Trusted Contributor

A blessed Veterans Day to all you dear ladies. Watched some beautiful services on TV today in honor of their service and sacrifices. 

I'm going down to dinner shortly, but wanted to let you, who are kind enough to pray for Martha, know that she is finally home. They have outfitted her bedroom much like a hospital room, I am told. Have not seen her yet. Will wait until she is settled in and her sister lets us know she is ready to receive guests. She will have to take rehab 3 times a week, to begin with- then hopefully only twice for a time after. I thank the Lord for the progress she has made, and all of for your prayers. 

MsLomo has probably left on her trip to the hospital, but I’m sure she knows all of our prayers go with her. Most importantly, so does the Comforter. 

I'm so relieved to hear this good news on Anu, Joy! TY dear heart. 

Have read all the posts since my last visit and will return soon to chat more.

Have a wonderful Sunday! ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Hi, friends! Hope your Sunday is going well. I join you all in prayers for MsLomo. Her safe travels; her very best care and complete healing. She certainly is a talented writer. I wish I could express myself half so well, while also keeping so many details in mind. More than that, she has such a loving and calming presence. I can see why some of you ladies have been together for so long. Here's to the next ten years!

I'm thankful to know you all, for however long it's been now (3 years maybe? I'm too lazy to look it up) and to continue on into the future for as long as this site is here. So many message boards are shutting down - everything is migrating to FB, etc. I'm thankful for Delphi too since some of us could safely share our contact info there privately and now.....we're thankfully all personal friends. That doesn't always - or even usually - work out so well. I believe it was meant to be! Wish I could meet you all in person, but life has conditions too that we must accept and just be grateful for what we can share.

Snappy, you are not very "sluggish" if you have nearly finished all your Christmas shopping! Wish I could say the same. I tuned into QVC for David's show today trying to get some ideas. Made note of a couple of item numbers, but I will phone them in if I decide to order them. I don't store my info in this site anymore. I also have to watch my budget, so I'll price check elsewhere first.

Lordy, I had to disable my one-click ordering at Amazon because of Jacob and his lack of impulse control. He has a Kindle Fire attached to my account so I had to block some things through parental controls, too. On there he learned about the PlayStation Virtual Reality bundle and of course he wants it......I just think he's too young and I'm not even sure it's a healthy thing in general. Then factor in his OCD issues. He really needs to focus more attention on developing his social skills and this would be one more, possibly addictive, distraction from that. And reality itself. I'm sorry he'll be disappointed, but I'll have to find something else he'll enjoy that will benefit him, or at least not add to his challenges. His therapist gave me the name of a company that develops toys and gadgets that are also useful tools for special needs children. I'm going to check out their website next.

I also have to find children's gifts for my deceased friend and co-worker's kids. Samantha was so welcoming and helpful to me when I first moved here and was hired. She actually trained me in my current position. Tragically, at only 43 y/o she developed an inoperable brain tumor that spread so quickly and took her away from us about 3 months ago. I miss her so much and I want to TRY to make her children's Christmas somewhat enjoyable. I don't begin to know what to give her husband, unless an inspirational book perhaps. Since I know what his beliefs are....but it might be too soon for something like that. Joy recommended food - something tasty that will also make things a little easier on this widowed father of two. She is probably right. Martha II usually is! 😇

I thought I wanted the new Kindle Oasis for Christmas until I saw the price after customizing it! 😲 No, thanks! I'll just continue to read my ebooks on my iPad mini. It works great one-handed with the PopSocket for reading in bed. About the only time I get a chance to read anyway..... Do you ladies have a wish list? I'm most in need of winter work and church outfits and maybe some new snow boots.

Snappy, I'm glad you are feeling strong enough to add a little exercise to your daily life. I know it must be so hard with both CMT and CHF. Your doctors can probably recommend something that is safe. I have slowly worked up to the second level of Pilates over time and I do feel the benefits. I was so out of shape and full of anxiety - some situational depression, too. Migraines, insomnia - the whole nasty bag that can be part of peri-menopause for some. Had to gradually change my lifestyle, including losing weight and getting more fit. I had no stamina to speak of because all my energy was wasted on stress that escalated after my divorce. Then it just accumulated and my physical and emotional health suffered. I was sort of buried alive and couldn't even see it.

Hindsight and thanks to the grace of the Lord for leading me out of the pit. You and our other friends helped me more than you realize when I most needed it. I'll always be thankful for that! I'm praying for your health, your oldest daughter's eyes and your youngest's work situation. I hope she won't have to retire until she's prepared to. The cost of living and especially healthcare is so high. Even more so in your state, I'm sure.

