Trusted Contributor

Hello, dear ladies and a good Friday to all. Hope your weather is better than ours. Very cold rain pelting down here- changing to snow tomorrow. I had to go out in this to my cardiologist appt and to pick up a few things from the drugstore. Glad I have the boots with orthopedic insoles, thanks to the advice of some very kind posters here. I intend to stay in through the weekend, though. Have plenty here to keep me busy- including two books from the mobile library. 

Wanted you all to know I'm praying faithfully for each petition requested here.. and my heart just breaks for baby Martin and his family. I asked the Lord to guide Michelle in her hard decision over the surgery. 

Joy: I'm sorry too about the frightening accident Emma had. Ice is impossible to traverse. I pray she has no lasting injuries- or any to crop up later from this. Can you get a temporary substitute to help assist you? I know the visitors flock there for the ski slopes this time of year, so the resort stays busy. 

Selah, any bride couldn’t possibly go wrong with that second dress! Have you and Rowan found something to wear yet? When is Debra's wedding? I know Josh and Becky are waiting for warmer weather as they want an outdoor wedding. I don’t get STARZ, so can’t see Outlander unless I go to Gert's. She no longer mentions it, so may have lost interest. I'll watch Victoria, too, but I'm really waiting for the next season of Wolf Hall. If I live to see it! No excuse for it taking so long to return. 😤

Snappy, bless you! You're getting more than enough rain now. Hope it sees you all through the dryer months. I'm enjoying the new mattress so far, even though it's still in the “breaking in” phase. My neighbor recently got one of those My Pillow Mattress Tops like they show on TV. She loves it (plus the 2 free pillows) but it added about 3” to her bed. No problem for her, but I would have had more trouble getting in and out of it. I'm short and stiff- can’t speak for you, but thought it might interest you. I hope you find something soon that will be more comfortable. Most of those we order comes with the trial period- some 120 days. Would be a pain to send it back, even at no cost.. and where would we sleep while awaiting the next one? The sofa, I suppose.

Your pastor's wife amazes me, too! Or rather, the Spirit working through her. I've no doubt that will continue until her purpose here is fulfilled. I can’t help but to want her to be healed, though, while yet with us. Sorry your SIL's sister-in-law couldn't be. We lost a neighbor to pancreatic cancer on Monday. A gentleman I didn’t know well, and he had apparently suffered through various treatments, too, then refused more since it had spread so and the odds given him were very low. He was a WWII veteran and he is missed by many here who knew him better. The men are all wearing the black arm band as a sign of their mourning. 

I'm glad to hear that Shirley's son is working again- best all around for everyone. My her faith sustain her through these new treatments and may they cure her. 

Have a nice, safe weekend, friends. Look out for the Super Blood Wolf Moon to rise Monday around 12:45 am. Should be quite a sight, if the skies are clear in your area. I know Marcia, Mike, Agnes, Darrell, Jacob and others here will be viewing it through telescopes. Will probably be too cloudy here, and though I'm semi-retired.. that's a bit too late for me. Past my bedtime....

DAA6E405-A9B0-44B4-9A26-49674B346E89.jpeg

Love and Hugs all around,

Ruth Ann 💞

Valued Contributor

Hello ladies.  I haven't been here for a while, and it is through tears and great sadness that I have to tell you that my dear brother, J.M. has passed away.  If some of you remember, he had a brain tumor and surgery about two and a half years ago.  All of you helped me at that time.  My heart is broken........

Asking for prayers for my family.  My SIL didn't take it well.

I will try and come back later.  God bless all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, dear @Issy379.. yes, I well recall your brother suffering with the brain tumor, and his battle to recover. I offer you hugs, though tears and my sincere condolences to your whole family during this painful time. I am so very sorry. 

I will pray for you all, dear friend. 

😥🙏❤️

Trusted Contributor

Dearest Issy. . . 

C514DFAA-2A18-4CBC-9B70-8A217A27A517.jpeg

It's with you we share your tears and sorrows, even as J.M. passes into the warmest, loving embrace of pure Light. It's here we'll be for you, as you've always been for us, should you need to talk. . . or just a soft place to land. 

