Trusted Contributor

So good to see you here, Anu! I'm so sorry about the abcessed tooth and required root canal. I know how painful that is. Rest, swish gently often and take gentle care. What an inconvenience, but if you have to miss some classes, you will make it up later. I'll chat more with you when you are feeling better. Praying that's very soon! ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Dawn- enjoying your delightful posts, as usual! I have never used Josie's products, but I believe Anu uses the argon oil. The cream certainly looks lush and lubricating in the demos. Saw her for a few minutes on with Shawn last night. I bet Issy would know! I typically buy drug store products, like Oil of Olay and just the lotion that my Physical Therapist uses during the massages. I can't apply it as well as she does, but it's medicated because it warms as well as moisturizers. I have the crepey neck- it got worse as I lost weight, of course, but then I am 77 years old. 

Since you have asthma, I would certainly test that lavender before putting it on your sweaters, or in the drawers. Some of it can be quite strong. Depends on how much essential oil is used in the product. I like the lightly scented mist sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond in the linens section. I spray a bit in my linen closet and to freshen my sheets between weekly washings. Need another bottle, now that I'm reminded. 

I'll be honored to pray for your dear friends who lost loved ones to such senseless violence. That always adds another thick layer to grief. So very tragic. Bless you for asking on their behalf. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Enjoy your day and come back soon. I'm getting worried about MsLomo, too. Hoping she is just busy because she feels fine, and will check in with us when she can. 

Hello to cute, Issy and all who drop by. ❤️

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Warm greetings to all of you. I have enjoyed catching up on these posts. It is delightful to have a "full house" posting  here.

@DeLaney, thank you for the love and hope. I am looking forward to knowing more about what I have. I feel fear of the unknown at times, but I am hopeful. I loved the barnacle comment from your Gram! I do think we have a lot in common, and when I read about you and Trinity in Dublin, I was swooning. I have read and continue to reread Rosamunde Pilcher's books and also those by Maeve Binchy. Trinity in Dublin reminded me of MB's "Tara Road." I don't know if you've read that one. I am very sad for the loss of your brother from leukemia, and then to have that house fire ... you and your family have been through it! I am happy that your husband is doing OK, working hard to restore power in PR in what has to be disheartening and disappointing "surroundings" (to say the least). Will look forward to your telling us that he is back home!

@LurkyLoo, it sounds to me that you do not have any weight problem. The bread machine will be a perfect gift! It is always such a pleasure to read your posts. So glad that you are here.

BB/DD (Bassetbabe/Dazzling Dawn), please forgive me for causing you any anguish about the origination of "DD." I just didn't want SelahG to think I was "appropriating" her nickname without giving her credit -- as if she would have ever thought anything negative -- never! She is so sweet! But I would never want to cause you any pain! So, I am sorry. Meanwhile, I remember when you first told us (maybe it was at the HSN Community?) about the 11/1 nightmare. How horrible. It is impossible to get over something like that, and that the person(s) responsible have not been caught is even more frightening and terrible. Prayers for those suffering and trying to cope with this loss. I went to Sheba's thread and thought what she posted was very uplifting. Thanks for telling me about that. I hope you are feeling better!

@Q-Anu, it is wonderful to see you again! It's been a long time. I hope the pain from your tooth is getting better so you can get the root canal behind you. Ugh. I've had crowns, but never a root canal. I hope it's fast and painless.

Snappy, I am so touched that DD is praying for me. What a doll she is. (Would you please tell her it's not my thyroid, but please thank her for asking.) I am just sick over DD#1's rings. How about DD#2 giving her ring to DD#1? That DD#2 is so tender-hearted and generous. My parents gave me an 18k white-gold ring that my father's oldest sister wore. She died right after I was born, and my grandmother gave the ring to my father to give to me. I wore it from the time I was 13 until age 40 when I lost a little too much weight and it got loose and fell off somewhere between downtown and my home. I am still sick about it whenever I remember it. So sentimental. And it was beautiful, too. I checked everywhere for years, but it never turned up. I hope that DD#1 gets her rings back! On a cheerful note, only four days until you get to hold GGD!