I am sorry to read that @NAES1 fell and injured herself. Sorry too for all the troubles for her neighbor. Thankful that worked out for the best and that she is recovering nicely.

So glad that Martha is home at last, Lurky! We'll keep the prayers going for her.

I better move along with my shopping, ladies. Enjoy the rest of your day, and a Happy Thanksgiving to one and all, in case I don't get back here before the 23rd!

With love from Agnes ❤️

Super Contributor

Just wanted to say  HI to my sweet friends hereWoman Happy.Hope all are doing well.Holidays will be here before we know it..So glad to see Cute t and Issy post and everyone else,of course.

Snappy,I hope the gradual increase in your meds helps.So glad ins will replace your daughters rings..We sometimes have those ants march in for no reason.ACK,I can't seem to convince them there is no food left out,no crumbs and no picnic.LOLWoman LOL...Your little angel just sounds so sweet.I am thrilled for you.Heart

MsLomo,You are in my prayers that you get good news from other dr.I hope you do not have to fly too far.I will check in periodically to see if you have posted.Heart

Since I am trying not to quote and so many posted,just a general hello to everyone and I hope your week before Thanksgiving is a safe and good one.

Your friend always.Bassetbabe/Dawn.Heart

Trusted Contributor

So wonderful to read all of these posts, you sweet, loving, generous, and unreal awesome "hello" posters! 

@Dawn01-- Bassetbabe/Dawn, yesssss!  You came back here!!!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy Suh-weet!!!  We missed you and are so happy to see you!!

My love to everyone ....

P.S. My trip is closer to the end of the month, but I will try to pop in as time allows. Take good care, everyone!!

Heart  Heart  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@agnesann wrote:

Hi, friends! Hope your Sunday is going well. I join you all in prayers for MsLomo. Her safe travels; her very best care and complete healing. She certainly is a talented writer. I wish I could express myself half so well, while also keeping so many details in mind. More than that, she has such a loving and calming presence. I can see why some of you ladies have been together for so long. Here's to the next ten years!

I'm thankful to know you all, for however long it's been now (3 years maybe? I'm too lazy to look it up) and to continue on into the future for as long as this site is here. So many message boards are shutting down - everything is migrating to FB, etc. I'm thankful for Delphi too since some of us could safely share our contact info there privately and now.....we're thankfully all personal friends. That doesn't always - or even usually - work out so well. I believe it was meant to be! Wish I could meet you all in person, but life has conditions too that we must accept and just be grateful for what we can share.

Snappy, you are not very "sluggish" if you have nearly finished all your Christmas shopping! Wish I could say the same. I tuned into QVC for David's show today trying to get some ideas. Made note of a couple of item numbers, but I will phone them in if I decide to order them. I don't store my info in this site anymore. I also have to watch my budget, so I'll price check elsewhere first.

Lordy, I had to disable my one-click ordering at Amazon because of Jacob and his lack of impulse control. He has a Kindle Fire attached to my account so I had to block some things through parental controls, too. On there he learned about the PlayStation Virtual Reality bundle and of course he wants it......I just think he's too young and I'm not even sure it's a healthy thing in general. Then factor in his OCD issues. He really needs to focus more attention on developing his social skills and this would be one more, possibly addictive, distraction from that. And reality itself. I'm sorry he'll be disappointed, but I'll have to find something else he'll enjoy that will benefit him, or at least not add to his challenges. His therapist gave me the name of a company that develops toys and gadgets that are also useful tools for special needs children. I'm going to check out their website next.

I also have to find children's gifts for my deceased friend and co-worker's kids. Samantha was so welcoming and helpful to me when I first moved here and was hired. She actually trained me in my current position. Tragically, at only 43 y/o she developed an inoperable brain tumor that spread so quickly and took her away from us about 3 months ago. I miss her so much and I want to TRY to make her children's Christmas somewhat enjoyable. I don't begin to know what to give her husband, unless an inspirational book perhaps. Since I know what his beliefs are....but it might be too soon for something like that. Joy recommended food - something tasty that will also make things a little easier on this widowed father of two. She is probably right. Martha II usually is! 😇

I thought I wanted the new Kindle Oasis for Christmas until I saw the price after customizing it! 😲 No, thanks! I'll just continue to read my ebooks on my iPad mini. It works great one-handed with the PopSocket for reading in bed. About the only time I get a chance to read anyway..... Do you ladies have a wish list? I'm most in need of winter work and church outfits and maybe some new snow boots.

