounds like one DD#1 got for herself. She LOVES it. Sits there anytime she can to work or read or chill, or sleep.

I'm also watching Victoria, and enjoyed the 2 part series on Princess Margaret.

Enjoy the day, whether the presidents are feted or not!

snappy Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Hello, Issy — sorry I am just now able to get back to you. We lost cell ph signals due to low temps and ice. Had to rely on sat ph for work and other emergencies. It's better in town, at least today, so I am able to check back in on a break, with you and the ladies. 🤗 

I have written much above for you all about both babies, after promising to not bore you all too much. Oops! 😚 A hard one to keep. Now I'm having trouble keeping my gob shut about them so much at work. Causes me to miss them all the more, during my shifts, too. Just had a co-worker ask: “Do you realize you are sharing all of this, thru. . . tears?” She is quite young, bless her, and single with no children yet. Maybe can't relate too well, and I was over-sharing. I do get emotional, because I'm so happy to finally have our son and BG. Plus it's hard leaving them daily, overwhelming at times, but I'm slowly adjusting. I think! 😜

Both babes continue to do well. Thank you for asking, sweet lady! How is Elijah doing? I bet he is tired of the rain by now, too. Enough, all ready, right? I've seen news footage in some areas of CA with the flooding and landslides. Have prayed for your and Snappy's safety. Can also be risky while driving, like our snow and ice. We've had countless road accidents here, due mainly to ice. I'm thankful for those who can stay at home and await the melt. Stay safe! 🙏🏻

Ooh, crab! 😋 I would love some fresh seafood. We do get some in the stores and restaurants from mainly Alaska, but you'd better be there early—doesn’t last long! I'm happy you enjoyed the feast, despite the weather. 

So sorry your shopping friend has to move. ☹️ I'm sure she will keep in touch with you, and never forget all the special times you've shared. I adore the keepsakes idea, and your tiny, blingy shoe sounds fabu—just like you! ⭐️ 

I still have the photo montage my university friends made  for me when I had to leave and come here (from Dublin, IRE), all those years ago, and help my parents care for my (now, late) brother. It has individual photos of us during various activities together. They each signed those, then my bestie (an art student) mounted them all together in a large, clover-shaped frame. I have that hanging yet in my home-office/Tyler's nursery. We do still keep in contact, and I wish this for you and your dear friend, too. ❤️❤️

Blessings to you, as you move through your grief. There's no way 'round it. Just thru it, at your own, unique pace. You are wise enough to know this, and I'm praying for your strength as you journey thru it. 

Much Love Always,

—Marcia 💛💐

Trusted Contributor

Hello, today, Snappy—thanks for the post! Also read your others here and “Happy Love Day,” has me undone! 😍 What a precious child Star is. I hope if she gets an Elmo purse, she'll have fun putting her little, special treasures inside and carry them with her. I remember House-sitting a lot, both during my youth, and following the gas pipe explosion that burned down my, and my neighbors' homes. I was thankful for the opportunities—even the diversions. But it is a lot of constant changes to adjust to. For adults, so I can only imagine how it feels for a wee one.  They typically want their familiars close at hand, even the more adventurous souls, like Star. 

Aye, your GD was lucky to get the 3-months off, but at first, especially. . . No amount of time feels “enough.” I hope it's not guilt-related, as tho she is failing her baby. No need for adding that in!

I balance this separation-anxiety with the reality of the facts, in my case. . . Had I waited much longer to adopt, when the time may have felt more “right” professionally and economically. . . I would be aging out. You can’t adopt a grandchild! 🤓 I mean unless it is your natural grandchild already. I'd be too old, is my point, so now is the only “right” time left to me. Tyler and BG need us now—that's the main thing, anyway. I wish your GD and her DH peace with their future decisions. True, those are theirs to make, but a great-grandson—or two!—would be yet more to cherish and celebrate for you and your family. (I like what MsLomo said, too! If perfectionism is any part of child-raising. . . Nothing like upping the odds against that with more children! 😅😉 We all know the Phantom Perfect Parent doesn’t exist, unless where rainbow unicorns hide—with the wee folk, and that elusive 'pot o' gold'). 

Very sorry that Sunny is sick and the hug-fest had to be postponed. I agree it's for the best, tho—for both of your sakes. No doubt she would have been miserable, maybe even more symptomatic out of her comfort zone. Praying for her quick recovery and safe return to your lovely arms. 🙏🏻 In the means. . . Enjoy your time with both DDs, I hope DD2 only has allergies. Not this crud going about, such as Joy has been battling. She has a re-check today. ✌🏻

That Magic Chair seems like the perfect fit for many—all? I shall check that out when I learn the brand. Then, watch my household battle over it! 😈 

Tonight Gram will be serving up her tradition Irish Stew with Soda Bread. A Peach Cobbler with fresh whipped cream for dessert. I can hardly contain myself! BG can have all of this, smashed up. She loves to sit in her high chair and watch us cook—it may be in her blood. Then, too, she picks up on new words daily there and we show our encouragement to each new one. She gets more ideas and vocabulary via her grandmother, my parents, Mike, his parents and sister's family, Gram, though her accent is thicker, etc. It's important to make sure they then, really connect the word to the object with understanding. She's of that age—tho on the higher spectrum of such comprehension currently. This could drop off or escalate, of course. 