Issy, Cute t, @NAES1, and @bathina, I hope you are doing fine.

Heart Heart Heart to everyone, and thank you so much for your support and lovely posts.

Esteemed Contributor

@snappyfrappy   ~ @MsLomo ~ @Issy79 Heart "S" for all.

You must realize that my absence had to be ' very important ' not to be here as often. PLEASE understand I am trying to _help_  .._intervene_..

with something THATHAS BECOME very serious { happening } to one of our elderly neighbors that has been unfortunately (not his fault in 99%) totally.

I can't give too much information out since I am to understand - - I am one of the main witnesses.

This happened very close on the first of October. We did not know *exactly* what had occurred until about October 05.

I actually have not been on, other than a few brief reads of any updated news ref: poster friends that have been very ill or hosptilized / their family member being extremely ill or the worst> health news= terminal.

Heart {I am trying to gather as much information from you, snappy and MsLomo's health situations, and miss Issy79}. 

New friends that have come on 15- 20 days ago;

From what I did read over 2 weeks ago (notifications, etc.), I am truly am sincerely apologectic not ``getting back to each one``- those lovely ladies that knew you- MsLomo many years ago.

I am so glad that they had come and briefed each one of you OF old times when I was Haaaa never heard of here, nor the othe other chat board. 

To explain without giving too much information, this is a serious legal happening, and our dear elderly neighboris in "J". The family either will not or has not (for reasons unknown) post "B". We can, though. Just under 100,000$. A scam. A younger woman either with a mental prob. or has done this before.

Her word was taken by the local authorities..> against his...****> which NEVER happened.

That is where I come in. Spoke w/ AT.at L.

love Heart to all,    ~ "this has taken its toll on my husbnd and myself, to say the least. I have only one other friend on the forum I mentioned in riddles to protect [said] friend. This has become a shock to our little area.

If this could happen to him, an elderly crippled man, it could happen to anyone................................

Adding this: I am 80 percent stronger( Fire In my Belly) than 3 weeks ago.

READY TO GO!

SNAPPY, @snappyfrappy

a loving hug for your little GGD; a blessing of love from me. 

@MsLomoHeart Cat Happy Woman Happy~

MsLomo, please update me on your throat. I have NOT missed a day having 1 Ricola cough drop so you would know I'm right there with you. I went through the honey immune support from Switzerland/vit C, and now taking (enjoying) the Mixed Berry supplement DROPS. Just finished today- Cherry Honey naturally soothing 'that last'. The lemon is a tad too bitter, soback to the pure honey. With love and understanding.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning Ladies.

Has anybody seen/heard from Cute? I tried to go back thru all the long posts - it is so hard to keep up with all the copying and replying. when people reply and include somebody else's entire post it makes it very difficult to follow and you get lost..it is so confusing. I hope she doesn't stop posting.. I looked several times ...but I don't see her and it looks like she hasn't posted in over a week.

I certainly hope all is okay and just busy.  I work in mental health field and check in periodically to see how everybody is doing..but especially her daughter who while I don't know her..understand the life and always like to hear she is doing ok..and her own thing.

Super Contributor

Thank you LurkyL and MsLomo about my friends  deaths.

I am so sorry that my copying and quoting caused problems hereWoman Sad so I willl no longer post here.Ms Lomo,you know where to find me to post  to.

MsLomo,I will continue to pray for you and any others in  need.It was good to reconnect with you and Snappy,if only for a brief timeHeart..I meant to cause no problems here so please forgive me.

Thank you to everyone that was so sweet to me here.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@CouponQueen, nice to see you here! It's been a long time!  @DeLaney is in the same field and said that it's a busy time of year for you. Hope all is well with you. Cute t sometimes gets very busy, but I share your concern that something may be going on with her or her family. She is very active on Facebook, though. I no longer have an active account on Facebook, and her page is private, but sometimes when I have time, I go to HSN's (public) Facebook page and see her posts there. I hope she'll be back here soon. 

