Trusted Contributor

Stopping by for some good reading before turning in for the night, friends. Thank you all for your lovely posts! Especially all the baby talk - precious! 

It's a cold and stormy night here, but otherwise all is well. I'll return when I’m not too sleepy to chat. 

My prayers go with Snappy tomorrow for a great, helpful cardio appointment. With MsLomo on her upcoming biopsy and Anu for continued healing. 

With love to all from Agnes ❣️

Respected Contributor

Dear NAES, oh, praise the Lord! So thankful that man has been released! What an answer to prayer. Grateful for your willingness to get involved when I know it was so terribly hard. Of course I only read between the lines, but do know you are passionate about who and what matters to you, so it had to be serious. I'm wondering if the kitties are sad you are no longer their caregiver?????

I saw the cardiologist today. She is uping the strength of my ACE inhibitor from 2.25 to 5, which is still small, but I'm glad she is conservative in her approach. She wants to see how I do. Sometime after the first of the year, she will order another echo to see if my heart function has improved. I hope it does. I'm quite content to be at home and let DD take over the shopping, etc., and do what i can to keep up the house so I know it's the way it should be.

Right now there are ants parading all along the baseboard in the living room, behind the piano and DD sprayed Raid outside before she went to work this morning. I wiped a bunch of them off before going to the doctor's office, but they are still out there. What in the world do they find appealing about that?  I don't know, and they aren't saying.

I'm having trouble with posts disappearing and funny things popping up, so I'm going to post this, but again, thanks be to the Lord for His grace and for your kindness to that dear man and his kitties.

snappy Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@snappyfrappy wrote:

Dear NAES, oh, praise the Lord! So thankful that man has been released! What an answer to prayer. Grateful for your willingness to get involved when I know it was so terribly hard. Of course I only read between the lines, but do know you are passionate about who and what matters to you, so it had to be serious. I'm wondering if the kitties are sad you are no longer their caregiver?????

I saw the cardiologist today. She is uping the strength of my ACE inhibitor from 2.25 to 5, which is still small, but I'm glad she is conservative in her approach. She wants to see how I do. Sometime after the first of the year, she will order another echo to see if my heart function has improved. I hope it does. I'm quite content to be at home and let DD take over the shopping, etc., and do what i can to keep up the house so I know it's the way it should be.

Right now there are ants parading all along the baseboard in the living room, behind the piano and DD sprayed Raid outside before she went to work this morning. I wiped a bunch of them off before going to the doctor's office, but they are still out there. What in the world do they find appealing about that?  I don't know, and they aren't saying.

I'm having trouble with posts disappearing and funny things popping up, so I'm going to post this, but again, thanks be to the Lord for His grace and for your kindness to that dear man and his kitties.

snappy Heart

@snappyfrappy Heart

I have read just ...now... and will be back in about 2 hours to finally explain >>>>some, and 

"TO A MINIMUM __CATCH UP__.

TOTALLY exhausted".

Respected Contributor

Hi Lurky, was talking with the cardiologist today about how much you had helped me understand CHF and about the web site with so much useful information. I thank you again. She is uping the strength of the ACE inhibitor to 5 mg per day to see how I do on that. I go back to see her on December 6th. She said mine is mostly on the left side, and is systolic. She didn't seem interested in giving me a diuretic. Talked about the possible future need to be in the hospital if I can't breathe. Well, DD told her that where I am required to go, the rating is from C to F as to quality of care, so I told her I was going to do everything possible to not ever have to go there.

I do hope your appointment turns out to be routine, with no surprises. Massages sound so wonderful, but I'm self conscious about all the loose stuff that I guess is skin....LOL....so I'd be too tense to relax and enjoy it. Glad you get PT right there where you live.

It's wonderful that Gwen enjoys the quilting, and gets to visit with you frequently.