It sounds like Star may not have quite made the connection between some words and things yet. Or she can't draw upon which words she needs to express what she wants to convey clearly. She is mostly repeating verbatim as best as she can pronounce other's word. Her focus is there now, while she gathers that skill. It will come though and she will be off chatting away like her Dad did soon! 🤗

Isn’t watching the development fascinating? Also the changes in us all, that just seem to happen. Their effect on us, emotionally and otherwise. That's part of the new me in the tub, that really surprises Mike, my parents and myself. BG will likely never realize just how much she has helped to prepare us as parents. I would love to give her a journal or video explaining my love and appreciation, but it's not allowed. When she leaves, it must be a full break. Hard, but I respect the reasons why. It's not about me coping in a future without her. It's all about her surviving and thriving within her new forever family and future. As herself. 

🙏🏻 Continue for Shirley thru her battle—she is as a shield maiden under God and for her beloved family. Bless them all! Stay safe and well—glad you have only the pleasure side of rain and can enjoy your warmer outfits. I'll return when I can. Sure to be less often, now that I'm back to work. My thoughts, as always, remain with you and each of our friends here. ❤️

Much Love Always, 

—Marcia 😘

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Irish Stew with Soda Bread? A Peach Cobbler with fresh whipped cream for dessert? OH, MY! YESSSS!

Spoiler
Cat Very Happy Gram? Gram? Coming through ... coming through! If everyone would PLEASE get out of my way! Cat Frustrated

I love hearing about Hal ("Kindu"), Star and Sunny, Elijah, and Tyler and BG! I can't get enough stories about these darling children. 

Joy, please get better soon. We miss you.

Issy, thinking about you.

Anu, please get rest and eat good food (until it's time to go to Dairy Queen). We will be with you at Dairy Queen! I'm going to get a cone dipped in chocolate, and how about when the chocolate cracks and a big piece falls off and lands on one's lap. Hmph. That's OK -- still worth it! (I may need to go to DQ tomorrow to practice the celebration-that-the-test-is-over trip.)

Heart

Occasional Contributor

hello

Been awhile since I've been here ..... 

I am so sad . I lost my toby ... He was known here as killer the wonder dog ... I had him for 18 years ... He was my constant companion, especially since I retired. He went everywhere with me. He was the best travel companion. My kids were never this good in the car ... I knew every motel 6 ( allow dogs for free 😁 ) we got a dog stroller and took him to Niagara Falls .. He loves it. He could smell all the scents and feel the breeze from the falls. ( he was nearly blind and and tired on long walks) .

He had his pillow beside my chair and in the evening  we watched T.V. I waited till he fell asleep put his blanket over him and could go to bed myself. There was no going to bed until he decided to go to sleep... 

I loved that little guy so much. I held him in my arms as he died ... I miss him so much... The pain of losing him makes tears come ... I've tried to act on around my friends   no one likes a weekly old woman crying over a dog ... So I save my tears and put on the sad but brave face for them .... But when I sit in my chair and look at the T.V. The tears just keep rolling down my face ...He was the bestest little dog ...

Killer, the wonder dog !   And now he broke my heart ...

Thank you for listening ....

Patty Kate 

Trusted Contributor

Dear Patty Kate, I am so sorry to hear about Toby -- Killer, the Wonder Dog -- your best buddy, and the name I totally associate with you, LadyAnn. You will always be the heroine who helped save our "hello" thread so long ago!

You and Toby were best friends for 18 years, so of course you are in tears! You don't have to hide them here. Heart (((Hugs)))

Respected Contributor

@LadyAnn / Patty Kate, of course we have missed you here, and remember well your beloved Toby, the Wonder Dog. My heart breaks for you during such a profound loss. Thank you for sharing such sweet memories of Toby with us ~ a warm and insightful memorial of his delightful spirit. One of a kind, for sure. ❤️

I hope you return soon to share more with us ~ whenever you feel moved to. Please let us know how you are doing. We understand and we care. 🌹

9736C216-EFE3-46D2-836F-5C4FC2E8FA98.jpeg

~Joy 💜

Respected Contributor

Thank you, dear @MsLomo for caring and asking about me. ❤️ I have missed chatting with you ladies so much. I knew Marcia would be thoughtful enough to share my messages with everyone here. (We have to yank her out of Baby Bliss every now and then! 😉) Just as she gave me short “briefings” on each of you. 

Been praying for you and MrLomo, and I'm thankful to read you are both coming along ~ him more gradually with his infection and so many ribs to heal. These infections sure can be resistant ~ devilish ~ I say. Mine has been, but then I was born with the immune system of a gnat. I await to hear what the tests and labs will show from yesterday's visit, but can tell you, I'm very weak and sore from all the coughing. Legs feel like rubber from being off my feet for so long, so like you... I'm watching every step. Using an old wooden, hand-carved walking stick that hubby bought from the Cherokees' shop down near Selah and Rowan. That Euro rollater Anu showed us is looking very attractive to me! Can carry things on the seat, I presume. I do believe I'm healing... just taking a long time, as usual for me. 

Take it easy and give Spoiler Kitty a smooch from me! She tickles me with her honesty ~ like a child! 😸

Sending love and gratitude! 

~Joy ❤️

Respected Contributor

@DeLaney ~ did you get your Dad a can opener yet? If not, I can vouch for 2 Hamilton Beach models. Go to BB&B. Check out the Smooth Touch model, which is great for average cans. Then you said LARGE cans of olives, and so also look at the Classic Chrome Heavyweight model. That one won't tip over with larger, heavier cans. Bonus, the metal top pops off and goes in the dish washer. 

Thank you for being such a help to me ~ such a love! You'll be happy to know that sweet Emma has seen someone for her fear of driving and panic attacks. They gave her something to help head those off, temporarily, and it seems to be working. She will go to pick out her new vehicle this weekend! 

Thanks to you, and All here for praying for her. 

Kiss the babies for me ~ germ free! 

~Joy ❤️