Trusted Contributor

@Issy379, thanks for sharing the story of J.M. running away from school! 😅❤️ Picturing it all in my mind's eye from your great telling. That sweet memory is a keeper, for sure! 

Prayers for your dear sister-in-law, and your dear self. 

Love you so much! ❤️❤️

Trusted Contributor

Sunday blessings to you ladies! 😊

20FD3C81-368C-473A-B5B5-CE223B04874A.jpeg

Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing. I really did enjoy your story- your sweet trip down memory lane with your brother and mother, Issy! ❤️ Thank you for sharing that with us. 

Delaney, you should know better than to think I would ever become bored with hearing all of the baby updates! Keep them coming, please- you and everyone else. 

Snappy, have you seen or heard from Star and Sunny recently? I prayed and hope that those who had the flu have recovered nicely by now. Not too much of it going around here, that I've heard about, thankfully. Plenty illnesses in general anyway. Cold here, with more snow by Tuesday. Is it still raining there? I'm glad that you and your DD were able to turn your mattress and that it helped! Wonderful news that Dr. Eye Candy can continue to treat you. We thank the Lord! No heart trouble is some of the best news anyone could wish for- hooray! Hope you have no trouble bowing out of jury duty. I used to actually enjoy it, but I'm no longer able either. Prayers on high for Shirley. Our minister included her in our prayer service this morning. Wish you could have seen and heard the children’s choir today. They were especially adorable and sang like little angels. 

Selah, if you haven’t located a good blueberry muffin recipe by now.. just let me know. I have a few you can choose from among. How is your knee? 

Joy, so sorry about the drippy nose and sneezing! Surely this bug will pass in time for the Super Bowl party. Iguanas.. do they eat insects? Ralph might be of benefit to those of you who farm. Either way, I'll be over here with MsSophie- keeping my distance from any reptiles. I only like the little guy on the GEICO ads. 😜 

Going to get ready for dinner now. Not sure what they're serving. I've been busy reading and posting about the forums, while watching reruns of classic TV. Still making the weighted blankets and taking in some clothes for hemming and other alterations, too. Christmas gifts to friends and neighbors that don’t quite fit. 😉

Have a good evening and week ahead, friends! 

❤️ Ruth Ann

Respected Contributor

Hi, Issy, I hope the time in Palm Springs helps your SIL. The weather is just perfect right now. I'm so sorry for her and all of you, but glad you have fun memories that you can share with each other. It helps the healing process, and keeps the person alive in a very real way.

From my perspective, I'm allowed to see Dr. Eye Candy because God answered my prayers and said "yes". The doc said the insurance company decided he didn't have very many patients insured by them, so they backed off.

The celebration for my SIL's brother's wife is going on right now. There have been several family gatherings including the private burial this morning. Everyone is so tired.

Hope you have a good week.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi, DeLaney, I'm glad you removed Tyler's picture. He's absolutely precious, but I don't trust personal things on line. Just me. I can't remember how old BG is, but also think she is very advanced in her speech. Star is 19 months, and tries to repeat words, but they aren't clear to me and while I don't worry about it, I do remember that her daddy didn't speak until after 3 years old with therapy. Of course he is a chatter box now at almost 35 years of age!

Your family will absolutely take good care of your little boy when you return to work, but it's not going to be easy. My GD leaves Sunny with her mom, but it's hard for her.

Actually, my DIL is worn out since Sunny is a fussy baby who sleeps very little.

BTW, we are a bunch of moms and grandmas who are NOT going to ever get bored hearing about your little guy. And we know you will be tolerant of us when we do a bit of bragging.

The memorial celebration is going on now. My prayers are there with them.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, Lurky, always a pleasure to hear from you. It's 76 here right now at 3 in the afternoon. Hope it warms up there and that you stay well in the meantime.

I think the family is mostly well now.

Thank you for your prayers for my sister. It touched my heart to know your pastor prayed for her. How special.

I almost never hear from Sunny. Now and then her mom posts something on line and DD#1 sends it to me. I've only seen her 3 times and not gotten to cuddle her, so I love her, but don't feel like I really know her. She's a fussy baby.

Probably not all the time, but when I've been with her.

My DIL takes care of her, so I know she sits up alone, but still falls over sometimes and that she can turn over but doesn't like to be on her tummy. She gets up on her knees, but doesn't try to crawl as yet. She will be 7 months old on the 3rd. Probably won't see her until around Easter.

