Super Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

I have been reading everyone's posts. Joyful! The thought of all of you with me today really helped. I didn't get the best news, but I'm certain it would have been a lot worse without your thoughts and prayers. 

The new polyp is there (still). The surgeon said they don't like to see something like this within three months after surgery. Soooo, if it's still there in four weeks, he will do an "in-office" biopsy (yikes ... bravery needed) to send to pathology, and if it comes back malignant, I'll need the surgery again -- "and we'll talk about radiation." (If it's not malignant, he'll keep an eye on it, but that would be good news if it's just a plain polyp.)

Snappy, you talked recently and eloquently about the feeling of vulnerability when personal health situations get serious. I think most of us live our lives unaware of our layer of protection that keeps us from feeling the sharp awareness of dying and leaving our loved ones. I have felt very sensitive lately about this situation, very vulnerable. I do not want to leave DS, and I know he would take it hard if I were to leave anytime soon. And the thought of not being able to help DH feels just terrible to me.

So, the only satisfactory outcome for this situation is that (1) the biopsy needs to come back benign; (2) but, if malignant, the surgery needs to be successful; and, (3) no recurrence. I'm not even going to think about radiation, because I don't want to do it. (I'm afraid it may cause more problems.)

So, I have put in my request for the aforementioned, and we'll see what happens! Smiley Happy

@Dawn01, Bassetbabe, I am sorry that you did not feel good today. I am hoping you will feel better tomorrow. It will be your birthday! We will bake a cake and share it with you! What is your favorite cake?

Also, to give credit where credit is due, I believe it was @SelahG who gave you the name "Dazzling Dawn" (on October 20). And Dazzling Dawn you are ... especially with more jewelry coming tomorrow from your sweetie pie husband!  Smiley Happy

About your cashmere sweater question (by the way, how beautiful are those sweaters!): I think @LurkyLoo gave good advice. I Googled "care of cashmere sweaters," and read about cleaning the sweater first, then folding and storing in tissue paper (LurkyLoo's advice) "or a plastic bag or well-sealed plastic storage box" (aha, your extra boxes!). Also interesting is the advice to spray perfume on a piece of paper and put that paper next to your sweater inside the box!

I've always heard that plastic encourages moisture, so I am afraid of plastic bags. But, I think if you wrapped in tissue paper first (to absorb any moisture), you could then store them in the plastic bags that came with the sweaters.

Yes, I did get my hair cut yesterday, and it's kind of shocking when I accidentally catch my reflection, but it also feels good. I feel lighter and bouncy!

Bassetbabe, a very Happy Birthday to you tomorrow!!!  Heart

@LurkyLoo(Ruth), thanks very much for all of your great information! The Moravian Star -- no, I did not realize that was its name! And thanks for the "N.A." explanation. It all makes sense now. How nice that Rowan and Selah's work is on a reservation. You know, now that you mention it, I did hear some carrot crunching. I'm glad that was you. For a minute, I thought Flo was breaking some of her teeth on the corn candy (she had a bag of it). You found a Mounds Bar? Oh, my! I'm also a fan of dark chocolate and coconut, separate or together! By the way, I do not trust the driverless cars ... well, maybe more than I do today's texting drivers -- but I prefer an attentive driver, ready to jump in, while the car is doing its thing. (The word "automobile" -- interesting.)

@snappyfrappy, Ithank you for praying for me this morning when you woke up. So sweet! I fantasized that all of us would meet at the next KS get-together at Selah's. I believe that could happen. We'll need to work on that! Smiley Happy

How about your GGD using the hair band as a sleep mask! Yes, SMART! She's a problem solver. Want to look like a living doll? Leave hair band in place. Want to catch a few zzzz's but there's too much sunlight in the car? No problem. Pull it down over your eyes and grab a power nap!  

Today was fun, but I did have a moment. I slipped on something but thankfully didn't fall down. I looked on the floor and saw pieces of CORN CANDY. (Unh, hunh. From Flo's bag.) She must have dropped some when she was trying to get all the Milky Way Midnite Miniatures. Well, ha, I managed to yank a lot of them back. 

Speaking of "old-age barnacles," that's what my dermatologist calls those overnight sensations that pop up on us. 

Well, I wrote a book, didn't I .... Woman Surprised 

Heart  Heart  Heart  Thanks and love to all!

I do hope it was OK that I quoted and responded to people.Only way my rambling brain  can keep up.YIKES.