1013DF97-FD2E-481D-A916-9B9068F9B307.png

It's in my heart and prayers, I'll hold you, your beloved sister-in-law and family tightly as you mourn your painful loss. Eternal peace keep your sweet brother, until you meet again. God bless and comfort you always. 

With Love and Heartfelt Condolences, 

—Marcia 🌹

Trusted Contributor

Dearest Snappy. . . 

9A8B3E78-D7F8-4D7F-A1F0-8B773974B2D8.jpeg

So, so sorry to learn that your son-in-law's sister-in-law lost her long battle with cancer. My prayers are with her family and all blessed to have known and loved her. I'm sure that they, like you, are comforted to know that her spirit was not defeated. The only sting is felt by those who grieve, but with hope sealed everlasting. 

Continued prayers for you and Shirley, too. 

Much Love Always,

—Marcia 🌹

Esteemed Contributor

Here's an update on my husband, I don't have time to read all here, but just want to thank you all for your prayers for him.  He's home from the hospital now, his incision is just an inch and a half, the surgery went wll, and the bulging disc got fixed, and all that had to be done.  I was there all day yesterday.  It was a long day.  Today he's in a lot of pain, but has pain meds to take, and it hurts just where the incision is, not anymore down his leg like it was before and not his knee anymore.  He needs to take short walks, and not sit longer than 15 mins. at a time, so he gets moving. The doctor was very pleased with how everything worked out, he's a Greek doctor, from Greece!  Thanks again for all your prayers.  Praying for all your intentions also, I just don't have time to read here, but know you'd want an update.  

Trusted Contributor

Dear Issy,

I am so sorry to hear about your brother! What a devastating loss. Prayers going up for you, your sister-in-law, and your family, and sending much love and comfort. 

Heart   Heart

Respected Contributor

Dear, sweet (((Issy)))... my heart just breaks for you and your family. After J.M.'s brave struggle back from the brain tumor, it must be such a shock to lose him so suddenly now. I couldn’t be more sorry for your profound loss. I'm lifting your family up in prayers. 

3BD6F766-4309-4529-96EB-AE2EFF5EC53C.jpeg

~Joy 🙏

Respected Contributor

Hi, Selah, seems that most of you are having real storms! We had a lot of rain, but it's sunny today. I love rain and the clean air it leaves behind and things are green.

There were flood warnings, but not where we live. I do feel for those in burn and flood zones.

Thank you for praying for my sister and the family of the lady who recently went Home.

As far as I know, my sis is okay. She is having daily shots to boost her immune system. I need to text her to see how she is, but no news is good news.

Sometimes I think the UTI is bothering me, but I don't really think so. I continue to take the antibiotic once a day. Have an appoint with the infectious disease doctor on the 23rd, and also with the cardiologist. Hope it works out so I can keep both appointments.

My eyes are so much better. The eye doc said the antibiotic is probably helping them and he recommends I stay on it.

Oh, the insurance company has dropped it's efforts to remove us from seeing him! So very thankful! The Lord has been and will always be so faithful!

Sorry the PT is hurting, but do hope it is worth it in the long run.

Take care,

snappy

Respected Contributor

Hello, Lurky,

Can't imagine living in snow. Glad you were safe going out to the doctor and have those nice boots.

Having new books to read is a treat. A nice stormy weather pass time.

I was interested in the My Pillow mattress topper, but my bed is already high and the extra inches would make it much harder for me to get into it. DD rotated mine yesterday. Last night I went to bed just after midnight. Laid on my back and woke up 10 hours later in the same position! Didn't even get up at all for anything. Boy, I was stiff all over, but did manage to get a shower using Josie's sugar scrub. I put it on before getting into the shower, then just have to rinse and dry. Where there's a will, there's a way, at least so far.

Our pastor's wife is truly amazing. He is retired now, and the man who was the associate pastor is in that position, but he continues to do whatever he can to serve. They live in town and still attend there. I know them, but not the other men on staff. One has the same last name as we do.

Funny.

Sorry for the man who passed away from cancer recently. He must have been up in years. There aren't many WW2 vets living.

Sooner or later something will get us, unless the Lord comes! That's what we all hope...the blessed hope.

snappy Smiley Happy