Star's mommy sends me pix and little videos frequently and sometimes calls on DUO. Star tries to say words and does, but not clearly to these ears. She is very smart, understands everything and catches on quickly. Interested in everything. The last video was of her putting on her sunglasses and taking them off after someone says "where's Star?". Then she says "uh oh" and smiles.DD#2 got to church this morning. Glad for every reason. I was up but the aching in my back radiates out to my abdomen and I wasn't sure if I could make it. Didn't know it in advance, but this was the worship director's last day. He and his wife are going to law school. Had no idea.

And there were baptisms, and our favorite of the pastors spoke today. We wish expository teaching were still to be found, but he comes closest to that and is still in his 20s with lots of potential. A tender heart that has suffered.

I know I'll hear from DD#1 sometime this afternoon after the things surrounding the service are over.

If you hear from HiLo, please say "HiLo" to her for me...

snappySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi Snappy:

It's old HiLo herself saying hi to you today too!  Have been so busy with the extra people plus dog and bird here that I haven't been on this site since I last wrote to you.

It seems like there is something happening all the time, births, illnesses and deaths, it seems constantly.  My brother is my latest concern because he is not yet able to get around due to the numbness that suddenly took over his arms and legs.  Even after a month of rehab things are no better.  Now the rehab is coming to him at home but making little or to him, no progress.  They are no further along with making a diagnois than they were 6 weeks ago.  Makes me so sad; he has struggled with MS for so long now but at least it hadn't affected anything but one leg.  Several tests have proven this new condition is not due to the MS though.  He has been very positive through it all and says he knows the Lord has a plan for all that's happening.  I will say that his witness has now become even stronger too.

I love the way you talk about your babies; it's wonderful you are able to enjoy them even though you don't see them much.  I have never seen my 2 in Dallas and probably never will unless they visit in this area at some point and I'm not expecting that.  All her family is in Dallas and they just don't seem to go anywhere else.  My grandson travels a lot for his work so I suppose he's content with his parents coming to see him.

You are so right about how hard it is to take care of young children and work but parents these days seem to do it well. My GS's wife is a teacher and also works outside the home but GS does help out a lot at home too.  Have to give these working parents a lot of credit.

It's so sad that there is no word at least once and awhile for those who used to post on the Widow's site.  I have thought about some of them from time to time, especially those who were continuing to have such a hard time.  You can be sure that your wise and kind words helped many of them get through that most difficult time in their lives. Mama S particularly comes to mind.....her problems were particularly disturbing and I so hope some of them have worked out for her.   I have always heard that one should never allow one person to be their life and that certainly proved true in her case, bless her heart.  

I have all the sympathy in the world for widows and those who have lost children.  Several of my neighbors have lost children and grandchildren, the younger ones generally in car accidents so I do try to keep contact with them for as long as I'm able.

Am planning to stay here in my home until I can no longer manage being on my own.....if that means I must go into a home, well God will give me the grace for that too.

No need for me to complain, He has been so good to me but am happy that you and your daughter can be together.  Hope today is one of those better days for you Snasppy.  

My best to you, dear friend,

HiLo

Respected Contributor

@snappyfrappy wrote:

Hello, Lurky, always a pleasure to hear from you. It's 76 here right now at 3 in the afternoon. Hope it warms up there and that you stay well in the meantime.

I think the family is mostly well now.

Thank you for your prayers for my sister. It touched my heart to know your pastor prayed for her. How special.

I almost never hear from Sunny. Now and then her mom posts something on line and DD#1 sends it to me. I've only seen her 3 times and not gotten to cuddle her, so I love her, but don't feel like I really know her. She's a fussy baby.

Probably not all the time, but when I've been with her.

My DIL takes care of her, so I know she sits up alone, but still falls over sometimes and that she can turn over but doesn't like to be on her tummy. She gets up on her knees, but doesn't try to crawl as yet. She will be 7 months old on the 3rd. Probably won't see her until around Easter.

Star's mommy sends me pix and little videos frequently and sometimes calls on DUO. Star tries to say words and does, but not clearly to these ears. She is very smart, understands everything and catches on quickly. Interested in everything. The last video was of her putting on her sunglasses and taking them off after someone says "where's Star?". Then she says "uh oh" and smiles.DD#2 got to church this morning. Glad for every reason. I was up but the aching in my back radiates out to my abdomen and I wasn't sure if I could make it. Didn't know it in advance, but this was the worship director's last day. He and his wife are going to law school. Had no idea.

And there were baptisms, and our favorite of the pastors spoke today. We wish expository teaching were still to be found, but he comes closest to that and is still in his 20s with lots of potential. A tender heart that has suffered.

I know I'll hear from DD#1 sometime this afternoon after the things surrounding the service are over.