My grandmother croched all the time. Little doilies she called them, and I think I have a few of them. Antimacasters...or something like that was what they were called. Bad spelling, I'm sure. She made boxes out of greeting cards and croched them together on the sides and lids. I still have one with the wedding bell that was on top of our cake, and one with some baby shoes that were bronzed. She also embroidered a lot and I think I must have learned to do that by watching. Used to do a lot of crewel work and frame it as wall art, but I couldn't do it now, and have no interest anymore. So it's nice that young people care about the hand crafts.

DD showed me a little video she took of me singing "Jesus loves YOU"  to the baby on Sunday. She loved the singing, so I added Twinkle Twinkle...etc. She can sit up alone and turn over from her back to her tummy now, so look out, I wish I could see her more often, but need to be grateful for what I do have and for pictures.

They were at Disneyland yesterday.

I'm having trouble with posts bobbing up and down and disappearing, so I'll send this while I can. So happy to see you.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Selah, thank you for the news about your own health and that of Anu. Praying she doesn't have to go to the hospital for an IV. I got my flu shot last month with no trouble.

It's what we can do, and I am not eager to have to be hospitalized for any reason.

It's just after 4, and DD is home. It's getting dark.

I have to talk with her about my appointment, other than the bits I send to her cell phone.

I forgot to tell the doctor some rather important things, but maybe they really don't matter after all.

Yes, I'd have to hear the baby speak to believe that myself, although she really is smart and completely focused on whoever or whatever has her attention.

Her mom said she will be walking by 6 months and plans on having her potty trained not long after that. LOL! We will see.

We are all devestated for the people in TX and praying for the survivors. The gospel is going out and there will be fruit that remains, but oh the shock and pain.

The man named John who lost 8 of his family members is sort of the focal point when I pray for them. One day all that is now wrong, will be made right.

Take care of yourself and stay well,

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi agnesann, thank you for praying for me and the others who post here. I'm okay. Glad to be moving on with treatment that may help me feel better and stay active. I need to try to do some exercising, but the CMT makes that hard, plus I'm a basic slug!!

It's getting dark out here now that the time has changed. Come back soon.

snappy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I am catching up on my "hello" reading -- very enjoyable. Snappy, I see that you are posting late in the day, but I understand why. You have lots of updates! Yay! First, I am glad that DD#1's wedding rings were covered by insurance; it's so very sad that someone would see those rings and just TAKE them like that. It gives me chills. Glad all went well at the cardiologist today. You and DD#2 might need a professional exterminator to get rid of the ants. They have special stuff (in liquid and gel) that can wipe them out in your house, which is KIND OF (just a little) sad because they are so industrious -- great work ethic. I am laughing about GGD's mother's take on the early talking, early walking, and potty training shortly after she walks at 6 months (!). Hmmm. Uh, oookay, we shall see! (Hope her mom won't be toooo disappointed. lol) So happy DD captured a video of you singing to GGD and that she liked her little book. She sounds totally adorable! I would get GS an Amazon giftcard and wrap it and put it in a shoebox (and then wrap the shoebox)!

@SelahG, I hope you have recovered completely from your stomach virus and dehydration. How scary! Dehydration is so "stealth" ... we don't really know when it's happening to us and when it's getting to a serious stage. I hope you are feeling great by now.

@LurkyLoo, I am very glad that the gnats are gone, and how nice that you've read "Tara Road"! (That Danny. And that's all I'll say for those who haven't read it yet.) I watched "Poldark" on Sunday, and Ross is getting on my nerves again! I am sorry you have to deal with inflammation from RA. I do not have a sore throat, but sometimes (maybe it's psychological), my throat feels tight, especially after my vocal exercises.  I did not realize that you , like Selah, suffered heartbreaking loss -- your only child, Angela. How overwhelming and devastating. (((Hugs))) (I wish I could do that in person.)