Ms Lomo,I am so very sorry that the polyp is still there but we will keep the prayers going that ALL will be the best scenario.I know that when medical issues come up,it is normal to feel like you do.Our mortality really hits us ....I just have a very good feeling about all of this and will con tinue to pray.Heart

I can find those Milky Ways but not the miniatures.I wonder if Flo bought up a lot of them.Woman Wink

I know you sometimes read Shebas thread.She has some beautiful birthday wishes for meWoman Happy and some haunting tales I have enjoyed..But on page 47 right now,she has Finding Deep Strength and page 48,I believe is Sending Healing to Yourself.I think both of them are thoughtful and helpful in my life and I hope they help you too.Heart

Sorry I atrributed my nic to the wrong person.Please forgive.Woman Embarassed

I had to edit and thank you also for my cashmere advice.You ladies are the best.Woman Very Happy

So funny,in talking about skin,my hubby recently had 2 bad cysts on his back and had to go to derm twice a week to have them packed for several weeks..He saw a nurse there and she bluntly told him he had bad skin.YIKES,glad they were not on his face.

I have tired my eyes out writing so I just wanted to  close saying  HI to everyone and I hope each of you are safe snd enjoy your day.My thanks to everyone.Heart

Your friend Bassetbabe/Dawn.

Respected Contributor

Hi, dear MsLomo.....well, thank you for coming and telling us what your doctor had to say. Of course it's hard to hear words like that and then to have to wait. Four weeks is a long time. The only way to handle it is one day at a time and to not dwell on the "what ifs". At least that is true for me. I imagine a biopsy done in the office can't be too bad. But, I'd be scared too. We can pray for healing, and we will be doing that. Count on it.

And it could very well be benign. They often are, so why not yours?

I know how it feels to think about leaving our loved ones.There's no use denying that it would be hard. It just is. DD said this week that nothing has been right since dad went Home.  She meant nothing in the whole world. If you were to go first, and we don't know that will happen, I know your hubby and son would take care of each other.

I listen to contemporary Christian music pretty much all day. There's a beautiful new song called "At the Cross". It speaks of the love Jesus has for us and half way through it says..."and when the earth fades, falls from my eyes, and You stand before me, I know you love me." It brought a lot of relief to my mind to know that when that time comes for me, all that I fear will fall away and DD will be in His hands. As much as is possible, I have left things so they will be easy for her, but I've eperienced the grief of losing hubby, and it's no good pretending it's not hard.

I'm glad you were helped by having all of us with you. Now you know a bit about what that mean to me all those years ago. It would be great to have a get together, but at least we can do that here and it's a valuable connection.

I got a kick out of your thoughts about how the baby uses her head bands....LOL.

I can hardly wait to get my arms around her again.

My dermatologist also refers to that "stuff" as barnacles. Must be the technical term they learn in medical school....

Glad you like your new haircut.

We all know what a great writer you are, and love to read your posts, but I don't remember knowing that you had been a practicing attorney! Not a surprise. I'm sure you could present a logical and compelling case to a jury.

Be certain you are loved and thought about and prayed for, and we will continue to do that until you are in the "clear" and all is well again. You are never alone.

Much love,

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

Dawn, please don't worry about mixing up names or who posted what- that's bound to happen to us all. I think you do a nice job with the quoting! Half the time when I try, I can't get my larger font to work and when I use the @Dawn01 it doesn't highlight as when others do. I therefore just try to start each post with the person's name and hope for the best. 

Just post however you like, dear. We'll find it! 

Sorry you are plagued with gnats in your area, too. MsLomo posted the best advice plus a handy link a few posts back. 

What a blessing your husband is to your life and what a birthday you've had! Another dazzling ring and the bird feeders! I'm so happy for you!!

❤️-Ruth 

Respected Contributor

Happy birthday, DAZZLING DAWN! Wowzer.....matching sparklers. I'd never want to do a bit of housework ever again, or gardening, etc. I mean, who would want to take those rings off in order to do such mundane things! The bird feeders are nice also.

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Praying for you to get all better soon. It was good to see you in MsLomo's pocket. I guess it was too dark in there for your "bling" to shine, which seems almost impossible....she's certainly in our hearts and minds and prayers.

If you have  Michaels in your area, I think you can get acid free paper there....and probably on Amazon. Free shipping, etc.

Sorry all of you have those awful gnats! Maybe it's too hot out here for them. But, DD is doing serious battle with spiders. They have places outside that they just love to spin teir webs. Last night they got the RAID treatment.

I'm so glad we are together again. I miss cute...phone home!!!!

Hi to Lurky, and DeLaney...praying for your needs and your loved ones.

