Trusted Contributor

For Joy: 

image.jpg

I hope you're resting well following the foot surgery, and will be fully recovered soon. 💚

Love, 

Anu 

Respected Contributor

Thank you, sweet @Q-Anu@snappyfrappy and all kind enough to pray for me. ❤️ I'm okay, I think. They had to release my plantar fascia and remove two spurs. The other heel just shows one spur, so that one should go quicker ~ including healing time. Will took off these two days and has been wonderful. Still have my foot elevated and using the ice pack. I can’t hardly feel it, though, due to the bandaging, splint and surgical shoe. Haven’t used the crutches too much yet, but I don’t like how they feel on the carpeted part of the house. Will have to practice when the surgeon gives me the okay to move about more. He called today to check on me, bless his kind soul. Gave me a few pain pills. I took one last night, but it made me so nauseous that I'm trying to just use Advil. I think that's better for the swelling anyway. 

Are you okay, @Q-Anu? I'm so sorry for the senseless tragedies that has occurred in your state this time. I know how deeply it affects you (and all of us) especially with your two children still in school. Same with Rowan and Snappy's DD teaching in the schools. Not that it can’t happen absolutely anywhere... Call if you need to talk. I'm just sitting around anyway. 

Hi, @Issy379! I'm so happy we're all together here, too. I have never registered to read or post to HSN, though I do shop there at times by phone. Yes, be sure you get your snacks ready! I have a simple, healthy (I think) recipe to share with you ladies. Could go for an appetizer while we watch the wedding. ❤️❤️

BRB with that. 

Respected Contributor

Cranberry Chicken Salad on Apple Slices 

D7361197-A2D4-4DA3-BF58-2517D4346293.jpeg

Servings: 4

Ingredients

2 cooked chicken breast halves , chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped roasted pecans
1/3 cup celery, sliced thin
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 medium apples, sliced into thin rounds

Instructions

In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, dried cranberries, pecans and celery.

In another small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and curry powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Pour over the chicken mixture and stir to combine.

Serve the chicken salad on apple slices.

Respected Contributor

Hello. @LurkyLoo! Glad to see you back in the saddle and having escaped the vicious sign-in loop. Been there more than once. So frustrating! 

Here's funny one for you and Snappy: 

43875D9B-6276-4AA4-91F7-7310F655D87F.jpeg

I'm so thankful you were shown warm comfort on Mother's Day, and that your dear heart was open to receive it. You are such an inspiration to me, and I’m sure all who know you. ❤️

We aren't having storms here now, but more like a monsoon. I feel like this: 

B728743C-F5DB-4A4D-9ED0-1972EE4EBAC4.gif

As as long as there is no flooding for anyone, I'm fine with it. Rather relaxing. I hope your PT went well and provided relief from your RA pain. 

Dear Snappy, wasn’t it Dawn who said she was Bassetbabe? I could be wrong... wouldn’t be the first time! But I’m pretty sure it wasn’t @bathina. (Hello today, bathina!) 🤗

Suz' and I have set the DVR to record the wedding on BBCA, but it'll be shown on most channels, I'm sure. They're getting married at noon. That's 4:00 am your time! As luck would have it, it'll be rerun if you don’t have a DVR. 

Your poor corneas! That has to hurt, too, doesn’t it? I pray the steroids help. My heart goes out to the poor everywhere, including here, without healthcare insurance and good, qualified care. I'm thankful you'll only require the splint for the TMJ. No surgeries! I was afraid to be put under for the first time in my life. The surgeon knew (via Will) and tricked me! Rather than having me count backwards, or otherwise tip me off... he started asking me what all I had planted in my garden. I got as far as beets, and the next thing I knew, the nurse was calling my name. It was all over. 😅 

It is so sad about that lovely old Spanish-style winery. My son James said the force from the explosions were so strong, they blew the original terra cotta tiles off the roof. All those gorgeous, old hand-painted tiles of the interior and dining patios were melted from the intense heat. We do have many photos from Lindsay's reception. Maybe it can be restored. Just so thankful the staff had left for the evening, and none of the FFs were injured while getting it out. 