Snappy, I'm glad you are feeling strong enough to add a little exercise to your daily life. I know it must be so hard with both CMT and CHF. Your doctors can probably recommend something that is safe. I have slowly worked up to the second level of Pilates over time and I do feel the benefits. I was so out of shape and full of anxiety - some situational depression, too. Migraines, insomnia - the whole nasty bag that can be part of peri-menopause for some. Had to gradually change my lifestyle, including losing weight and getting more fit. I had no stamina to speak of because all my energy was wasted on stress that escalated after my divorce. Then it just accumulated and my physical and emotional health suffered. I was sort of buried alive and couldn't even see it.

Hindsight and thanks to the grace of the Lord for leading me out of the pit. You and our other friends helped me more than you realize when I most needed it. I'll always be thankful for that! I'm praying for your health, your oldest daughter's eyes and your youngest's work situation. I hope she won't have to retire until she's prepared to. The cost of living and especially healthcare is so high. Even more so in your state, I'm sure.

I am sorry to read that @NAES1 fell and injured herself. Sorry too for all the troubles for her neighbor. Thankful that worked out for the best and that she is recovering nicely.

So glad that Martha is home at last, Lurky! We'll keep the prayers going for her.

I better move along with my shopping, ladies. Enjoy the rest of your day, and a Happy Thanksgiving to one and all, in case I don't get back here before the 23rd!

With love from Agnes ❤️

@~~~Heart @agnesann    ~    ~    ~ Heart~

I am here, NAES. I am sending you powerful prayers for love and strength -I am here. 

Dear Agnesann,

I have not one idea why I came to your post; I was ready to go to bed.

I have had the computer off for hours, then came back to read my notifications and always check on everyone here, even though I may not post this late....but read your beautiful LOVELY message, I cried- cried.

Please know that I am eighty percent much better, that the INTERVENTION for neighbor cleared everything entirely  ..as.. `Gone.

I will help you in any way I can go. What a Godly woman you are. I care.

My prayers are now, right now. 

@Please know I will be here later in the evening, also for @snappyfrappy and each friend on _hello_.

Since reading your messaging, I have to speak with snappy for medical reasons, so I will see and send words of love to everyone.

I have been absent, the longest since I can remember. L OV E.  Heart for everyone. I do understand, have not been through what you speak about but understand in other ways. L O V E. 

``     Heart    Heart    Heart    Heart    Heart     ``

We ' Stay together '

for there is a powerful Force much larger than imaginable. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Heavenly Father ~

Touch Agnesann and give her Your Blessed Strength and hold her, never to wavier or give up hope. She is Your child, God.  Protect. Amen

We are here for you ~ dear Agnesann. Love coming. 

NAES

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy, Issy ,Dawn , MsLoMo and so glad to read all of the posts !! Makes my day !! Well Veterand day has Slipped By, and My Prayers for All Veterans !! Yes it's a Monday and Our Baby Shower was Saturday for our New Great Grandbaby to Be.. it's due in DEC. But Ladies i have and idea this Child will be any day now.. as making it's way to the World out here.. So Many People and WOW !! the Gifts.. Our Grandson said He might have to build A Building to put all of the items in.. They Served Breakfast to a Huge Crowd as they rented a Building, My Hubby and i Took Doughnuts, for all to go with the Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Pancakes all home made as Our Grandson's wife's parents live on a Farm, and have farm Animals and they Butucher their Meat.. and Seasoned it them selves.. we use to do that when we lived on the farm years ago as a Child.. The Memories..

When Our Grandaughter was here from Oklahoma , her Grandpa played guitar and sang so she made a Video of it, and Our Great Granddaughter Penelope saw the Video and went and got her little Drum, and Musical instruments and joined him.. So Precious and the things they come up with as Technology now days.. Well We woke up to all the CHRISTMAS Lights on here at the Park, what a Beautiful Sight.. !! as they our working on them, they took advantage of this beautiful weather.. We had Rain yesterday and in the 40's.. the leaves our sure turning..

Hoping all of YOU have a Super Day and week.. BOY !! i'm Impressed with Snappy as getting her Christmas shopping done.. SO COOL..

By to all of You.. catch all of you later..

Trusted Contributor

Cheers—Dawn is back!! 🤗 We have all been missing you—quotes or no quotes. Just chime in whenever you can. Did you find a solution for safely storing your cashmere sweaters? I added this one: A267929 to my Christmas wish list in Flax. Perfect in this chilly office and it's been reduced. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and as cute t says. . . Don’t be a stranger!

Cute, you have me salivating over here! That Baby Shower breakfast banquet sounds delicious! 😋 The baby probably wants to come early to enjoy all the warmth and love of your beautiful family. Maybe in time for Turkey Day. Great seeing you here!