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hello and blessings today, snappy! I left you a post with some info on CHF on the previous page. 

Going to get ready to go down to dinner now. ❤️ 

Respected Contributor

Dear Lurky,

So thankful that Martha came through her surgery. I can still see my hubby right after his Tubes everywhere and he was Out of it. It took a full year for him to recover completely. do they still take the vein from the leg as they did with him? I hope she can have her PT close to home. We had to drive a long way for his.

Thank you can't begin to explain how much your information has helped me! God bless you for it. I'll try the link. I have looked on line at Mayo Clinic and other places for help with it and also left bundle branch block which I have as well as ACE inhibitors and Beta blockers and my CMT. It all works together.

My echo showed my heart function at 35%. I'm sure the doc will want to do another one after she feels I'm stable on meds. I see her on the 8th, at which time I imagine she will increase the strength of the Lisinopril. I take a very low dose right now.

I'm thrilled that you have been helped so much.

In my case, they don't know why I have it. No blockage in my arteries, and I haven't had a heart attack. But, the CMT means that I have congenital myopathy., and the heart is a muscle. My PC doc told me that he had done a little research to see if there's a connection between the CMT and my heart condition, and that he was going to do more. Makes sense to me.

Nothing has been said about it being on one side or the other. I do know my heart is enlarged and getting hard as it tries to do it's job.

Of course, I'm 83, so I've already lived more than the 3 score and 10.

I do want to spend more time with the baby and get to tell her the things that really matter.

No, I've not been put on a diaretic. I sit with my legs elevated on the recliner, and don't notice any obvious swelling. I do need to speak with the doc about that and also about how much socium I should injest. I have no trouble breathing while lying down. My chest is clear.

I have Alexa on my Kindle Fire, but I don't use her, or even know how. Just as well.

You are such an anazing woman, and God has used you this week to help my confused and somewhat troubled soul. Thank you again, and may He bless you, and take good care of Martha today and in the months ahead. Did you say she is in her 70s?

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Lurky, I did go to that web site. Learned SO much! Thank you with all my heart. No pun intended. I didn't know that the congestive part is BLOOD that backs up. I thought it was some watery fluid. And I have no idea whether mine is on one side or both. The doctor might not agree, but I think it's connected to the CMT, and that I may have had it a long time. In 2008, I had a stress test with echo and it didn't show up then, but the left bundle branch block did, of course. I'm feling much better about it, so I thank you again for your kindness and information.

Praying for Martha. Hope to hear good news.

MsLomo....DD is praying for you. Both of us have had biopsies in the neck. It's not bad. She asked me if you are sure it's not thyroid cancer. I would assume your doctor would know the difference, but just thought I'd pass that on.

Hi to everyone. Hope Cute is okay...we miss you!!

snappy Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Just heard from DD#1. She removed her wedding rings and a ring made from a stone my dad found and cut and polished while washing her hands at her doctor's office. She didn't notice for about 20 minutes. When she returned, they were GONE. Either a staff person, or a patient or someone with one took them. She is devestated. She's in the parking lot there waiting for a police officer to come and take her report. Her engagement ring has a large center stone...one and a half carats, and others and more on t he wedding ring.

A very expensive set, but it is insured. Still it can't be replaced with the one given to her by her hubby on their wedding day. I think they were engraved inside. I"m heartsick for her. I pray someone will get caught, or maybe be convicted and return them.

Moral of the story is never to take them off in a public place. Many years ago we were on a trip somewhere and stopped at a roadside convenience center. She removed her senior class ring and forgot it. Right after she walked out, we saw a woman go in, and she had to be the one who took it. I gave her my class ring to wear and she has to this day.

DD#2 has a ring with a stone my dad found. It was mine. I gave it to her so both of them would have something from their grandfather. She is going to give it to DD#1. It will mean more to her, and is so very sweet.

Dawn, I know you will be very careful with your wonderful dazzlers...

snappy

Trusted Contributor

Happy Friday, ladies! I’m pasting this edited version back here again. Many interesting posts to read since I last tried. . .

@Dawn01 glad you got a chuckle from my Gram's barnacles come-back! She dreads the physical exams more than anyone I know. Not that any of us enjoy them. The over-washing of your hands sounds like a solid cause of crepe to me. The hand sanitizers dry mine out, too.

You certainly scored bigly for your birthday! 💍💍 What a loving husband you're blessed with and I’m glad you're feeling better now, too. Lot of respiratory infections going around here, with increased asthma. Likely due to the smoke from the fires — add to that the cold snap. Perfect recipe for colds, flu, pneumonia — gah.