@DeLaney, dear Marcia ... I must say that your description of all that snow and the plowing of a path and the OK water pipes and your extra clothes and  ... well ... so COZY!!! As I read that, I pictured Cute sharing her hot cocoa recipe with all of us as we removed wet scarves and boots at the door and then sat down to chat and sip at our cocoa. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving with Mike. I find that reading fiction at night, until I get sleepy, is relaxing. These days, I mostly reread the same books. ... very comforting. I lately do not want to "work" to learn new characters, if that makes sense! I am glad that your husband does not have to return to PR until after your trip to Ireland. 

@Q-Anu, oh my goodness, what a visual of your gemstone ring getting blown off your finger by one of those TURBO hand dryers! And you scampering after it in heels! How was the root canal? You have been through it! You experienced pain that was worse than natural childbirth ... AAAIIIEEEE!! I haven't tried Josie's line, but I've been tempted. I may do it! 

I wish @Dawn01 and @bathina would come back to say hi, but I want Dawn/Bassetbabe to do whatever she's comfortable doing (even though I miss her), and I think bathina must be very busy.

@agnesann, thank you for your prayers and support. It has been such a treat to see the KS ladies here again. I hope you will all stay permanently, and post as your time allows.

Issy, I can't believe you got your first ring at age 4. That is very early, but something tells me you were more than ready for it! I hope all is well with you.

Cute t, I love that Maybelline was in the Halloween parade and that you were surprised by your GD and Bear. I hope your Texas family gets an offer on the Vermont house very soon.

@NAES1, please rest and take good care of yourself! Heart

I will most likely post again in the middle of December. I am flying soon to a well-known hospital for a second opinion. They may operate again there ... not sure ... but I want to wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving. Heart Heart Heart I'll be thinking about all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

I am catching up on my "hello" reading -- very enjoyable. Snappy, I see that you are posting late in the day, but I understand why. You have lots of updates! Yay! 

@NAES1, please rest and take good care of yourself! Heart

I will most likely post again in the middle of December. I am flying soon to a well-known hospital for a second opinion. They may operate again there ... not sure ... but I want to wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving. Heart Heart Heart I'll be thinking about all of you.

~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~

Heart ~ 11-09-2017

I read the entire love messages to each of your true friends that care so much for you, as much, but not any more than I do.

I told snappy I would be back much earlier but the story, what    ``I wanted to say, would be too long and I thought it best to wait until Thursday's afternoon.

This has been a very long year of frightening illnesses and tests that go along with unknown answers, it seems, for everyone I read- for those, I will come to know closer, later. 

I have special prayers for you sweet MsLomo and dear snappy.

"My family has not planned anything out of the ordinary, as I used to do, but will hopefully be together for the coming turkey day, but to be with each other for Christmas is a gleeful time to know we, as a family, again have each other."

I can not asked anymore than that.

This has been down right tough for all of us in different ways. Yes, snappy, I have been blessed as you once told me, nothing I had ever done, brought this love, as I have.

Now we go with MsLomo and support her as she climbs that unknown mountain of questions to be answered, just like snappy did; we never left her side, nor will we leave you, our strict funny lovable English teacher.

Our prayers run strong as you seek another opinion; those one by one cough suppressants I gingerly have melting each time, there will be "I" holding your handHeart~

I will see everyone much later. I am now going to take a very hot soak and be ready for sleep as I listen to my husband slowly breathe me to slumber.

God Bless Our Special Group ~

+ Sashay's head bumps Cat Happy

love, NAES

@c/o @MsLomo

@ and @snappyfrappy

Trusted Contributor

@NAES1, you are such a sweetie ... so very loving and generous. Thank you for your daily "Ricola" for me. (I have some of those and also Luden's drops -- I think of you whenever I pop one in, which is several times a day!) I noticed the time of your post (early this morning). You were up late, and I hope it's not because you couldn't fall asleep due to the recent event with your neighbor. I also hope you have recovered physically. 

Thank you for holding my hand through the events of the next few weeks. I am squeezing it back with Heart Heart Heart.

Valued Contributor

My dearest, MsLomo......you have the loving hands and arms of all of us surrounding you.

You are so very sweet and dear to me.  Just know that I love you very much.  Take care.

I will be back later.