Trusted Contributor

MsLomo—you're still here, too! Thought I’d missed your send-off and I’m glad to be wrong. Wouldn’t want you to go without my hug 💞 and best wishes. We'll all be with you daily, in spirit and prayer. Bet you'll take a couple of your favorite books along so you can keep company with some old, familiar “friends” there, too. I do know what you mean; even fictional characters can be comforting that way. We can miss them when the book, film or series has ended and it's nice to revisit them from time to time. Just like old songs! I inherited my brother's now classic rock music collection and it takes me right back to our childhood. So many wonderful memories, as well as some bittersweet ones. My Gram has always enjoyed the Father Brown series. There's been some cast changes now, and though the new actors do a fine job in their roles. . . it's not the same for Gram. She prefers to watch the older repeats over the new season. Hope you and yours can enjoy Thanksgiving together before your flight—even if a few days early. Never a wrong time to count our blessings and you are one of mine—hope you know! ❤️

NAES, that's a beautiful prayer for sweet Agnes—I know she will appreciate that so much. So good to know you are 80% recovered and I pray soon you'll be 100%. Bless your tender heart and the spirit within you that gave vital aid to your neighbor and even his pets. As our pastor often reminds us: we aren’t saved by works, but FOR works. It just becomes more “natural” as our walk in faith grows through grace. Well done and Godspeed! 👍

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Agnes: I agree with you on the PlayStation VR gaming system. Jacob is too young for something so intense that is sure to overstimulate his senses. Doubt he would enjoy wearing the headgear and fussing with all those cords either. Just a tangle—plug and play. Hope you found something more suitable that he will enjoy at the site his therapist mentioned. I know it's frustrating when one is academically advanced and a bit emotionally and socially delayed. I do know of some awesome astronomy software that he and Darrell might enjoy together. In fact that's one of Mike's gifts—shhh. . . I will send you the link. Still remembering Samantha's surviving family in my prayers. It's so hard. 😰 I do agree with Joy on the food and maybe beverages. Thinking some nice gourmet cookies or popcorn, with a hot cocoa mix in a pretty jar with a set of decorative mugs. Bet you can find these right there in Olde Town. I know Joy did most of her shopping there to have it all wrapped before our IRE trip. Mom, my SIL and I do the wish lists by email. Why do the guys always seem not interested? Or is it just those in my circle? It’s still a surprise since we can list as many options as we like for everyone to choose from among. Especially my mom—😅—you should see her tome with all the specifics. Is very helpful to me, though. Hope “Santa” delivers those things you need and since it is you haven’t been naughty; there’s a good chance he will! 😉

Snappy, congrats to your SIL for landing the new job! A blessing, for sure and at the very best time, too. Going back to your previous post to me (sorry I’m so behind here); I know it's true, as you say. . . There are certain faith-based groups and individuals who yet frown on various methods of secular medicine. They fully believe they are correct and can be well-intended, but it's counter-productive on all levels to try to instill shame and doubt in those who suffer. You do best to keep your treatments to yourself with such people. They will not hear reason and they can often remind me of Job's “friends.” Who needs it? Some have questioned me, as a Christian, for my chosen field, too. I tell them, if anything, it was through my faith in Christ that I feel called to try to help the suffering learn to cope and hopefully, in some cases, overcome living within the bondage of insecurities, fears—even terrors—as well as guilt, shame and sorrow. Then they can more clearly direct their own lives and better deal with hardships to come. Those never will stop coming, this side of Heaven, after all. I'm not a psychiatrist and don’t prescribe drugs, but many of my patients require drug therapy in addition to methods we teach. For now, it's the best we have available and no one dwelling outside your temple can fairly judge. Fact is; we aren’t even qualified to judge ourselves, but we can trust in the only One who is. I pray for the grace to forgive those who harshly ridicule, since it's impossible to love and condemn at the same time. Carry on in peace, dear friend!

A big shout out to Issy, as my break is ending here. 

A happy and healthy Thanksgiving to all!

❤️💛❤️

Respected Contributor

Hi, Lurky, thank you for the update on dear Martha! So grateful she is at home. What a relief that must be. Hospitals are no place to be. Glad she has people around her to care for her and pray the rehab helps her a great deal. Also hope her hip continues to heal from the surgery they did on it.

Yesterday I looked around for programming of memorial services for the victims in TX, but didn't find any. Am continuing to remember all those so terribly wounded by what they saw and the grief they feel from the loss of loved ones. Grateful they were believers.

My sister is going to have a colonoscopy at 2, which is in two minutes, so maybe she is already in there. Hoping nothing is wrong.

See you later, dear friend,

snappy Smiley Happy