I love cashmere and I checked out those sweaters with the ribbing — gorgeous! Too bad I missed out on the TSV. Enjoy! I live in a colder climate (MT) without many moths, but I store my sweaters in a chest of drawers with cedar bottoms. I slip a lavender sachet in each. Keeps things fresh and wards off most insects, I’ve alway heard. You can also buy the spray mist that contains the lavender oil. You could use that on the acid-free tissue paper that Lurky and MsLomo we’re recommending. Unless it is that you're allergic to lavender like my mom.

Good luck with them — I’m enjoying your posts and getting to know you! 😊

Before it slips my mind again. . . Anu sends her love and assurances of prayers to you ladies. She will be checking in when she can. I believe her nic here is @Q-Anu. Said she can only sign in with her old cell phone that has her password stored. Since it is encrypted, she can’t see what that is, but will try to change it soon. She's read a bit recently on her breaks and has the thread saved.

@MsLomo you'll be interested to know that Anu returned to Corp. Law classes this semester! So she’s only working part time now, because as you know all too well how demanding those classes are.

Another commonality is both she and I attended Catholic schools like you! Anu in CA — myself back in IRE. I got the scholarship to Trinity in Dublin and stayed back there boarding at Gram's after my grandfather passed over. That really was perfect for her and myself as I could drive her where she needed to be, and she could enjoy cooking as always for my friends and myself. But then it was in my 2nd year that my brother took so ill with leukemia. . . I had to leave all that and come here to help my parents help him. Was meant to be, but such a painful time for the whole family. My brother remains a hero of mine and always will. I didn’t really get to grieve normally for my parents' sakes, because as hard as it was for me; it was triply so for them — losing their first born that way. Enough sorrow. . . We struggled through and I’m thankful to be here in the U.S.A., but all that — plus the house fire due to a gas explosion is what set me back in my career for a few years.

Wanted you to know we have the educational experiences in common — among so many other things, I’m sure. I'm fascinated with your work and how you combined your talents! Wish more of those writing mechanics, as well as some creativity would rub off on me! I'm more of a research nerd 🤓 — always loved science, as well as theology. Some see that as an extreme polarity, but I never did.

Thank you for filling me in on the amazing @NAES1 and her teaching of nursing skills. Much needed in this world! Hope she can check in with us again soon.

They did not yet send Dad home with the TENS unit, though did try it on him in the office. They upped his Gabapentin dosage and it hasn’t helped at all sadly. He will return in another 3 weeks and we believe — if all his tests came back looking good, he will leave with the unit this time. He can’t take Lyrica and so many other drugs due to the aneurysm problems. So few really combat nerve pain anyway. A last resort would be the permanently deadening that nerve. A complex situation. We'll cross that complicated bridge if and when we come to it. Like with your polyp. . .

As I said yesterday, I pray no radiation will be required at all. Wish you didn’t have to wait so long — that is the hardest part. We'll be saying special prayers for you (and snappy) at church during Sunday services. 💞 The Lord knows our deepest fears behind the veil and addresses them from within. Blessed we are to have the Comforter in our darkest hours. When we were trying to say our “goodbyes” to my brother, he kept reminding us that we're already a part of Eternity, thanks be to Christ. Nothing could truly divide us or change that sacred togetherness in Him. He wasn’t leaving us, just the suffering that is a part of this existence. Still, it's hard. . . and may you and yours not face this pain for a long, long time, my friend.

I would not deny the fear, but use that energy up in planning for the “what ifs” for whenever they eventually come. . . and to have yourselves the merriest Christmas together ever. You already know what the most important things are, so you likewise know how to celebrate or honor your time together during the holy season. Don’t I wish we could all be together, if just to share a cup of cocoa! At Selah's or anywhere at all. I'll be back soon — when I can only read, I’ll heart you all. ❤️ This time of the year is unfortunately the hardest for many of our patients. . . Much love to you!

@SelahG right you are. The FBI are there in P.R. investigating. Some of the complaints is that mayors of local municipalities — or people associated with them — are giving their supporters special treatment. While most continue to go without. My husband, still in Bayamon, tells me that donations are being sold at super inflated prices out of markets. Requires R.I.C.O action. Then there is the truckers strike at the worst possible time. Mike is okay — using a sat phone now to stay in touch. Thank you and ALL here for the prayers! Progress remains slow, but 40% of the power grid is up now. Love to the family and ministry. Will chat more with you privately soon.