I know you're eager to see the baby at her birthday party!! Give her smooches from all of us, too. Oh, yes... she'll learn ~ she's one smart cookie. She'll likely want to help with her baby cousin soon. 

Enjoy the weekend and the wedding if you get to watch! Gracie is mostly interested in watching the carriage ride. 💗💗 So romantic! 

Love you dearly, 

~Joy 😘

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Joy....I'm okay. Just like you to wonder, but it was late last night when I popped in to read here and of any new prayer requests. I was sleeeepy, after hitting the books when I posted. Then, we all arose to the terrible news. Best to not discuss here. What is left to be said anyway? I will call to check on you Sunday. I know you! You'll be good and bored by then. You're not going to church, are you? I would stay in, out of the rain with that surgical boot! Let Will and the kids pamper you for a while. Okay? I can't believe that Advil is enough for the pain you must be in, but nausea is no good either. 😟

LOL....You posted that nice, healthy recipe. Just wait until you see what I brought! 

First, tho....here's Lurky's pink wedding nail polish selection: 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's what I'm sporting currently: 

image.jpg

But whatever parts of the wedding I'll watch will have to wait until tomorrow night. We have our inner city youth program that we all volunteer for through our church in the morning. Then, grocery shopping with Marian before we make dinner together here. She may want to watch it with Mia and I. If not, we'll watch some of it Sunday after church. 5 hours? Seriously?? 😳 I don't remember William and Kate's being that long, but I'm pretty sure I watched it all. 

Sorry about all the rain, although.....if it will keep you in off your foot, PTL and let it pour! It's been sunny and hot here. Have to water my flowers and tomato plants every evening. It's all looking good so far, so I guess pulling the butt muscle was worth it. Kinda. 

Rowan, have a safe trip and a wonderful time at the graduation and receptions! Please slap Daniel on the back for me. 😊 Congrats to him and Harper!!! 

Hello to snappy, Issy, bathina, Selah, Marcia, MsLomo, cute, HiLo, Dawn, Annabelle, Agnes, Ruth Ann, Jubilant and any others who drop by. ❤️ I love how all are always welcome here!

image.jpg

And have a nice, safe weekend, everyone. 💛

Love, 

Anu

Trusted Contributor

image.jpg

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 cup water
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk

Peanut Butter Icing:

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1 (16-oz.) pkg. powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in a large bowl; set aside.

Combine butter, water and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Add to flour mixture and mix well; set aside. Combine eggs, vanilla and buttermilk; add to peanut butter mixture.

Spread batter in a greased 15″x10″ jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 28 minutes or until cake springs back when gently touched. Spread Peanut Butter Icing over warm cake and garnish, if desired.

Peanut Butter Icing: Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla, mixing until spreading consistency.

Trusted Contributor

772976AD-E0D3-4B70-B8A7-53D6C84125FA.gif

Healing prayers going up for our dear sister, Joy. ❤️ I, too, will be calling soon. In the means. . . behave yourself! You promised to be a good patient and we'll hold you to it. 

❤️ Many thanks to each of you for praying for E.C. She is in good, loving hands now with a relative. Unfortunately, but perfectly understandably, she will have to attend summer school in order to hopefully advance to the next grade. She will continue on with her counseling, and I gave her the weighted blanket and the Wave Premium Sleep Therapy Sound Machine that she used here to take with her. She wanted to take Dexter, too, but I believe her relative will get her a trained therapy dog. She is a delightful young lady, and if you would, please continue to remember her and her family in your prayers. I thank you with all my heart.

I'm sorry to have fallen so behind here! We had E.C. with us each evening after work. I want to wish @bathina and her husband a belated. . . 

4E1C8427-FD5F-48E9-B56F-E7C1264F6CDA.jpeg

With many more years of wedded bliss! 

I'll catch the royal wedding at some point over the weekend. Enjoy, all who are interested! 