Oh Bassetbabe/Dazzling Dawn, please do not worry about it for another second. We had a lot of posts come in at the same time -- thankfully -- from wonderful people we haven't heard from in a long time, including YOU! -- and I did it, too! @NAES does it, too! Sometimes, it's the only way I can see what I am responding to. It has been a treat to hear from everyone. BB/DD, now that you have found us and are back, please do not stop posting here!  

@NAES1, you are so sweet about the Ricola drops! I am concerned about what's going on with you and your neighbor, but I understand you can't say too much. Grrr. Please keep in touch as you are able to.

Heart to all ....

Trusted Contributor

Hi, friends—happy Thursday to all! The week is nearly over. Sorry I am just getting back here. I've had a stomach virus. Had to quarantine myself as best I could, hoping the family doesn’t catch it since it came with fever and chills. Finally feeling human again. 

I've been reading a bit here at night by cell phone and missing cute's sweet posts, too! I pray all is okay with her and her family. Hope she checks in soon ... Just dives in anywhere! Nice of you to stop by and check on her, CouponQueen. 

Dazzling Dawn, please don’t leave us! MsLomo is right ... the only way to follow along here and respond to each post made to us is to use the quote feature or make one long post and chance timing out—or copy/paste from notepad. That's our options ... not our fault, so don’t go blaming yourself. I'm sure I used quotes, too. I gave it no thought at all when you thought MsLomo gave you the nickname DD—I would never get angry over anything like that! I was just happy that it made you smile. I'm praying for your friends during this extremely difficult time. Their strength, for justice to come ... and some measure of peace to follow. 

MsLomo, I’m so relieved to read your posts since you got the latest news from your doctor. It's never an easy thing to digest when they order a biopsy. I'm praying your courage, strength and comfort through faith while you wait to learn the results. Thank you for sharing with us your fascinating career—you are one sharp, talented lady! I had no college at all. Married young the first time soon after HS. Had two children with my first husband, but lost that son and husband together in an automobile accident. That surviving daughter lives near to us now since we've moved back. She just went through a painful divorce and I so wanted to be here to help support her through that. She is in therapy and doing much better now. I bet your son and husband are rising to be a great support system for you. I pray for them, too. We'll be here! ❤️

Page is jumpimg around—afraid I’ll lose my post. BRB.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Issy! I think about you all the time, too and wonder what you're up to. Thank you for the warm welcomes—I have missed all of you, too! ❤️❤️❤️

NAES, I’ll be praying for you and your husband as you try to support and defend your neighbor through this scam ordeal. Scams, scams everywhere! I call it a moral plague. So glad to hear you are feeling so much better! 

Hi, snappy! Enjoying all your posts about your GGD so much. Know you will be in absolute bliss during the big visit! I'm sorry about your daughter's rings and hope they are returned to her. Would wager her husband has already proceeded to order her an identical set. She may end up with two! The weather here had cooled down a lot, but now the humidity has returned with rain expected. Hope you and all in such need get rains, but no downpours to cause slides where those awful burns were. Praying you learn more and get the help you need to help your breathing at your next appt. Thank you and all here for praying for us! 

Feel better soon, Anu! Abscess ... nasty business. Root canals are no fun, but you won’t regret not going through this pain again. I know it is rough. Hugs to you, dear friend. 

Lurky, you know we are praying for Martha and I hope you hear encouraging news soon. 

Love to all who post and read here! ❤️

Trusted Contributor

@SelahG, I did not know about your losing your first husband and son. I feel in awe of all you have gone through. There are no words really. And here you are, after having come through and survived that fire, so emotionally generous and available to us here. Just amazing ... and terribly humbling.  Heart 

I am happy to hear that you and your daughter live near each other and that she is out of a painful situation and getting stronger every day with therapy. Heart Heart