If you hear from HiLo, please say "HiLo" to her for me...

snappySmiley Happy

Hi Snappy:

It's old HiLo herself saying hi to you today too!  Have been so busy with the extra people plus dog and bird here that I haven't been on this site since I last wrote to you.

It seems like there is something happening all the time, births, illnesses and deaths, it seems constantly.  My brother is my latest concern because he is not yet able to get around due to the numbness that suddenly took over his arms and legs.  Even after a month of rehab things are no better.  Now the rehab is coming to him at home but making little or to him, no progress.  They are no further along with making a diagnois than they were 6 weeks ago.  Makes me so sad; he has struggled with MS for so long now but at least it hadn't affected anything but one leg.  Several tests have proven this new condition is not due to the MS though.  He has been very positive through it all and says he knows the Lord has a plan for all that's happening.  I will say that his witness has now become even stronger too.

I love the way you talk about your babies; it's wonderful you are able to enjoy them even though you don't see them much.  I have never seen my 2 in Dallas and probably never will unless they visit in this area at some point and I'm not expecting that.  All her family is in Dallas and they just don't seem to go anywhere else.  My grandson travels a lot for his work so I suppose he's content with his parents coming to see him.

You are so right about how hard it is to take care of young children and work but parents these days seem to do it well. My GS's wife is a teacher and also works outside the home but GS does help out a lot at home too.  Have to give these working parents a lot of credit.

It's so sad that there is no word at least once and awhile for those who used to post on the Widow's site.  I have thought about some of them from time to time, especially those who were continuing to have such a hard time.  You can be sure that your wise and kind words helped many of them get through that most difficult time in their lives. Mama S particularly comes to mind.....her problems were particularly disturbing and I so hope some of them have worked out for her.   I have always heard that one should never allow one person to be their life and that certainly proved true in her case, bless her heart.  

I have all the sympathy in the world for widows and those who have lost children.  Several of my neighbors have lost children and grandchildren, the younger ones generally in car accidents so I do try to keep contact with them for as long as I'm able.

Am planning to stay here in my home until I can no longer manage being on my own.....if that means I must go into a home, well God will give me the grace for that too.

No need for me to complain, He has been so good to me but am happy that you and your daughter can be together.  Hope today is one of those better days for you Snasppy.  

HiLo

Trusted Contributor

@HiLo, I copied your post to Snappy and enlarged the font to size 5.  Smiley Happy

Hi Snappy:

HiLo

Respected Contributor

Hello, HiLo,

Thank you for making the time to post here. I'm so sorry for your dear brother. Stopped to pray for him that the doctors will figure out what is wrong so they can help him.

So very grateful for his faith and his witness for the Lord.

I have been wondering if you have a plan about where to live, so I appreciate knowing that for the forseeable future, you plan on staying in your home where I know you are comfortable. Having DD here is a tremendous blessing and I do know the praise belongs to the Lord. She is so tired of working with parents and the terrible direction curriculum is going, but if possible, she needs to work one more year after this one. I'm praying the Lord will enable me to live and be able to take care of myself at least until then.

I wish you could see the babies in TX. Do they send you pictures and little videos? Can you speak with them on an app like Duo? They change so fast. When Star's mommy calls on Duo, she looks at me and hears me, but I'm not sure she remembers who I am. She really likes me to push her in my walker. I showed her how to set the brakes and she thought that was great fun on Christmas.

Oh, on Sunday my SIL's brother's wife was buried and her mother and dad and brother were there. How terribly sad to bury one's on child. The mother is from Japan and speaks little English, but she hung on to DD#1 and wept. They stayed at the graveside until the casket was buried and the sod put in place. The rest of the family was together having a meal. DD and her hubby think it's a respectful thing to stay until the burial is complete, but the others didn't want to do that.

I think about MamaS and pray for her. She concerned me a lot, and I also pray she has found peace with her girls and the grandkids and is doing better. Also remembering her real deep down needs. There are others also and I hope that their absence means they have been able to move on and deal with their grief.

We were so grateful for the rain, and we might get some more this weekend. It's sunny and warm. I know it's very cold where many of you are and I pray you stay warm and safe.

I think I slept almost 10 hours straight last night. Didn't get up at all. My back was SO stiff, but I was able to get a shower. I always thank the Lord when I step out. Whew! Another safe day.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the week and stay well and safe.

Love,

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo....how kind of you! But, I'm not surprised. You are such a dear person. Actually, this is font size 4 and it's just fine. The pitting on my corneas was gone when I last saw Dr. Eye Candy. It's amazing that the antibiotic the infectious disease doctor has me taking is helpful for my eyes! Win-win.

How is the weather where you are? It's so cold and snowy in the east and north, or so it seems.

Have a wonderful day,

snappy Heart