Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the delicious sounding recipe, Marcia! Looks like I need to learn how to raise cabbage to add to my garden. (I am so happy about your and Mike's decision!!)

Anu, the Newman’s Own salsa I used in snappy's cabbage rolls isn’t as hot as it is sweet and a bit zesty. It's the one that contains pineapple. So flavorful! A favorite additive to many recipes - including soups. 

MsLomo, I will look for the chocolate cake recipe on the Hershey's cocoa can, and remember to cover the mixer after adding the powdered sugar! 😂 Don’t need the blow-back. I make enough mess as is. I got my chalkboard for the kitchen, btw! While the rest of the modern world is using grocery apps. Okay, I have one of those, too, but it’s more fun making up menus with designs on the chalkboard. 🤗

Thanks again for inspiring me, Rowan! Hope you enjoy Spring Break soon. Come on up and see us - you and Selah - while you're off! 

Selah, thanks for the Call the Midwife reminder! Love that show! In May - on Mother's Day, PBS Masterpiece will premiere the new Little Women series starring Angela Lansbury, Michael Gambon and Emily Watson. 

Here is the trailer: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3bNUFbWd68

Keep resting and being careful, snappy! Using the walker sounds like a wise move to me. I have a laundry basket on wheels that I use in the basement to move it around. Saves my back from straining or twisting. Now, if it would only roll up the stairs! 

Wishing you all a peaceful, restful evening. 

1EF52F59-8A27-4CCB-991C-FBD5F9C88010.jpeg

With love from Agnes 💛

Trusted Contributor

May our gracious and merciful Lord guide the surgeon's hands today, during @snappyfrappy's daughter's procedures. 🙏

Everyone......

image.jpg

Anu 😘

Trusted Contributor

Hoping that Snappy's daughter is out of surgery by now and recovering nicely. 🙏

Snappy, your friend halfpint is looking for you on Widows. Concerned that she has not heard from you. I did not want to butt in again there, but I continue to pray for her. 

Marcia -- no wonder you like this Colcannon. It's mostly potatoes and butter! 2 kinds of potatoes? And I don't recall if I like Savoy cabbage. Otherwise, I want to make this with more equal parts potatoes and cabbage. Maybe with diced ham or bacon bits sprinkled on top. I pasted it to an email I sent myself. That enlarged it and I'll print it out. TY, and I'll pray things go well with your family decision. 

Agnes, cabbage is a cooler season crop, but Joy or Becky can show you. Easy to grow. I wish I could grow Brussel Sprouts as easily. They don't seem to do well here. Let us know how the chocolate cupcakes turn out. Lawsamercy! I'm still trying to lose 7 pounds of the 12 I gained over the holidays. 😩

Thank you for the Little Women trailer! I'll be watching. 

image.jpg

Valued Contributor

Hi SelahG.  Good to see you here today.  I have been meaning to post, but I have been so busy lately, and it has really been raining in my neck of the woods.  I know that we need the rain in CA, but..........give me a break!  I love the raccoon picture.  Made me laugh.  

There are certainly some beautiful women on this thread.  I agree with MsLomo.  There should be a KS Model Agency.  Take care, dear lady.

Valued Contributor

Hello, Delaney.  Glad to see that you are doing okay.  Moving forward with those "family plans"?  I must have missed something along the way.  

At any rate, take care and stay safe.  Love the recipe.  I think that I am going to try it.

Valued Contributor

Hello, Snappy.  I hope that you are feeling better.  We all understand the effort that it takes sometimes to post here.  The important thing is that you take care of yourself.  

Praying for DD#1's surgery, and I hope that she makes a speedy recovery.  We did get rain, but it is sunny right now.  Of course, that can change in an instant.

So take care of yourself. Love you....

Valued Contributor

Hi MsLomo.  How are you doing?  This is just a little "side note".  There may be a budding romance for Simone.  She met a very nice gentlemen.  The scoop on him is he is the general manager of his company, tall, handsome, very active in the community, the Chamber of Commerce, chartitable organizations, etc., drives a Mercedes.  She says that they have a lot in common and they have been out on two dates.  She isn't rushing into anything, but he seems to really be smitten with her.  I think that she is excited about it.  

We shall see.

Take care.  

Trusted Contributor

Agnes—you're welcome for the recipe and it can be modified to your taste, as Selah suggests. Gram most always serves ham or lamb with hers, but it goes great with steak, chicken or fish, too. She spoiled my university friends and I on this and other dishes while I boarded with her. I hated cabbage before her Colcannon, so I’m thinking your son, Jacob may enjoy it this way, too. For sure Darrell will! 