@snappyfrappy I'm giving thanks that Bob's home was spared!! Blessed rain — thank the Lord. Any new updates on Autumn yet? Have prayed for her healing and her reunion at home with family. I do understand these things take time and she must be safeguarded from infections, too.

I did study CMT online a bit — rather rare. Didn’t see the foot you speak of yet, but I wouldn’t worry that it will progress in you in that particular manner anyway. I also have long, narrow feet with somewhat high arches. Seems, as with Lupus and so many other disorders, CMT is extremely variable. You've lived a long, good life with it — not knowing its name. Now you are better acquainted so at least you know what you are dealing with. Wish there was a cure, but its progress in you has been slow — merciful. I pray that remains so, and if there's anything in particular you'd like to know pertaining to our research with neurologists, just ask. It's well documented that many emotional and even mental illnesses have organic origins. DNA studies have located many such links — markers of mutations. Of course environment can never be ruled out entirely either in all cases. That “nature vs nurture” debate is ongoing (can be both) — in addition to prenatal factors like viruses, contaminants, etc. Finding the source of the troubles is our greatest hope in finding cures. Many times traumatic events in our childhoods can result in lifelong PTSD. It's not only our veterans who suffer this condition. 

You are correct in that both disorders and gifts can skip generations. Won’t it be wonderful if your GGD inherited the musical gift? Can tell already she is resourceful and positively brilliant! So good-spirited, too. Her environment is one of love and adventure. That will help her develop a great sense of curiosity and courage. She has you to help teach her the deeper things, so blessed she is to become a well-rounded person. She just may someday lead her parents and others in faith. He works in the most mysterious ways!

Your youngest daughter is only 2 years older than Joy. Yes, anything can happen, if she is open to it. Not all want to marry and that's definitely okay, too! I have friends and co-workers of all ages who never have and never intend to. Most are quite happy in their independence, but admittedly they don’t live with either parent. If you pass over before she does, she will have to adjust to living alone. . . as well as mourning the loss of her mother. We will pray for her guidance and the Lord will answer. Maybe lead her to living in a retirement community closer to her sister, once she can retire. One thing is sure; she had the very best upbringing with the foundation built solidly on faith. Thanks for reminding us of Who our security rests in and so that can never fail! This world would disguise that truth, or plant doubts in the most sophisticated, deceptive ways.

Discernment is vital and praise-worthy daily. Yes, sadly even in charity so as not to aid corruption and feed greed, rather than those in need. Can’t be a bit surprised when this takes place even in the name of our Savior. Weren’t we warned of just that?

You speak wisely regarding all those gifts with constant solicitations sent by various charities. It reminds me, too, of all those ads on TV — knowing the costs for airtime. Not only charities either, but the drug companies. . . How much of that could better be spent on research? The price of pharmaceuticals being carried primarily by Americans is obscene. Heard today that Amazon is going to merge into those sales now, too. Hope it will be helpful to consumers, rather than just furthering that global monopoly on. . . practically everything now. You should be able to grocery shop with your one-click soon, if not already. When it comes to fresh food, though, I still prefer to go and make my choices. Great opportunity for those less mobile, though.

Here's a link of the Cave of the Apocalypse that contains other links for more info on Pátmos:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Apocalypse

Has a few pics, too, until Agnes can make it back here.

😰 Oh, no. . . Just read about DD1's stolen rings!! Will pray that they are recovered and returned to her swiftly. So good of DD2 to gift her with her own family heirloom.

I'm missing cute, too. Hoping she is okay! 👌Would wager she is busy, wherever she is. No moss will ever gather on her, Joy or Issy for certain!

I’m thankful to see Lurky enjoying her time here again and that she's such a comfort to you, as she is to all.

Ruth: I will try borrowing Dad's newest Kindle Fire here this weekend to see how it performs against the gremlins. Will let you know my findings.

I'll be back when I can, friends and praying for you all until then! 💚 Have a nice, safe weekend. 

Trusted Contributor

DeLaney, thank you- and your father, too. That will be so helpful to me. I want to get the most practical back-up device to help me with my few needs. I already know that Owen posts well with his on Delphi and snappy has shared how well hers works with email and shopping. Only need to know about here. Whenever you have time, dear. No rush at all.. I know how busy you are. Get some well deserved rest this weekend! We're praying for Owen and Mike.

Hope Anu makes it in OK. Since she reads here, I hope she sees this: 

Anu, watch closely for a small Q-card pop-up to slide on your little phone screen from the right at sign-in. If you don't click on the x before that slips away again, your posts may not go through and the pages won't load correctly. I'll be so glad when the offer ends again.