@Annabellethecat66 has likely left on her trip to visit her precious daughter. I'm praying for your safety and hope you both have the time of your lives together! I'll reply to your incredibly kind and fascinating post when I return. Hopefully before Monday. ❤️ 

3BDF9E05-6663-40B7-9B9B-B40E2CCB7A5E.gif

❤️ @MsLomo@snappyfrappy and all here! 

Have a nice weekend and enjoy your scones, or whatever you’re dishing up! I'll add a little something below for our virtual party. 

Love and Peace! 

—Marcia 💋

Trusted Contributor

DAFC80E8-C39F-4896-91C0-F55BB108808C.jpeg

Easy recipe to make frozen grapes marinated in wine, for a perfectly poppable, light and healthy snack!

Serves 6

INGREDIENTS:

3 c red grapes, removed from stems, rinsed and dried
1 - 2 c red wine
3 Tbsp sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Place clean grapes in a bowl and cover with wine. Allow to marinate refrigerated for 12+ hours.

Drain grapes, toss in sugar and freeze in bags 2 hours.

May be stored in airtight container for 1 week.

Note: you can substitute white grapes and champagne!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Issy, so nice to have a little chat with you. Little Elijah sounds just darling. That first year brings so many changes.

Glad he's speaking well. So far I haven't heard our baby say anything. She makes a sound that could be for dog, and looks out the back door here. Her folks tell her we don't have a dog.

Her daddy was speech delayed. He was more than 3 years old before he said much at all and then had had to have therapy. He speaks fluently, but not quite fluidly iif that makes sense. Not sure others pick that up, but I do.

Her birthday party is 2 weeks from today. Early so the new baby, who is due the day before her actual birthday, can have the spotlight. They don't know what a birthday is at that age, and toys are welcome anytime.

DD recorded the royal wedding. Hours of coverage. I have seen some highlights on the news channels. I loved the wedding dress. She's a beautiful woman. It was an unusual wedding for the Royals, but just right for the couple.

I'm glad you agree with DD about the Uber drivers.

The daughter of my BFF uses them sometimes with no trouble so far. But what DD told me was to wake her up if it's in the night and she will take me. I had to do that with my first UTI when hubby was here. Two in the morning.

My other grandson and his wife are up at Monterey for their 11th anniversary. He had to go up early in the week for work, and she went up to meet him probably yesterday. It's so beautiful up there. Hubby and I drove the coast route several times. Takes longer, but is so gorgeous. Glad for those memories.

Enjoy your new purchases.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Dear WaJa, I stopped off at ShowMe's thread to see how she is, and found your post about your surgery. SO thankful it's over and that the other foot only has 1 spur which will make the whole thing easier. Grateful your hubby is around and helpful. I'd be sort of scared also of walking with crutches on the carpeting. I've never had to do that. You will be careful, and have someone standing by at least at first to see how you do.

We are blessed in so many ways. Being where we can get health care is one of them. I'm thankful for Medicare and the group retiree insurance I have through hubby's former employer.

You are right that Dawn was BASSETBABE.

Thanks for the picture of the "couch cat". Ah, a kindred spirit in the animal kingdom.

Glad you barely remember your pre-op sedation.

I've never had any bad effects from anesthesia, and am thankful for it. Hope I don't need to put that to the test ever again.

My eyes are extremely dry which is what causes the pitting of the corneas. This is the first time that my good eye has been so seriously affected. Makes it hard to read. My glasses don't help much.

I got a new 10" Kindle Fire, but DD hasn't had time to set it up for me. Hope and pray we can retrieve all the pictures that are on the one I've had for several years.

All the weddings, renovations, and many of course of the doll baby. We have them on our computers and phones, but the Kindle organizes things chronologically which I really like.

It's a blessing that no one was hurt in that explosion. I do hope it can be restored.

Oh, no doubt Gracie loved the wedding. I think Meghan's dress was very beautiful in it's simplicity and of course, she is a lovely looking woman. They seem so genuinely in love, like William and Kate. That's so nice considering all the bad things that have happened to Royal marriages.

Enjoy your weekend,

snappy Heart