I meant to thank you (and Joy who recommended it to you) on behalf of the staff here and myself for the Newman’s Own k-cup coffee tip. It is a hit! Even among the men here. One said, “ah, at last. . . a real cuppa Joe!” 

Thanks, too, for the trailer. Be sure to send it to Hilo, who loves Masterpiece. Perhaps her daughter can do the clicking for her on the laptop while Hilo is in the cast. 😔

Now Selah. . . if you’re really concerned about those few extra pounds; another hot air balloon ride might help. Kidding!!! 😜 Thank you for the prayers! We know it will be a long wait, so best to get the ball rolling before we get any older. . .

Issy—I hope that you and yours are well out of the flooding/mudslide zones. Otherwise, may you enjoy a beautiful weekend. Mike and I have decided to move forward with our desires to adopt a child. 😍 I don’t know who is more excited. . . Us, or our parents. Especially mine, since my brother passed away before marrying and giving them any grandchildren, and I’m their last hope in that regard.

How is your brother doing, by the way? I recall his health scare and surgery—hope he is still doing well. Enjoy the recipe and take care, dear friend! 

Hope we hear from Snappy soon on her DD's surgery. Whenever she feels up to posting, that is. ❤️

Will let you ladies here know when I learn of Joy's safe arrival in Israel. Agnes may hear first from her children. 

71862C16-424A-4C94-AA8C-531B9051D51B.jpeg

—Marcia 💋

Respected Contributor

Hi friends, it's so nice here today. Cool, but dry. Sunny, with mostly white clouds. We were blessed with lots of rain, but not so much that the burn areas were flooded. Tis mercy all.

MsLomo, I started wearing my splint again 3 nights ago.

It's tight, but feels okay in a few minutes. So far it's not bothering me and it's what I can try until and if I get to see the oral surgeon. Thank you for your interest in me and my family. I'm so happy that my sister has her last treatment coming next week. She is amazing, IMO. Praying the cancer never returns anywhere!

Rowan, thank you for your prayers and love

Jubilant, I'm thankful you are in touch with HiLo and pray she recovers completely.  My DD is in surgery right now. Went in 2 hours ago. It was to be early this morning, but the doctor got behind, so she went late. It was to be 4 or 5 hours, so I'm praying and thanking each one of you who is also.

Selah, I did see halfpint's note and answered her. Thank you for caring. Yes, potassium can cause muscle aches, and with CMT, and arthritis, I guess they all work together...not necessarily for good!!! Too much or too little can cause the heart to stop...that's no joke.

I'm thankful that all my little family gets together several times a year. My sister's is so spread out and so large. There are 5 generations now. The baby boy is her great great grandson, but she doesn't know that family at all.

Her 57 year old son is now a great grandfather. They had children when they were still in their teens. Thanks for the headsup on the Call the Midwife. I like it also. It's so different from American TV.

DeLaney, thank you for letting us know that you and your hubby are going to move ahead with adopting a child. Something wonderful. A blessing for all, especially a little one. Thank you for your receipe. I'm sure everyone will try it.

Agnesann, I'm using the walker every day now. It helps in several ways, and I think DD is somewhat relieved to know I'm doing what I can to stay on my feet. It is good for moving things around the house. Today I put my sheets on it and got them in the washer.

Anu, thank you for praying for my daughter. She is in surgery right now. They had to wait around for several hours at the hospital, but I know the Lord had a reason for that, and He knows what's best.

Issy, the rain seems to be gone now. I'm sure you had more than we did, but I loved every single drop we got.

Of course I was able to be inside, dry, and didn't have to drive in it. I appreciate your concern for DD and thank you for praying. I try to take care of myself. I've taken a real turn downward the last few weeks. Not sure why.

Hope I can get to the family gathering on the 15th at least to see the baby who is now 9 months old. Her hair is coming in. Looks reddish blond on the pix I get.

My son and DDIL are in AZ for a long weekend, he had some work to do there and her sis is there.

cute, I'm missing you today, but know you are out there caring about us. Take care and enjoy the spring weather.

Love to one and all,

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hello, friends. Just wanted you all to know that DD came through her surgery very well. She has less and less pain. Needs just a little medication. Is going out today using her walker when hubby can be with her.

Thank you who prayed for her. DDIL and DS are in AZ on business for him and to visit her sister. Her insurance won't pay for much PT. Her knee doesn't bend back as far as it should.

Hope you enjoy a nice weekend.

snappy Heart